Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy DOB Thread

Smyth

Bluelighter
DOX Safety Discussion Thread

I have tried it twice in two different doses. On a low dose there were no hallucinations and it was quite pleasant and mellowing. On a moderate dose the potency of this drug became apparent. It has a sort of decentralized chemical feel and found this uncomfortable, but at the same time was impressed. The nature of the hallucinations are very akin to acid. By this I mean it was all about the moving patterns; I did not witness bright pastel colors that others had reported. Be careful since if you take too much I think DOB won't take mercy on you and will see to it that you are punished. This sounds harsh, so to stop this from happening just remember to be extra careful with how you dose. If you are out by half a milligram this will alter the intensity of the trip. I am talking more about extreme OD's such as the guy who did not know what he was doing when he saw his friends stash of white powder. I can imagine that once you approach the 2.7mg stage you will start 'tripping like fantastic'.

You can read my TR here if anyone is interested: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=202940&r=1

In my opinion DOB is an "anything you can do I can do better" sort of drug. I would like to find out how 2CB compares to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have tried DOB in blotter form many years ago. It was visual, for me and others there was no noticeable body load (no nausea, no teeth grinding that I recall), but it was a long trip-- about 16-18 hours. I saw a lot of arabesques and patterns but at the same time able to be out and about without feeling nervous. It mixed well with LSD also.

People, Synto said it's DOB. Can we just leave it at that? He's not trying to indentify his drug. 8)

Its like a very long 2C-B trip with very "marked" amphetamine effects.
My husband found it to be not as visual as 2cb or something like acid. Mild-to-moderate visuals. He also didn't experience strong amphetamine/stimulant effects -- although this could be due to his past meth abuse. Our friend yaesutom who did the same DOB experienced these stimulating effects. Overall my husband found DOB to be quite euphoric, especially in the beginning. He knocked himself out at about 12 hours, but it had mostly died down by then. He did 2.5 mg.

I haven't tried it myself as I strongly disliked 2cb (nasty effects) and I now fear brominated PEAs.

I did approx 3mg DOB along with some 2c-e a few months back.....

It was one of the most intense and visual and interesting trips I've had in years. I think the psychedelic amphetamines have a lot of character. Though they can be more dangerous than the 2C's, I think that they are due for a come-back.

Music on this stuff is absolutely amazing, kinda like music on LSD.... deep and synaesthetic.

My trip lasted 36 hours. At about T+28 we got the first snow of 2005, massive great white floaty snowflakes and I had to go outside and experience it. Wow.

I also became utterly convinced that I could control the visuals on my Winamp plug-ins, which by that point were escaping the confines of the screen and dripping off the table, so I probably was influencing them to some degree ;)

The Big and Dandy DOB Thread (New!)

??? Iv searched

Evidently it doesn't exist yet....

A lot of the reports I read say DOB is a very dirty drug. I'm still debating on when and if I should use it. Just to put it "on the list". I've got 100mg, but it's for collection purposes.

^^^^ Funny thing is, amidst the reports of the heavy body load are some of transcendental experiences.

Strange how these things affect us all so differently.

tobala said:
^^^^ Funny thing is, amidst the reports of the heavy body load are some of transcendental experiences.

Strange how these things affect us all so differently.
Iv never got any bad body load, infact DOB is actualy up there with LSD to me (prob wouldnt be if I had to get it from unreliable sorces) but its quite easily obtained and quite the abng for the buck. Also quite a few people have realy realy realy enjoyed it. as long as its presented as DOB and warning is given about teh correct dosage (assuming its blotters) then it can be used IMO quite safely. It is a long lasting fucker though, alot longer then DOI/DOC Iv yet to try DOM to compair. I think it feels liek a more potent (experience wise) version of 2c-b with more stimulation (kinda like "speedy" acid, where your amped up and kinda tweaking). Iv only done it 8 times though, its not something you wnat to do to much, as you loose alot of rest tripping (fully emersed) for 12 hours.

Ive been wanting to try this one.I was suppose to but some fucked up shit happened and i never got to.I heard its not that great anyway but i still wanted to try it.

wirreddreams said:
Ive been wanting to try this one.I was suppose to but some fucked up shit happened and i never got to.I heard its not that great anyway but i still wanted to try it.
I like it just as equaly as DOC but for different reasons. those who have tried it on here seem to all have found enjoyment out of it (besides nuke who took 8mgs!)

