• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

GBL Withdrawal

Splatt

Ex-Bluelighter
Okay so I think I may have Metabolic acidosis. I seem to have all the physical signs. Is it possible to use pH papers or something else like that to do a home test as I can do it now without waiting for a doctors appointment and then a blood test, then another doctors appointment. If so I'll just take some of my own blood, how much would I need?

G seems to cancel the feelings for about an hour or 2 max. I look like complete shit and feel like it too, my skin has gone a yellowy/grey colour and there are very dark spots under my eyes.

I have been eating pretty well, but none of my food is being metabolised or digested properly. I can eat a meal, and have to spew it up about 5 hours later totally undigested. I haven't had a shit besides gas and maybe a very minute amount of liquid shit for over a week now. And strong laxatives didn't help it. They just made me fart for like 5 minutes when trying to shit. It feels like there is a very big compacted shit in my colon and it feels like I am not absorbing any nutrients or vitamins, but why does G, alcohol and opiates still get absorbed quickly?

I also have ulcerative colitis but don't really take my medecine for it near as much as I should.

It may be that your UC is acting up- I'd see your GP. Yellow grey is never a good colour for people, and you should probably have your liver and renal function tested. Metabolic acidosis is usually a secondary condition caused by other problems.
The fact that your symptoms are transiently relieved by G suggests to me that you might have a dependence issue on that front too.
All in all, sounds as if you're overdue for a tune-up, Splatt!

Yeah, about 6 months ago my liver and kidney and blood all tested fine, but I guess this is the only way.. Just had a stupid thought at the time I could somehow self diagnose, because I remember my doctor going on about how much the government pays for me to get free blood testing etc.

I want to. I definitely do. But without alcohol I find this near impossible. I have severe insomnia and general anxiety and no doctor wants to give me anti-anxiety meds that actually work.

I've been addicted to benzos for a few months before, I can handle the withdrawal if tapering, but I need benzos to get me off the GABA related drugs. The only shit they want to give me is SSRIs (which actually cause me anxiety and insomnia even worse, and heart and breathing problems) or TCA's or SSNRIs (both give me severe dry mouth and weird skin rashes) and they all have really bad effects on my body and mind. So when I explain this to them they just say its my diet and lifestyle doing it to me. I've changed my dciet and lifestyle over the years but to no avail, even went to see a dietician to improve my general physical and mental health but to no avail.

I really feel like I am extremely ill at the moment, I still haven't had a crap, only gas comes out and the same feeling of a blocked bowel when I tried just then. I am booking an appointment today and hoping I can be seen today if I say it's pretty important. I can't really goto hospital because I will have to explain my whole situation and my family knows the nursing staff well there and word gets around way too easily. It is common practise for the staff to tell even the most mundane stories of whats happened lately at the hospital after a few drinks, let alone stories related to me.

I think if this isn't sorted out very soon I am going to die. I am waiting for the doctors to open and trying about ten different practises to see if I can get in today. My whole body aches and my heart is going very fast like I am on a toxic stimulant and my vision is crazilly fuzzy.

Go to a chemist and get some urinalsis strips. Looks for the PH of you urine, any bilirubin ( metabloite from liver) and specific gravity of urine any thing under 1.0025 would be a worry. Also Blood or really anything. What makes you think acidosis?? i'd think off four other before i would even think of that? i won't say cause it'll worry you more.

If your that worried about about going to hospital, just remember that they are suppose sign confidential papers when they were employed and they can lose there jobs for blabbing.

