• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

COMMUNITY PROJECT - Creating an "effects profile" for psychedelics

Xorkoth said:
Have you guys taken the survey? If so, what do you think about it? I've tried to create an exhaustive list of effects that are just general enough to describe a particular type of experience without trying to get into every minute detail of your own personal experience. I'm finding it kind of hard at the moment to fully explain what I mean but if you're familiar with the survey I'd love to know if you think it accomplishes what I intended*, and if you think it might provide a meaningful result/tool, and also if you think you could draw some conclusions about the types of effects experienced by the "average" user if using the tool, and if so, would you consider that valuable in some way to you or at least interesting.

You're going to find this 'advice' very useless, but I was very impressed with the breadth of the types of effects that appear on the survey, however; I also found its length a bit daunting (actually leading me to postpone filling it out). There was also marijuana involved...but I'd imagine that there's marijuana involved with roughly 50 percent of posts on BL. ;)

ebola

I agree that the length is on the high side... I don't really see any way around it though for this type of thing. I'm hoping enough people care enough to take the time to respond for any or preferrably all of their experiences with any and all psychedelics. It does take a good 10 minutes or so to take though.

I'm actually a programmer for a market research company and I work with online surveys all the time, ironically =D

You can't yet. ;) I've got to create the program that shows the results first. The survey is still ongoing (it will actually always be ongoing). Only LSD currently has enough results to draw conclusions from but hopefully as I get some more time I can advertise this enough to bring in a lot more responses. Or, you (anyone reading this) can tell people about it and post about it elsewhere and get people to pay attention to it. :)

People need to be honest, and in my opinion: either coming down from an experience or in the thick of it (if they can handle filling out a questionnaire at the same time). People should devote some unabridged, untainted time to contributing to these studies. Meaning that an individual should prepare him/herself to get a clear head for a minute (more like a day or three) before ingesting the substance in question and attempting to adequately interprets it's effects.

A proper diet is essential to having an effective experience. I would expect that proper dieting is probably THE most essential component to accurately interpreting the effects of a substance.

My only concern is that I don't want to see this be a fruitless endeavor but I also don't want it to turn into some kind of facebook quiz that people only take for "novel" insight.

It should simply be stated that if you're not willing to follow the provisions required to take the quiz appropriately then don't even bother because you'll just be muddying up the water.

All good points. I'm only spreading this to other forums... I'm trying to work with Erowid to get it posted there somewhere, maybe in a banner. I wouldn't want it spreading through Facebook, oh god...

I'm not saying it's impossible really...it's just I believe everyone will have a somewhat different description to what they are feeling and thinking to the point of making it to vague to determine what chemical it was. I always end up in a state where I know what I am feeling...but I can't describe it very accurately to give another person the idea of what it was.
Though, when I'm tripping with other people a lot of things will be very similar between our trips.
The idea seems like it would be extremely difficult to accomplish just because there are so many factors that play into the interpretation of the experience.

although I think it would be quite cool to just have a profile made for each chemical already set out. As in not have every poster that wants to know what he or she was on posting their experience in their words as a result of their environment, mind state, and personality. Or is that was is being proposed?

Idk it seems pretty easy to describe the general idea of what a trip is like, but to describe the specific things that make it really unique as compared to other substances seem a bit harder to get into words for me at least.

I completely agree. While it is possible to feel love, And describe the symptoms of it, "like a warm feeling etc." It is impossible to Tell someone how to love. And many will always explain the different symptoms that are affecting them the most. Hope you guys don't mind me noticing your conversation and having to emphesize a bit. I'm new to this site maybe but not new to life. But then again. I must contradict myself just a bit and say that even though I agree. I also know that the only limits we have in life are the ones we place on ourselves. I hope you can resolve your issue. That survey took forever BTW. Its cool though. I respect what you are doing.

Last edited:
I've filled out this survey for a few different substances but most of my trips involve short periods of nitrous use (ie 2 whippets) therefore disqualifying me for it.

i just filled the survey out for a trip but my ethernet cord fell out before i submitted it, and i didnt notice so when i clicked submit all my responses got deleted and it didnt submit :////