Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy bk-MDMA (Methylone) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xorkoth

Administrator
Staff member
Link to previous, full, archived Methylone thread​

Alright everyone, the old B&D Methylone thread had exceeded its limit of 500 posts a while ago, so I finally split it off and archived it. You can find a link to it in the best of PD page, next to the B&D Methylone thread link.

Last edited:
I've got a question. Everytime I use Methylone(which is probably every few months) it seems to control me, so-to-speak. No matter how hard I try I end up redosing until it's pointless and just plain stupid:X . I've never been addicted to anything, not even cigarettes, so this is extremely out of the ordinary for me.
My question is this: is there a way to get rid of the craving that I get on the comedown by maybe taking a small dose of another psychedelic(miprocin maybe?), or would something like xanax be more appropriate? I would just start experimenting on my own, but I wan't to know if there are any already known safe methods of getting rid of that annoying feeling to redose like a freakin junkie. Thanks in advance guys.

I've heard anecdotal reports that taking a psychedelic like 2C-B after the peak can work pretty well, or even taking it with the methylone. I've also heard that taking AMT orally and then some methylone will allow the come-up of AMT to be large unnoticed, and when the methylone comes down, the AMT will be coming into full swing.

As for methylone controlling you, it really does pretty much the same thing to me. I can logically realize how ineffective redosing will be, but it gives me a slight boost, and the craving is so strong that I just do it, usually several times, and I always wish I hadn't the next day because it would have been much more effective to save it for another time.

Question- do ssri meds block methylone effects?

Methylone is a wonderful entheogen. I rate it in my top five of all-time. Methylone took some learning to work with....moreso than any other material I tried.

My first experience with methylone was at a "rave" and I bearly noted any effects. Mildly, dreamy state with some CEVs in the begining. No empatheogenic effects, no entheogenic effects. I thought it was a waste.

My second experience is outlined here....

DOSE : 166 mg oral Methylone (capsule)

BODY WEIGHT : 145 lb

My first experience with methylone did not leave me very impressed. It wasn’t exactly entheogenic, certainly less so than MDMA, but there was a slightly introspective quality to it. I also had some minor CEVs, but that was about it. I found methylone more relaxing in many ways than stimulating. It basically put me into a mild trance-like state with eyes shut. When I opened my eyes I didn’t really notice much but a subtle body buzz. Unlike other reports I have read, I never experienced any particular 'rushes' this substance.

This is the second time I am taking methylone without mixing it with other substances. My other experiences involved mixing it with other psychedelics…once at the tail end of an LSD trip and once with 2C-I. The experience with LSD was very pleasant and the one with 2C-I was not.

10:52 PM

I ingest exactly 166 mg of methylone hcl in a capsule on a mostly empty stomach.

11:12 PM

I defiantly have an alert.

11:18 PM

Very clear euphoria. It is not like the opiate euphoria, and it is not like MDMA euphoria.

11:22 PM

Taking a phone call.

11:43 PM

Wow, a lot more MDMA-like now, but not anywhere near as profound.

11:45 PM

For some reason, now it feels like a cross between an opiate and MDMA.

12:22 AM

For about 20 minutes it was very MDMA-like, now it seems like an energetic opiate. I have pseudo-empathetic effects (it feels good to talk to people on IRC and I can really get into the conversations) but nothing that I would particularly would call entheogenic.

12:23 AM

I sure did like this better when I took it after an acid peak. There are no bad effects at all to speak of, but not to many real interesting effects either.

12:27 AM

Heh, I like the nystygmus this methylone is producing.

12:38 AM

It keeps going back and forth between feeling opiate-like and MDMA-like, but without the psychedelic part of MDMA.

12:52 AM

I think more than anything it feels like MDMA but without the real MDMA mental effects. Mentally, I still feel like I am just high on a warm fuzzy (opiate), well sort of.

1:16 AM

My mind is racing now. It is amazing, but this time the methylone is much more stimulating than the last time. I anticipate that I will have problems sleeping.

1:44 AM

I’m not peaking anymore but haven’t started to go down. Actually as I typed that it the methylone seemed to release itself a bit.

2:27 AM

Largely down, but I still feel some stimulation and 'softness' in the body. I believe some chamomile tea and marijuana is called for.

Summary

It's hard for me to consider methylone to be much more of anything than a novelty. I sure can’t see it as an entheogen with any real value in psychotherapy or for self-exploration. It seems more suited as a social lubricant, or for entertainment, but that’s about it. I was most surprised at the lack (for me) of any real empathetic effects. At one point I took a phone call from someone close to me experiencing a personal crisis. To my surprise I found the phone call more of an annoyance than anything, and I was not very motivated to help them or give them any advice. This is most unusual for me because helping people to feel better is not only my career (I am a social science major) but I love and care for this individual and want nothing more than for them to feel good. I don’t know, it seems methylone can recreate some MDMA-like effects but in general falls way short of being anything that is real interesting.

