What legal wrangles (if any) has Bluelight been embroiled in?

I'm not sure if this is more of a LD or SUPPORT type of thread, but I'll share what I'm aware of from experience.

There was a bust in AUS several years back in which people were supposedly tied to the site. It appeared that local law enforcement used the public postings to figure out the who, the where, the when, and what drugs. This is a big reason we have a lot of effort put towards members protecting themselves by not revealing personal information.

About 3 yrs ago, there was a large gathering (~60-80 people?) in the US where 16 members were arrested. At the time it was unclear if law enforcement again used site information, or if there was a tip made by an uninvited member, or if they just stumbled upon it by accident. It is my opinion that the site was not used by law enforcement in that occurrence.

More recently, the UK experienced a rash of arrests (or perhaps inquiries) based on rc orders coming in from overseas to members homes. It was unclear if the connection to these members was made by information on this site (unlikely) or by getting information from the rc suppliers (more likely) or by accidental discovery by the shipping company (most likely). Again, the servers were not questioned or information asked for officially by law enforcement, so the site was relatively uninvolved.

Other than those, which targeted members as opposed to the site, we have had relatively little trouble. As noted, our servers are located in more open minded countries and our useful legal information for such efforts is severely limited by design. By that I mean we work hard to protect our members from incriminating themselves, we strongly enforce our 'No Sources' policy to prevent us as being viewed as a 'hook up hub' or a drug dealing network, and we frequently purge data that law enforcement would want in running traces and inquiries making it of no benefit to them so they haven't been interested to this point.

I will also point out that there have been several law enforcement officials who have joined, either to educate themselves or others without necessarily using it to catch criminals. But it is worth reminding everyone that law enforcement *DOES* read this site, so be careful what you say and do. A secondary concern, but more common is when members actually make deals and get ripped off by other members who take money and don't ship the drugs. This is a double reminder - no dealing is allowed on our site (anyone found doing so is immediately banned) and just because someone has seemed like a cool person online does not mean they are any more trustworthy than someone off the street. Always, be smart, be safe, for your sake and everyone else on the site.

ive always wondered about this myself...

ive been on this site since around 2001 and always thought that the cops or whoever was on the site too

now when i go to the new member intro threads, i see some sketchy shit. ppl like hey, this site looks cool. i'm chilling. do you know whats up with some drugs dude lol...maybe im just super paranoid

TheLoveBandit said:
A secondary concern, but more common is when members actually make deals and get ripped off by other members who take money and don't ship the drugs. This is a double reminder - no dealing is allowed on our site (anyone found doing so is immediately banned) and just because someone has seemed like a cool person online does not mean they are any more trustworthy than someone off the street. Always, be smart, be safe, for your sake and everyone else on the site.
Quoted for emphasis! I hear of this happening all the time... and I only speak to a few BLers at that.

Also, I knew someone who tried the BLer to BLer transactions for awhile (which I had no part of), and just let me say that it is very risky. The one person I knew attempting to do this was up to his neck in legal troubles after only a few trades... Just don't do it people, the risks clearly outweigh the potential benefits.

PS: If you lookers poke around around the internet long enough, you could perhaps find sites that will ship you just about whatever it is you need. Just research the topic a bit.

TheLoveBandit said:
More recently, the UK experienced a rash of arrests (or perhaps inquiries) based on rc orders coming in from overseas to members homes. It was unclear if the connection to these members was made by information on this site (unlikely) or by getting information from the rc suppliers (more likely) or by accidental discovery by the shipping company (most likely). Again, the servers were not questioned or information asked for officially by law enforcement, so the site was relatively uninvolved.

To clear this up what actually happened was the DEA raided RC sites based in the US, they then contacted British LE and handed over the purchase records. People were getting busted for ordering RC legal in the US at the time but illegal in Britain I believe.

God, are you fucking retarded trudatman :\

garuda said:
....DEA raided RC sites based in the US, they then contacted British LE....

=

garuda's translator said:
The (American) Drug Enforcement Agency raided research chemical sites based in the United States (of America), then they contacted British (a place across the Atlantic) law enforcement...

*Bump* I'd like to save this for historical purposes.

You can say whatever you want on this website just don't forget that if the police were to know your identity and saw certain things you say, they won't be able to use that as evidence but it would make them watch you more closely and if your entangled in the wrong side of the law while being watched don't be suprised when they come knocking at your door. That's specifically the reason why I made an account after I stopped being involved in drugs despite being a reader for years because now I can say whatever I want. I'm no longer comiting "crimes" in the eyes of the pitiful legal system