• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy 2C-T Thread

Whats the mass of the major peak? If its a colourless crystalline solid its pretty much got to be another phen.

Ok, Im obviously too naive! Assumed it was probably a product of an improperly conducted synth, not some deliberate cut to increase profit! That really sucks if it is TFMPP, cant think of an easy way of getting rid of it.

Hugo, dunno if you have chemdraw? The NMR predictor is usually pretty good (at chemical shifts especially), heres what 2CT and TFMPP should look like, and an overlay of the two.

2CT.gif

TFMPP.gif

2CT and TFMPP.gif

Ran a simulation on the brain in a vat with this one some time ago. Didn't bother to reset the programme after a 2C-B simulation a week or so previously, but the readouts didn't suggest any tolerance issues. Here are some excepts from the raw logs:

+00:00: 105mg down the hatch. It has a very strange sickly sweet and sour taste that I can't quite pinpoint - I had to stop myself taking more and more to try and work it out.
+01:00: Can definitely feel it now - gonna roll a joint, get a beer and enjoy the sun.
+01:30: Clouds move incredibly slowly and nature is resplendent.
+03:45: Almost down now.
+06:00: It had quite a drawn-out and lethargic come down with little euphoria. My throat is sore now too and I'm shivering despite the warm weather.

Thanks guys for the help!

Another hint from the MS,theres no -17 peak (-NH3),all phens show this!We can pretty much bury the idea that its a phen,there are def. no methoxis.

Basically the reason for the hard to interpret NMR is that there are a bit too much acidic/broad protons,particularly at around 3ppm which clogs all informations as there is the other part of the protons.Even at 12.3ppm theres a proton (like a carbonic acid!).

But the suggestion of TFMPP needs a deeper consideration here,it would explain the broad peaks here and there,who knows how many hydrochlorides are there with how much of water.The aromats would be more shifted to the left (as they are!) due to the TF3 group.

Not having the best experience with the NMR predictor (or is this an improved one dorothy?),all I have to do is remove a lot of dust and spiderwebs from an old TFMPP sample and compare it.

TFMPP can be quite good if none conditions you in believing all pips are crap ;)

Its from Chemdraw 11, the shifts are usually pretty much spot on, though some times the coupling patterns are oversimplified (it doesnt seem to realise when protons are diastereotopic). For these compounds it should be very close except in 2CT the two methoxys are different and i wouldnt trust the position of the NH's.

If it is a mixture of these two compounds your NMR should look very similar to the overlayed one i posted, in the aromatics at least if you cant see the rest very well.

Its clearly TFMPP!I'm judging this by an almost similar NMR (part. the aromats and the ethylen's) and even though I can't spot which salt it is,it explains the few shifts of the acidic protons which is clouding some information.

The other peak in the HPLC could in fact be the salty part.But its not a fumarat.But frankly my interest is vanishing here to spot that part in detail...

So is it pure TFMPP or adulterated TFMPP? In any case, if it is TFMPP then I have to say it seems I like TFMPP ...

Another sad day in the world of RC's.
Piperazines being passed off as PEA's.
Madness
MADNESS I TELL YOU!!!

seriously though, this is pretty shitty. makes me wonder how many times iv ingested a compound thinking it was something else entirely (almost like the 2ctfm incident of a couple years ago).

Anyway thanks to those of you who brought this to light.

/\ I share your feelings there totally! Most chems seem ok, but again and again there's batches of things hat, well, aren't what they're supposed to be. And the more this happens the more I think I'm gonna stop going for everything 'new' like I used to. Dammit!

Has anybody gotten any new information on 2C-T? A vendor should be stocking it soon.

Has anybody gotten any new information on 2C-T? A vendor should be stocking it soon.

Hahaha we may have the same vendor, I was literally on to search for the thread after seeing that he would be stocking soon and found this magically on the front page.

So is this chem much less psychedelic than other 2c chems? It's what Wikipedia had me believe, and that it was mostly enactogenic

Well no one has taken it outside the notes in PIHKAL. It's never been on market and if a small private batch was made in the past 35 years or so...it was kept very much under wraps. I suspect it is just as psychedelic as the other 2CTs....certainly the 'entactogenic' aspect said to be in 2C-T is also in 2C-T-7, and to a lesser extent, in 2C-T-2. More than anything, 2C-T just seems less potent. If shulgin says 60mg to 100mg... (leaving 2C-E out of this equation) then its quite probably the 'real' psychedelic stuff doesn't manifest till 100mg-150mg. He tends to low ball everything except 2C-E.