Perhaps I will try it again while camping in the mountians. Maybe in a more pristine setting, methylone can be a more magical substance (I took it alone at home). On the plus side, other than some residual stimulation and minor nausea there were absolutely no negative side effects.

Another time, I mixed it with LSD, and found it 'stoning' and not significant from an entheogenic standpoint.

It was not until my fourth experience that I saw what methylone was all about.

DOSE : 190 mg oral Methylone

BODY WEIGHT : 155 lb

June 2002

It was the first night of camping in our month long tour of the American Southwest. My partner and I were staying at the Homolovi Ruins, a sacred place to the Hopi located just outside of Winslow, Arizona. This was also my first time camping in the desert, and I was simply in awe of my surroundings and so excited to finally be on vacation. It was just a very beautiful night to be alive, and an even more beautiful night for an entheogenic experience. We brought along quite a number of different materials, but elected for something that wouldn’t be too intense as we had a lot of driving to do the next day. I figured methylone would be a good choice.

My previous exposures to methylone, as my last report illustrated, had actually left me rather unimpressed with the substance. I pretty much had considered methylone to be a recreational drug, with little entheogenic potential. My partner asked me what the substance was like, and I remember remarking to her that, “It is kind of like MDMA, but without the magic.” She then said, “Well what is the point then?” To which I replied, “Not much, but let’s just see what happens.” With that we each swallowed a capsule containing 190 mg of the tanish, maple syrup-smelling substance, expecting nothing more than a night of fun really. That is, we didn’t expect to discover any new profound insights, but rather thought the body warmth and pleasurable somatic sensations would make for a nice evening together in our tent. We were both in for quite a nice surprise.

Within only 15 minutes or so, I noticed the first alert. Soon after I started getting strong nystagmus, and even some mild visual effects. When my eyes would flutter about back and forth, I would notice mild trailing on non-moving objects. Everything I gazed upon had a ‘sheen’ to it. Things were shiny. I also experienced an incredible warm glow in my body and a strong sense of well being. Soon after, I began to have these amazing dream-like sequences where I could revisit past events of the day and re-experience them with extraordinary clarity. It reminded me of the ‘brain movies’ I have read MMDA can produce. The full effects of methylone were, as MDA and MDMA are when I take them, very powerful and basically left me ‘floored’.

My partner, who is a bit of a hardhead to entheogens, didn’t notice any effects for almost an hour and then it hit her all at once. For her, methylone allowed her to examine herself piece by piece, and express each introspective thought to me as she worked them out for herself. Under the methylone, she opened herself up to me again, sharing who she now was as an adult. She talked about her recent inquiries into spirituality, where she was heading with her studies and research of the mind, and how it all tied together. It was very emotional for her; she told me that she finally felt as though I was getting to know her as an adult. We got very philosophical and metaphysical that night, and the methylone really brought out all aspects of her personality into the open. The substance forced her to examine herself, all aspects of who she was, the good and bad. Each time she discovered a pattern of behavior that didn’t quite meet the standards she was trying to live up to, she was able to tease apart exactly what it was that was causing it. She was then able to decipher and vocalize what it is that she needed to do to correct certain behaviors in the future.

From the time the methylone started peaking until just before the comedown, I was able to do little but lay in the sleeping bag and listen to my partner speak. I however have never felt so content in my life to just sit back and listen to my love talk. It was as though I got to know her all over again and I felt so incredibly connected to her. 850 miles had separated us for nearly a year. Though we tried to see each other at least once a month, or every couple of months, and talked on the telephone every day, it was nice to finally be reunited permanently and on vacation together. Being apart allowed us each grow as individuals, and we had really changed a lot since the old days when we lived together, especially her. So much had been going on in her life since she moved to Colorado and became a graduate student. And the whole time she spoke, it was as though she was getting to know herself all over again too. It was just so beautiful to watch her open up to herself as the methylone allowed her to do. I fell in love with her all over again, and the more I got to know her the more I loved her. Methylone is an incredible substance for couples to try together. It definitely was for us, because I feel closer to her than ever.

After three or so hours, the methylone began to let up a bit and I became more social. We discussed the effects of the methylone and the events of the night for some time while enjoying some nice marijuana and the pleasant afterglow of the trip. Eventually we made love and then we each soon fell asleep with no difficulty. Methylone is very easy on the body, with little residual stimulation compared to other materials, and I had no difficulty getting to sleep. We both awoke the next day feeling a little tired, but otherwise very very well. I had no problems driving to our next destination. That night ranks among the most beautiful and special psychedelic trips I have ever had. We both had an afterglow that lasted for days.

It would be interesting to research any possible neurotoxicity of this substance. If it is less neurotoxic than MDMA, this material could make an even more wonderful therapeutic tool. My final word is methylone can provide a very very beautiful and valuable entheogenic experience if taken in just the right setting and at just the right time. But a positive and meaningful experience is very very set and setting dependant, as my previous exposures show.

