• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy MiPT Thread

^smoking it (5 maeo mipt) produces much greater effects than oral.
Very psychedelic if u will.

Then again i found oral to be pretty psychedelic as well (and visual) but my doses were higher than the ones you mentioned.
12mg at least for a fully immersing psychedelic experience.

BTW i dont recomend others take high doses of psychedelics, this is just what i found to work for me with this particular drug.

Youkai said:
I only used it handful of times and honestly I have no want to do it again, its kinda bland, I never smoked it though and Id imagine it would be enjoyable as a recreational experience used with opiates or mdxx, this is assuming it ahs similer effects but for a faster shorter experience.

in other words, I got fucked up every time I did it. not enlightened. ;)

See my post in the B&D 5-MeO-MiPT thread if you're curious... I've found you have to learn how to work with its effects, and then even a pretty small oral dose provides a great psychedelic tool.

Anybody ever try this one via IM injection? Sounds like a dud when taken orally.

MiPT sounded sort of bland to me at first, and overall it might be. I have had many trials with this compound a few years ago, anywhere from 10 mg insuflated to more than 60 mg (partially oral, partially up insufflated.) I can say that with 30+ mg orally, I did indeed have visual effects. Face patterns everywhere, especially on the backs of people's heads. Also, close-eyed visuals that went to the music seemed common.

With 5-MeO-MiPT, I know that TiHKAL suggests something like 3-7 mg. From my many numerous experiments, and various experiments with lab partners I am close to, this is a sub-dosage level. Most people I have met prefer to start with at least 10, and work up from there. 20 mg was not at all uncommon for 'trippin hard'. Some people ventured up to 40 or 50 mg.

One set up unusually stupid people took somewhere around 85 mg each (this was stolen). Long story short on that dosage.. one ended up in a psych ward after declaring himself Jesus and trying to break into houses while completely naked. The other spent several months in jail for violating parole in very obscene ways in a tourist town. When they returned to the streets, they said they liked it.

Work your way up to 20 or 25 mg of 5-meo-mipt, slowly and carefully, and you will find it is incredibly psychedelic.

85mg of MiPT or 5-MeO-MiPT? That's not clear from your message.

Dondonte....I have correspondence with a fellow who smoked MiPT...and said the nature was unchanged (unlike with 5-MeO-MiPT) so I wouldn't count on IM administration changing MiPT very much other than onset, duration, etc. This one is what it is....not much.

It has many positives...it was very easy on the body and had no side-effects at all. No comedown either. There is just nothing particularly exciting about it. Maybe it is a good psychedelic for trying in situations where psychedelic users would normally not be welcome since nothing would give away that one is tripping?

fks said:
MiPT sounded sort of bland to me at first, and overall it might be. I have had many trials with this compound a few years ago, anywhere from 10 mg insuflated to more than 60 mg (partially oral, partially up insufflated.) I can say that with 30+ mg orally, I did indeed have visual effects. Face patterns everywhere, especially on the backs of people's heads. Also, close-eyed visuals that went to the music seemed common.

With 5-MeO-MiPT, I know that TiHKAL suggests something like 3-7 mg. From my many numerous experiments, and various experiments with lab partners I am close to, this is a sub-dosage level. Most people I have met prefer to start with at least 10, and work up from there. 20 mg was not at all uncommon for 'trippin hard'. Some people ventured up to 40 or 50 mg.

One set up unusually stupid people took somewhere around 85 mg each (this was stolen). Long story short on that dosage.. one ended up in a psych ward after declaring himself Jesus and trying to break into houses while completely naked. The other spent several months in jail for violating parole in very obscene ways in a tourist town. When they returned to the streets, they said they liked it.

Work your way up to 20 or 25 mg of 5-meo-mipt, slowly and carefully, and you will find it is incredibly psychedelic.

Oh sorry, the 85 mg was in reference to 5-meo-mipt. I would never suggest taking this amount of this compound! I have to also include that this was broken into 10 mg units, and 17 were taken between two people. So I cannot actually say it was 85 mg, just 170 split in two. When asked an hour after ingestion, one fellow said, "I took 8!" Within the next hour he was in jail.

85 mg of MiPT on the other hand, while I would not suggest it, I doubt it would have nearly as profound of effects. Although, while most people do not note visual activity with MiPT, even at 30-40 mg oral I had noted various unusual things. Distorted faces and gradient facial patterns on the backs of heads would not end.