Remember this is a harm minimisation website. hope you alright Ted

Constant G abuse for the last month. The stuff I've been getting access to is some sort of weird impure GBL. I was addicted the day I bought this batch and have to keep buying it just to feel normal. It is much worse than any other GBL, 14B or GHB i have tried. The comedown effects MAKE you have another dose. I've been doing this 24/7 for a month now, but I've rang the guy up and said don't sell me any more, don't ring me, and I've deleted his number from my phone and cleared my phone logs. I have enough left to last me 2 more days to taper off, but tapering with this stuff just doesn't seem to work. If i have low doses 1.3-2ml it just seems to not last long at all, maybe an hour tops before I get the w/d effects and the unique comedoiwn effectsa of this crap (I normally have 2.5ml starters, then wait half an hour and have a ml more). The stuff seems as potent as GBL should be, but just has different effects and definitely contains impurites, I really should be distilling it or converting it but I don't want to be caught with GHB and chemistry shit. I also have access to no other stuff at this time, unless I want to pay stupid amounts for watered down 1,4B that you need 5ml starters of to feel the effects of around 3 grams of GHB (which is a pretty low dose to me), and I can't afford that. Acidosis is apparently a side effect of GBL addiction.

I got weighed today and my shape hasnt changed or I havent appeared to gain weight in the last 2 weeks, buit I did weigh myself around 2 weeks ago, and guess what, I've got 25kg of shit in me! Got some Movicol to see if I can get it out of me, but it's not down the bottom of my intestines. Probably have to get another colonoscopy too, great fun.

You look after yourself, Splatt- you do a great job here, and Bluelight needs good moderators. PM me if you need to. There's a saying in medicine to effect that a doctor that treats himself has a fool for a patient...

Thanks for the support guys. I want to try and use Phenibut to get off the GABAs. I wish sources were allowed for this type of thing, which is harm reduction, as it doesn't seem to be available in bulk form in Australia, only in a capsule product mixed with a bunch of other things, including a piracetam analogue, GABA and 5-HTP.

hey hey.... glad i found this thread.. I was feelin crap last week and my mate suggested my ph was fukd up.I googled it and also had all symptoms.. almost instsnt releir can be gained by haivd a tea spoon of baking soda in warm water.. four times daily. you will feel better really quik. Cut out cofffe and processed foods and eat bananas like crazy.... Google will help lots! Message me if you want more help.

hey.. gotta post again.... The medical profession wont give you much help
1.. yur a drug user
2... the acidic alkaline body is not well recognised and slightly frowned upon..
Please pm me if you need more advice
google the shit out of realknising your body

I have pmed you x x

Last edited:
I hope you've gone and seen a doctor mate and you get yourself sorted :)

Doctor doesn't want to help me, pretty much ignored the problem. Even though I felt like I was going to die they simply said "your blood pressure and heart rate seems fine" without even touching more than my stomach.... and booked me an appointment for a colonoscopy for my U.C.

Looks like I'll be fixing this myself with alcohol, G and illegal benzos... the anxiety and jitters and the horrible physical and mental problems are way too extreme to ignore.

Any half -reasonable doctor will treat dependence as an issue, if you explain that you are dependant. If yours does'nt want to treat it, go to another one!I know it can be daunting to go to a doc and admit you have a problem, but sometimes it needs to be done, IMHO

Splatt said:
Doctor doesn't want to help me, pretty much ignored the problem. Even though I felt like I was going to die they simply said "your blood pressure and heart rate seems fine" without even touching more than my stomach.... and booked me an appointment for a colonoscopy for my U.C.

Looks like I'll be fixing this myself with alcohol, G and illegal benzos... the anxiety and jitters and the horrible physical and mental problems are way too extreme to ignore.

Self medicating is probably not the best idea in a situation like this Splatt. It would be best to get to the bottom of these issues rather than covering the symptoms with a temporary fix. Although the use of alcohol, G - hopefully not together - and other substances may make you feel better for a short period of time, they could simply be compounding your current problems. This in turn could make it harder to treat in the future.

As bustabraincell has said, It may be an idea to get a second opinion. If you haven't already, I would suggest being totally honest with your doctor so they can make an accurate diagnosis.

Best of luck.

I think with the use of benzos for a few weeks I can taper off. Until I only need a benzo once or twice a week and then totally stop, I will try using 2-4 grams of Phenibut though.