I have had three experiences since the one outlined in the last report and it has not lost any magic. I have also never desired to abuse it, nor have I. Dosage is usually 180mg. Any less does not give me the effect I seek.

I recommend that those who wish to use methylone try it in a quiet setting with just one or two other people. I really believe the more subtle effects are lost in a social setting. It is not a party drug (in my opinion.)

I 100% agree with MGS, it's definitely not a party drug but is great to use with someone close. Also, an interesting side note: I thought methylone would be great for enhancing creativity in musical performance and dosed before playing drums with a band that I was in quite a few times; and basically, to my suprise, it did quite the opposite. It gave me tension in my muscles that made playing the drums proficiently quite difficult, i.e. I kept speeding up the tempo and lost all sense of finesse and found it pretty difficult to pull off. It might be good for a DJ spinning at a rave, but not for percussion. I have found that tryptamines are the best for bringing out the raw, tribal, & spiritual passion that is drumming. Anyways, just my experience. Peace.

Boognish said:
I've got a question. Everytime I use Methylone(which is probably every few months) it seems to control me, so-to-speak. No matter how hard I try I end up redosing until it's pointless and just plain stupid:X . I've never been addicted to anything, not even cigarettes, so this is extremely out of the ordinary for me.
My question is this: is there a way to get rid of the craving that I get on the comedown by maybe taking a small dose of another psychedelic(miprocin maybe?), or would something like xanax be more appropriate? I would just start experimenting on my own, but I wan't to know if there are any already known safe methods of getting rid of that annoying feeling to redose like a freakin junkie. Thanks in advance guys.

I have the same problem with Stella=D :eek:

Went through 3 grams (99.4% pure) on two seperate occasions over the past month and a half. Was never satisfied with the effects...so in retrospect, I label that shit WEAK.

Is methylone closer MDMA than MDA MDE or Piperazines (BZP and company)?

How does it compare?

Last edited:
I should be trying methlone for the first in about a week. It's amazing how some people love it, and some hate. I don't think I've read about a compound with such mixed reviews before. I hope I like it.

Methylone has never really induced a desire to redose with me. I've throughly enjoyed it every time I've done it. I usually do about 140mgs and find this to be a great dose for me. I actually have found it remarkably MDMA like everytime I've done it and I actually throughly enjoy going out on it, my girlfriends experiance mimics mine.

I find it equally enjoyable at home or out socializing.

I actually prefer it over MDMA. It's shame my source for it closed up shop... weep weep. I've never done it in a public setting, so I couldn't tell wou what that is like. I've always done it in the privacy of my home. The best exp. so far was actually housesitting my parents house with two close friends. The company was good, the backrubs were excellent. It was nice to trip in a really nice place esp. since I had grown up there and spent many a night in my teens on some sort of pyschedelic in the same house. C, B and I each took 300mg to start with maybe a 100-150mg booster @ +2hr, but that was it and there was plenty left over. We just didn't feel the need. I think with this one just dose high initially and know that more later isn't going to help much. Also I think it's a bit gentler on the body than "molly" mdma.

I found that dancing and having fun kept me "rolling" on methylone for signifigantly longer then just doing it and having fun at home with my girlfriend.

I enjoy this substance a geat deal! I've abused MDMA a lot and it's lost most of it's magic, now I get more 'magic' from M1 than I do MDMA. Within ten minutes of taking 150mg or so I feel amazing, chatty and loved up. I just wish it lasted longer. I find it much nicer on the brain and body than MDMA, the day after taking MDMA I'm pretty much out of action but in a nice sleepy kind of way, the days after can be harsh though. With M1 I have hardly any come down at all.

I also like the fact that I can get 99%+ pure methylone but I can only get street 'purple crystal' MDMA with god knows what unreacted shit in it.

(as an aside, I have no idea how to use commas, will someone please give me a grammer lesson, why the hell is this not taught in UK schools?!?!)

I find methylone lasts about twice as long as MDMA. I've never quite understood the people who say it only lasts an hour.

/\ lasts about 2 or 3 ime. But after about 2 hours there's a drop in euphoria, and there's a tail-end potentially dypshoric stimulation (with hedonistic overuse anyway) that lasts as long as the high before. So can total about 5-6 hours.

my advice with methylone is to dose it somewhere where you do not have access to the main stash of it. That way you will not redose which seems very much not worth it. I usually have quite the problem with MD like substances and redosing so I have to figure it out on the front/rational end of things so I dont end up using 5-6 pills or 400-500mg (which would be likely!).

peace and lovin'

So I tried m1 for the first time today. I'm on it right now. It's not reall that interesting, but not too bad. I'm getting some major tension in my neck and am having kind of herky jerky movements, which is really annoying. Anyone else ever experience that while on this stuff? It's a prett annoying side effect.

^^Never had anything remotely like that.

Anyone think methylone could be a healthier alternative to MDMA seeing as it doesn't leave you feeling like you've had your brain ripped out and kicked around for 3 days afterwards?

Status
Not open for further replies.