• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin cut with strychnine?

cliffchuff said:
I didn't say the strychnine was in the heroin, I asked the question because I also heard about someone dropping down dead in south london last week while chasing on foil!

Next time explain yourself a little more instead of getting people worked up.

Cliff asked a fair question. People obviously have different ways of asking for things. The idea though is just to answer the question asked. He asked if strychnine is used to cut H and if so could it be the villain responsible for the Brixton deaths.

Yup, to make Heroin No. 3 you mix the heroin with an equal weight of caffeine and add approximately 5 grams per kilo of strychnine.

The strychnine is added because a low dose of it helps to counter some of heroin's side effects. In Opium, this happens naturally with Thebaine. In South East Asian heroin strychnine is added for the same purpose.

Heroin with up to 0.5% strychnine in it is said to be better than heroin without it, and at those levels for a heroin smoker it will certainly be without harm.

Strychnine is a horrible poison *if you overdose on it* but in low concentrations its without harm and a drug like any other.

A more likely cause is the fact that police etc poison "sample drugs" which they show to new cops etc to show what a drug looks like. They simply mix in a poison with the drug. Most often they use Atropine or Strychnine to denature a sample. If someone steals it and sells it.. ouch!

What side effects does strychnine counter?

Seems quite pointless, as anyone who uses heroin for good amount of time develops tolerance to some of the side effects...

Constipation is what I figured, since you never really develop a tolerance to it.

Who ever said dope dealers don't care about their customer's well being? Props to ones that are concerned about our bowel movements! =D 8)

It isn't entirely altruistic. Strychnine also is exceptionally bitter, so that a heroin no. 3 with strychnine in tastes "stronger" than no.3 without.

The addition of strychnine likely is based on this or that Asian patent medicine from the days of old which had it added in to smoothen the side effects profile of say morphine.

Strychnine used to be a very frequently used drug in the times of patent medicines. Its said that half a miligram or so perks you up rather nicely. I'd like to experiment with it, in the right dose its a kind of subtle stimulant well before the cramping starts.

Does it affect the smoke's taste? As #3 is typically smoked...

Interesting, that's similar to quinine. As that was a typical cut and a lot of people became accustomed to its bitter taste denoting good heroin quality. Also, some believe it delivers a stronger rush. But that's a different topic altogether.

Welcome to BL.

Counter side effects? Well, I will just say I have never heard of that. You know though, to be honest, I have never even heard of a junkie that gave a damn about being plugged up, much less a marketer who cared. It is all about perception, like trademarking, to give the illusion of quality.

Damn! Phrozen! You said the same thing, or rather I did as you said it first. good going man!

But you are right about quinine as quinine also came into fashion from the Shanghai pills.

your should get a phd in opiate studies rachamim. Where do you learn all this shit? I thought I'D read all there is on the net about opiates

Jesus christ there are alot of bitches on this forum, this guy is asking a question.

If you have nothing to positive to add to the thread then dont bother replying at all.

Some of the replys i read here on BL really make me think alot of people here are just trying to up their post counts.

^
Well, your post just complained, so it's basically a post count++ as well.

This thread isn't that bad. :\

ive always heard that strychnine cut was used to kill ppl and thats why dope is so dangerous, its cut with all sorts of dangerous stuff! lol....

ive shot a fair amount of dope over the past 4 years and ive never had a cut that was too crazy or outside the scope of what ppl would conisder dangerous. its usually the cheapest bulkiest shit u can get, lactose, mannitol, procaine ect ect ect....

yea the cuts are in no way good for you body, well, neither is dope but that is besides the point. i highly doubt us NE US dope users will ever see a batch cut with strychnine. and if one were to pop up, you know it would be all over the news and media.