Short term (3-6 month daily) benzo abuse/addiction is _nothing_ compared to G addiction of the same rate. Having done both. I don't mix G together, but after the effects wear off I do have a fair bit of wine (1-2 bottles), this doesn't make me sleep or pass out ever, it's like G comedown plus alcohol keeps me awake and feeling shitty all night. I am only drinking to stop the withdrawals for an hour or two so I'm not on G 24/7. However I don't think ANYONE should do this as it can be very dangerous.

I am going to get a second opinion with full blood tests to see what is going on.

Last edited:
Splatt, what you describe sounds to me like normal GHB/GBL/1,4B addiction. A bit more than a year ago, I got addicted to GHB. It did not matter if it was GHB, GBL, or 1,4B. Its all the same: the point is that I had to dose every 2 hours for a couple of months, or else I would go into indescribable agony.

I'd take my dose, fall asleep, then JOLTED into waking up 2 hours later, all sweaty, shaking, in pain and panic, until I redosed. Repeat for about 2 months.

I have experienced Benzo, Heroin, Amphetamine, and GHB withdrawals. The latter is FAR FAR FAR WORSE than ALL THE OTHER THREE COMBINED.

I do not understand why so many people downplay GHB addiction. In my experience, it is THE most distructive addiction so far.

Splatt my friend, there is a strong argument that GBL does indeed cause acidosis. I *urge* you to not buy anymore G, and taper with what you have. From there, use alcohol and benzos - the worst should be over in three days, but don't expect to fully recover untill much later. I'm sorry to be blunt, but this has proven true to me: expect an additional week of emotional agony after the physical withdrawal is over for each day you continue with the G. Its been like, what, 20 months since I last used? And yet I STILL feel the emotional effects of the G withdrawal.

While I have not tried this, if you do a search on here, you'll find people who say that a high medicinal dose of anticholinergics helps immensely. Try taking two or three diphenhydramines or a scopolamine patch and see how that helps with the withdrawal. It makes sense since there is a theory that GHB has strong cholinergic action.

I also haven't tried this at the time since I didn't have a supply, but I'm willing to bet that small doses of K would help with both the withdrawal pain and the cravings, although keep to small doses and use only with the benzos and diphenhydramine (I don't think using it by itself would be beneficial). K has helped me with the three other withdrawals I had.

I'm so sorry to hear you are in this horrific place. I have been there, and would not wish it for my worst enemy :(.

Thanks for the support. Half of me hates the fact I can never do G again without abusing it, which also means I won't ever do any stimulant, cos i need g for the comedown.... I agree G is the most destructive addiction I have ever experienced.

I made a few calls and I can get some clonazepam and maybe valium. This will help me w/d for a few days.

'Splatt my friend, there is a strong argument that GBL does indeed cause acidosis. I *urge* you to not buy anymore G, and taper with what you have. From there, use alcohol and benzos - the worst should be over in three days, but don't expect to fully recover untill much later. I'm sorry to be blunt, but this has proven true to me: expect an additional week of emotional agony after the physical withdrawal is over for each day you continue with the G. Its been like, what, 20 months since I last used? And yet I STILL feel the emotional effects of the G withdrawal.'

I fully agree with this, (not sure about the acidosis, but I had been for several monthes been getting aching muscles, usually on my right leg and left back) but it does linger, I am so wary of even being near any G cos I reckon it would only take one dose to hook me again. Hang in there mate, I found exersise helped a lot, walking the dog, even though my mind wasn't with it, actually felt that it didn't matter where I was, or what i was doing, but alcohol helped. It will end.

holy shit dude :( more chemicals are not going to help you. no kidding, you need to get to the ER if a regular GP won't help you. what you have described it FAR FROM healthy and shouldnt continue in the manner that it is. depressing your central nervous system - and by extension your metabolism - any more will only make you worse off :( :(