• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Art Post some ART that you're feeling today - and why?

ladyinthesky said:
alex-grey-albert-hofmann.jpg

2 geniuses Alex Grey for his great art and Albert Hofmann for all the LSD :)
I just bought this poster :)

Leaving for home early to catch a wave before the SUN sets........

Sunset_Surfing_by_QNetX.jpg

and allow the moon to take over......<3

moon.jpg

This false-color mosaic showing compositional variations in the geology of the Moon was constructed from a series of 53 images taken through three spectral filters by the imaging system of the Galileo spacecraft.

Bright pinkish areas are highlands materials, such as those surrounding the oval lava-filled Mare Crisium impact basin toward the bottom.
Blue to orange shades indicate volcanic lava flows.
To the left of Crisium, the dark blue Mare Tranquillitatis is richer in titanium than the green and orange maria above it.
Thin mineral-rich soils associated with relatively recent impacts are represented by light blue colors.
The monochrome band on the right edge shows the unretouched surface of the moon.

sick sculpture busty..

im def feeling that psychedelic mushroom alice in the wonderland one iwish.. good stuff

that game was really bland and boring, as a video game, but the artwork and everything in it was so awesome i played it the whole way through.

ralph steadman has some awesome artwork in the alice book illustrated by him too.

Here are some more images that compliment my mood right now.

Alice.jpg

May-05.jpg

May-04.jpg

May-15.jpg

Now excuse me while I go paint my nails black.

advisory.jpg

...these prints go for a more subtle and artistic direction to illustrate the stealth of censorship. The ads show a seemingly normal, beautiful girl that would fit right in a photo shoot. The trick, however, is that she is silenced with a wrap around her mouth. The censoring wrap have the mouth drawn on them as to give the illusion that all is fine and dandy…

The accompanying message of the prints is, “The censorship never gives up. It always returns disguised.”

just saw this one. clever n' dig the msg

I've been reading recently about a somewhat eccentric English artist famous for his numerous feline renderings. What's so intriguing about his work is the way in which his paintings "evolved" after the onset of schizophrenia in his later years. The links between schizophrenia-induced visual hallucinations and psychedelics has always intrigued and fascinated me, and here we can see a clearcut resemblance in the two types of visual perspectives (directly from the brain onto the canvas of the patient himself). Related reading found here.

Here we can see the direct effects his illness had on his painting, progressing as his mental state deteriorated.

Early works:

Z0727-b.jpg

wain.gif

Later:

louis-wain2.jpg

cat.jpg
wtl038397.jpg

hey im feelin/enjoyin 2c-buoyant presence right now, and hes a piece of art right, we all are (art is in the eye of the beholder right (some are just bad art ;) ))
<3
posted

ninjadanslarbretabar said:
hey im feelin/enjoyin 2c-buoyant presence right now, and hes a piece of art right, we all are (art is in the eye of the beholder right (some are just bad art ;) ))
<3
posted

This is indeed true (and right back at you)! We are both exceptional masterworks of the highest order. =D

Perhaps after I sink into the foul depths of dementia I'll finally be able to render a suitable caricature of the great Ninja.

Expect a postcard in 50 or so years. :):):)

jaeger1.jpg

This is Hans Jaeger by Edvard Munch. Hans Jaeger was a political anarchist who spoke to Edvard often. I really find this portrait quite excellent because emboddies a strong stout figure who is confident and proud on the left side, but the shadowed darkened side shows much more humility, questionableness, doubt and weakness. Also, to positioned right arm of Hans over the couch shows almost a mockery, exuberance and playfullness but maintains such a strong cynical attitude. It's one of my favorites from Edvard Munch, if not my first favorite.

Ron Mueck is a London-based photo-realist artist. Born in Melbourne,Australia, to parents who were toy makers, he labored on children's television shows for 15 years before working in special effects for such films as Labyrinth, a 1986 fantasy epic starring David Bowie. Eventually Mueck concluded that photography pretty much destroys the physical presence of the original object, and so he turned to fine art and sculpture. In the early 1990's, still in his advertising days, Mueck was commissioned to make something highly realistic, and was wondering what material would do the trick. Latex was the usual, but he wanted something harder, more precise. Luckily, he saw a little architectural decor on the wall of a boutique and inquired as to the nice, pink stuff's nature. Fiberglass resin was the answer, and Mueck has made it his bronze and marble ever since.

ronmueck.jpg

ron-mueck-1.jpg

mueck3.jpg

mueck10.jpg

good posts peeps, ron mueck is sick n' good description to go along with the painting edvard.

splash.jpg

this will be my saturday piece of art im feelin.... this guy takes sick ass photos at his house using his friends n' family as models, builds the 'sets' for the photo n' everything, not much is photoshop he says. his work draws on child hood fears like monsters under the bed n' closet type shit.

check out his website http://joshuahoffine.com/splash.html

people like this inspire me because they don't sit around n' wait for shit to come to them, they get off their ass n' get the hustlin to make their vision a reality. we should all do the same.