I was able to try 4-AcO-Mipt last night and found it fairly pleasant,
although visuals were somewhat lacking from what i'd expect out of something so akin to psilocybin

tried 20 mg: had a nice, and very mild psychedlic state. Noticable music enhancement, slight mood elevation, mentally very clear. It was not totally visually inactive: I would compare it to a slightly above treshhold dose of something like 2C-I, visually. I have the feeling that this would be very interesting, either in combination with something else at the same dose, or at a higher dose. I will try to find out in the future ;)

How do you compare it to DPT?

thanks for the report btw! cool that you're getting to try some of the more obscure ones! :D

Gaian Planes said:
How do you compare it to DPT?

thanks for the report btw! cool that you're getting to try some of the more obscure ones! :D
DPT I have tried insufflated at 25 mg. To me, MiPT and DPT were almost like opposites. DPT gave me an enormously intense rush and also a lot of fear. Both were not really visual for me, and the music enhancement for MiPT was more significant, even at this less intense dose. I have tried DPT only once though.

How did your body feel on MiPT? Was it very stimulating at that dose, laid back, etc? Any noticeable after effects? I'm trying to decide where to rank this on my list of chemicals to collect.

MGS has said that it feels very transparent, I was just wondering if you agree.

cegli said:
How did your body feel on MiPT? Was it very stimulating at that dose, laid back, etc? Any noticeable after effects? I'm trying to decide where to rank this on my list of chemicals to collect.

MGS has said that it feels very transparent, I was just wondering if you agree.
To me, it felt very clean(=transparent?). I usually experience physical side-effects on most psychedelics, such as muscle cramps. This was not the case for MiPT. There was also no "bodyload". Also, the come up was a little under an hour and I was back to baseline at about 4-5 hours. And it did not dissolve in water, not even a little bit (even though it was sold as a salt(I think the HCl))

A week or 2 ago, I ingested another dose of MiPT, this time 30 mg. Effects were nearly identical, except that the body component was more pronounced. No real intensification of mental effects was noticed. Only after about 4-5 hours (at 20 mg, I would be near baseline now) I had the chance to listen to some good music on my own, and to my surprise, music was still greatly enhanced. I spent about 2 hours listening to music, after this, sleep proceeded without difficulty.

my lab has been evaluating 5-meo-mipt at low doses ( 7-9 mg ) for the past few weeks.
results:
a) nice mild body stone - some stimulation, very little, if any negative body load
b) pleasant mental state
c) visual enhancement -walking my dog thru the woods during a light snowfall was very nice
d) musical enhancement was a +

test subject is a musician, singer/composer and found this compound very useful for working through writers block - makes me want to sing

surprisingly hungry - munched a lot and enjoyed food while dosing

seems to be a nice, safe ,mild substance at low doses - which I prefer- personally not looking to 'trip balls' or get 'way out there' - had enough of that in my younger years ( late 60's early 70's )

one of my favs

will increase dosage at next trial to 12-15mg

b

Last edited:
MIPT - Any experiences?

I have used the search engine and cannot find any posts about the chemical MIPT [TIHKAL] [Erowid].

I have used MIPT in the past. The person I got it from said that each capsule was MIPT, 25mg. He has been reliable in the past, though of course it's possible that he was wrong or lying.

IME, it was very fun, and showed the property of many tryptamines that it's perfectly possible to take a very high dose and have a good time (I've heard of people doing this with 4-AcO-DMT, for example, while this would be suicide with most phenethylamines). I took 50mg and went to a show, and felt no discomfort. This experience also contradicted the statement in TIHKAL that MIPT is not visual. Even one capsule, 25mg, was quite visual for me.

MIPT is also great in combination with other drugs. I did MDMA + MIPT + (later) Ketamine and that was a fantastic experience.

Would MAOI + MIPT work in much the same fashion that MAOI + DMT/4-HO-DMT/other tryptamines work? I would like to try this but I'm curious if anyone has experience with it or knows about it.

Does anyone else have experience with this compound, or any info to share?

the reason MAOI+DMT works is because plain oral DMT is deactivated quickly by MAO. since plain oral MIPT works orally, this points to MAO being unable to break down MIPT. so perhaps MAOI+MIPT won't feel any different from MIPT alone. Or maybe it will be completely different. Maybe it depends on which MAOI you choose (moclobemide or harmala).

then again, psilocin is available orally, pointing to its resistance to MAO. but harmala+psilocin is one HELL of a trip.

try it and let us know, just be sure to start low with the MIPT