Well judging by the fact that I took 16mg and got just barely a +2 for a few minutes as it peaked, and will be bumping to 20 or perhaps even as high as 24mg.. I'd say he was spot on with 2c-e and its likely you have one of those strange unaccountable strong reactions to it. He also does give a very wide range for the level of dosage, 10-25mg.. a pretty wide window

Anyway, yeah its funny when you see threads like these pop up, you know somewhere out there its about to pop up

But this knowledge has been around the for a month now, why are you guys so slow ;)

Ehhh maybe. Knowing there is bad DPT and MET and other things going around it is just as likely yours is not as pure as mine. (not dicksizing, making a very valid point).

I've shared 2C-E with a lot of people and NO ONE has ever felt less than fully +++ balls to wall tripping face from it at 16mg-18mg. I even shared 12mg with a very hard head who was QUITE used to LSD...and sure enough +++.

Shulgin does list up to 24mg but the funny thing is, there is not a single report in PIHKAL or his lab notes that show him or anyone taking more than 20mg. And all of his suggested dosages are wide like that.

Yes thats true as well and it did cross my mind. I made my judgement for 16mg based on posts like yours in the 2c-e threads, but sadly wasnt blown away at that range. I see a lot of variation in the dose, people like you saying 12mg blows you away and a lot of others up in the low to mid 20s saying they need that much

I get the impression that Shulgin and his research group never really pushed the limits very often, and when they did it was by accident and virtue of one of those strange extra strong reactions to a substance. Purity definitely comes into play, but there are reports on erowid of people taking upwards of 40mg.. hard to believe they got something only 50% pure.

I was going to moderate this thread but the current discussion might actually result in a helpful way to look at expected dosage. Then again I want to remind everyone that titration is always still the way to go with relatively unknown compounds, even if we have a number to gradually aim for. A number which might very well be the PIHKAL dosage reported. I doubt it will matter that much if titration is done properly. Unfortunately the reality is that people are often impatient, cutting corners.

I was going to moderate this thread but the current discussion might actually result in a helpful way to look at expected dosage. Then again I want to remind everyone that titration is always still the way to go with relatively unknown compounds, even if we have a number to gradually aim for. A number which might very well be the PIHKAL dosage reported. I doubt it will matter that much if titration is done properly. Unfortunately the reality is that people are often impatient, cutting corners.

Well ultimately Shlulgin kept 1 day between titrations as he was learning a new substance.. we're reminded here to keep a week or so between doses, and in reality Id wager a lot of us can't be dosing more often than that at best due to work and other obligations. So yeah, I guess some of us are impatient in that we don't want to spend a month or two slowly working up to a real trip.

12mg wasn't too 'hard' but using the definitions of ++ and +++ as defined by Shulgin...even at 12mg it was a +++. 16mg was the most I could handle and still walk around in public. On 18mg and 20mg, I was stationary for the entire evening.

Oh, and I don't know about his research group but if you read the Lab Notes Shulgin DEFINITELY pushed things. That fucker tripped more than most of us, weekly. He had an 'abuse' week that included psychedelics, freebase cocaine, pot and all kinds of stuff. Yeah Shulgin is a crazier motherfucker than I am.

Also for what it is worth, in 2004 or so there was a batch of 'fluffy 2C-E' and I never did find out what it was....it seemed like it had some 2C-E in there but it was not at all the same as the 'reference batch' of 2C-E I work with. Never did find out what the purity was but it probably was close to only 50% based on my go with it.

* actually I prolly do have access to a sample. Anyone want to analyze it? I know some of you BLers must remember cause I know some of you got this too!

Yes thats true as well and it did cross my mind. I made my judgement for 16mg based on posts like yours in the 2c-e threads, but sadly wasnt blown away at that range. I see a lot of variation in the dose, people like you saying 12mg blows you away and a lot of others up in the low to mid 20s saying they need that much

I get the impression that Shulgin and his research group never really pushed the limits very often, and when they did it was by accident and virtue of one of those strange extra strong reactions to a substance. Purity definitely comes into play, but there are reports on erowid of people taking upwards of 40mg.. hard to believe they got something only 50% pure.

Last edited:
I have one experience with genuine 2C-T (confirmed by NMR spectroscopy).
Dosage was 100mg.. effects were very similiar to 2C-B.. slight nausea..
this took place quite a few years ago so I can't tell you more about the effects..
So far I haven't tried any other thio-analogs except for 25T7-NBOMe so I can't compare it..
But I still have a few doses of 2C-T.. I am currently in rehab for my opioid addiction
but when I am out again I think I will try it again and can hopefully give you some more information ;)
Happy tripping and much love to everybody fighting addiction :)