Youkai said:
Iv never got any bad body load, infact DOB is actualy up there with LSD to me (prob wouldnt be if I had to get it from unreliable sorces) but its quite easily obtained and quite the abng for the buck. Also quite a few people have realy realy realy enjoyed it. as long as its presented as DOB and warning is given about teh correct dosage (assuming its blotters) then it can be used IMO quite safely.

I agree. Most of the times I've taken DOB, I've known what it was. However, there were some occasions where I took blotter that I thought was acid, but actually turned out to be DOB. It was only on one of those occasions, when I took 6 hits of the blotter that was probably around 1 mg/hit, that I freaked out and also had bad body load.

Youkai said:
It is a long lasting fucker though, alot longer then DOI/DOC

While DOB is longer lasting than DOC, I haven't experienced much difference in the duration of DOB and DOI. In fact, I think the vast majority of people could not distinguish between DOB and DOI if you gave it to them blind.

Youkai said:
I think it feels liek a more potent (experience wise) version of 2c-b with more stimulation (kinda like "speedy" acid, where your amped up and kinda tweaking)

Agreed. I think DOB gets a bad rap because it is so commonly sold as LSD these days and many people have taken too much because they thought it was acid. If a person takes an appropriate amount of clean, pure DOB, and they know what to expect, then they usually have a good time. However, some do not like the degree of stimulation even if they are prepared for it.

Youkai said:
I like it just as equaly as DOC but for different reasons. those who have tried it on here seem to all have found enjoyment out of it (besides nuke who took 8mgs!)
I really like doc

5-HT2 said:
I agree. Most of the times I've taken DOB, I've known what it was. However, there were some occasions where I took blotter that I thought was acid, but actually turned out to be DOB. It was only on one of those occasions, when I took 6 hits of the blotter that was probably around 1 mg/hit, that I freaked out and also had bad body load.

While DOB is longer lasting than DOC, I haven't experienced much difference in the duration of DOB and DOI. In fact, I think the vast majority of people could not distinguish between DOB and DOI if you gave it to them blind.

Agreed. I think DOB gets a bad rap because it is so commonly sold as LSD these days and many people have taken too much because they thought it was acid. If a person takes an appropriate amount of clean, pure DOB, and they know what to expect, then they usually have a good time. However, some do not like the degree of stimulation even if they are prepared for it.

meh, the thing about DOI/DOB isnt true IME, thats like saying 2c-i and 2c-b could be passed off as the same, funny how 2c-i is to DOI as 2c-b is to DOB and each one corrilates IME as the amped version of the other (with DOI being slightly less amped then 2c-i in comparison to 2c-b>DOB). Now Im not saying DOB isnt stimulating, because it is, that blown out the back of your type psychedelic stimulation. but its not as bad as DOI IME. DOI will have me up for HOURS complete back to abse line, DOB I pass out when the trip is over. Infact I find 2c-i to be mroe stimulating at 30mgs then I have found DOB at 1.5 But I dont take 2c-i anymore, it still fels toxic to me.

and my experience with DOB is with blotters and crystal in liquid solution. all have been from very repituable chemical sorces.

DOB-after previous night intake of 1200mg Piracetam, 3mg DOB.

Full, out of body, psychedelic experience. Probably the deepest I have gone, deeper than large (125mg+) doses of IM K, and completely ignorant of reality for a long time (hours). It is quintessentially psychedelic, meaning it has everything any other psychedelic has, but nothing magic like LSD.

Then, it lasts far too long. I was feeling the amphetamine push until almost 30 hours later. Don't like benzos so I was stuck up there, feeling faded as hell but still amped up. This followed taking the chemistry GRE so I was already quite fried.

Another time, I took it ~ bedtime and stayed up listening to music and half-dreaming all night, until I got up before dawn to go skiing, which was awesome. Good energy all day and was able to sleep that night.

It is readily available to me at no cost, yet I doubt I will ever touch it again. Who has 18 hours to be tripping, then 12 more to be jacked?

^^^^ Ran into 50mg powder, so these reports interest me. I suppose this quantity will be adequate for a good look at what ole' Robert has to offer...

I've had DOB on several occaisions. I think it's a vastly inferior chemical to LSD (I haven't tried any of the other DO*s). If I had to sum it up, I would say "not much fun, and sometimes downright unpleasant".

In about 1980, Melbourne was the DOB capital of the world, but it earned a bad reputation, and none of my crowd would touch it after a while.

^^^^ Interesting. Not really looking to compare it to LSD really, I've got a bunch of that anyway. Just want to see how it stands up on its own merits. Some reports really make it sound like it could be a good chemical.

Thanks for the perspective.