• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Art Post some ART that you're feeling today - and why?

Khadijah

Bluelight Crew
Aight, nuff sed, Post a piece of art you like, and explain why. It dont have to be a long explanation, and try and keep it serious...Kind of like "what are you listenin to right now?" Of the art world. A piece that you are feelin at this moment. Jus for today, one that fits your mood. And what about it do you like, what connects w/u and makes you feel that its interesting, beautiful, intriguing, happy, etc. how does it relate to you and your day. what do you see in it thats special to you.

And one thing....DONT FUCKIN QUOTE PICTURES!!! Its just fine to say the persons name and reply to them without quotin the pic, and if somebody needs to see the pic that person posted as reference, then fuckin let em look at the post. There aint nothin more annoying than repeated pic quotes, it fills up space while there is still not discussion of it and it makes it annoying / hard to see whats new. try to not make ur images too big if you can help it.

Aight kids...Ill let one of ya's go first cuz i gotta think a lil on this one. Anyone can participate you aint gotta be a artist or nothin.I would love to see some good replies up in here.

walker-inst-001.jpg

It's a work by Kara Walker called "Insurrection! (Our Tools Were Rudimentary, Yet We Pressed On)". I'm feeling it because her work is parallel to the childlike yet adult mood I'm in now. You know, where you're feeling giddy like a child but for adult reasons? :)

Thanks yo. I think you make some good ones yourself. Im honored that youre postin in here. :)

THUJOOOONNNNEEE!! WHY??!

The whole point of the thread is to generate a lil bit of discussion and insight into ppls feelings and the art itself not just a 'post a pic" thread, u feel me? Ur gonna get a writeup if you dont play by the rules dude. ;)

Well, ill play with your pic, cuz i like it. That shit reminds me of some of the paintingss that are hangin on the wall at shore houses down the NJ shore. They never fail to have ocean theme decorations and pastel color paintings from sears on the wall of beach scenes. but i love em. That pic makes me feel happy and lonely at the same time. Its rainy but it looks sunny too. and i like how the waves got painted. And what is that thing in the background?

Anybody else wanna post today?

Thanks for your post AR.

It is a great thread :) I've been thinking about gauguin for the past few days, thanks to crystalcallas. :D

Art-Gauguin.jpg

bm2-1.jpg

bmm2.jpg

bmm.jpg

bmm5.jpg

bmm7.jpg

bmm3.jpg

These are all by my friend Bethany Marchman. The amazing thing is that her subjects actually look like her. She truely is angelic and devilish all at once.

Bethany Marchman
bmm8.jpg

'komorebi'15x11.jpg

i love all of audrey kawasaki's work, but i chose to pick this one because of the look of the girl. incredible IMO. i also like that fact that she chose to use wood as a canvas. it works good i think.

Cool thread idea :)

DSC_0029.jpg

This is actually a photograph taken by another bler (eon_blue). I'm digging it because it's a nice reminder about how much bigger the world is that just my little sphere. Universe = rad.

^^That is one of the most beautiful and spectacular pictures I have ever had the privilage of seeing. Thanks,katmeow.

Yo , Frank dude. Those pics are cool n all, but its like...Post a pic, that you are feeling at the moment. Not "A buncha shit ya like."
Man i hate to come off all stuck up or somethin so dont try n take it like im mad or nothin like that. but i jus thought it would be cool to see a lil more discussion than just random posting images. cuz postin a pic, aint fun for nobody but you....the person that posts it only knows the purpose of it and that makes it a lounge style thread instead one that fits in here n makes u think a lil bit more. This aint a "post some pics you think is good/cool/whatever" thread reason cuz i rather see what ppl are thinkin about it n why.

Aint nothin wrong with what you like but jus post one, they were all the same mostly anyways so aint no point to the thread if everybody just posts a whole bunch of general examples of art they like. Jus cuz its ur homegirl dont count as a reason man ;) I aint tryna be a dick , Its all good but Yo why dont you try and pick just one outta there that you like, cutout the rest so the page dont go down too long, n keep that one in the post and tell us why, what is it that makes you relate to it, for the way you are feeling right now? :)

Last edited:
thislittlelightofmine.gif

This is by Sam Brown from www.explodingdog.com
It's titled 'this little light of mine'
I love it, the look on his face totally captures that feeling you get when you're chilling with your poison of choice, and to hell what anyone else thinks of you.

The_Falling_Man.jpg

The Falling Man by photographer Richard Drew taken at 9:41:15 a.m., on September 11, 2001.

This photo really hit me when I first saw it and then watched the documentary (thanks SillyAlien) about the controversy it caused.

The thing that really affected me was that this photo was taken a couple of seconds before this man hit the ground and this is like basically... I can't even explain it. Also you can imagine what the man was feeling. From the moment he decided to jump to the flight time and then the second right before his death. I cannot believe that people made such a decision to jump to their death's. This photo represents all the people that jumped that day instead of being burnt alive by the quickly spreading fire.

i'm gonna post here everyday if I want to because hey, I like too many pieces of art ! :p
This has been my absolute favorite for some time now : "In Bed" by Inka Essenhigh (Oil on canvas). It completely grabs me, speaks to me, soothes me in a strangely comforting way and is just an absolute pleasure to look at.
IE-082.jpg

i love all of audrey kawasaki's work, but i chose to pick this one because of the look of the girl. incredible IMO. i also like that fact that she chose to use wood as a canvas. it works good i think.
I love Audrey as well...and I have to agree with you...the expression on the girls face in your picture is stunning.

20031208_400.jpg

20010108_400.jpg

20031123.jpg

20040223_400.jpg

done by my uncle Steve Dubov, who serves as a great artistic inspiriation to yours truly.

lacey k said:
Yo , Frank dude. Those pics are cool n all, but its like...Post a pic, that you are feeling at the moment. Not "A buncha shit ya like."
Man i hate to come off all stuck up or somethin so dont try n take it like im mad or nothin like that. but i jus thought it would be cool to see a lil more discussion than just random posting images. cuz postin a pic, aint fun for nobody but you....the person that posts it only knows the purpose of it and that makes it a lounge style thread instead one that fits in here n makes u think a lil bit more. This aint a "post some pics you think is good/cool/whatever" thread reason cuz i rather see what ppl are thinkin about it n why.

Aint nothin wrong with what you like but jus post one, they were all the same mostly anyways so aint no point to the thread if everybody just posts a whole bunch of general examples of art they like. Jus cuz its ur homegirl dont count as a reason man ;) I aint tryna be a dick , Its all good but Yo why dont you try and pick just one outta there that you like, cutout the rest so the page dont go down too long, n keep that one in the post and tell us why, what is it that makes you relate to it, for the way you are feeling right now? :)
I undestand what you're saying,lacey,but I love her work. It's hard for me to just pick one. I'm very familiar with all her work,whereas I'm sure 99% of bluelighters have never even heard of her. I wasn't trying to monopolize the page,I was only letting everyone viewing this page see the different aspects of her work. I enjoy all of her work. I just wanted to let other blrs enjoy it or hate it, too.

I am politely hating it,and I hope next time you choose to post, you'll limit yourself to one like everybody else :\