NEMD Grateful Dead Appreciation Thread

michael said:
DSO is a cover band that can't even be bothered to come up with their own setlists.

DSO plays at least one original set list a week

they tend to play under aprechiated dead music for thier original setlists

Yeah, they are good, so you Deadheads to have shrugged them off are missing some good music.
Not saying I'd choose them over an original band, but they are very good.

uh, no. zane kesey sells it; it is considered an official release.

Soundboards can still be downloaded, but its just frowned upon
all the boards that were on archive.org that were removed are still there, just hidden.

goto www.deadlists.com and they will direct you to the show you wish

CLICK THIS LINK LISTEN TO THE TERRAPIN STATION

shoreline 1990

the shit he plays in the begining is amazing ive been looking for other versions like it havent found any...

weird thing too i loved it for a while and i went on the site to double check the date and noticed the first review made today fucking weird hahahah

^^^^^^^^

Also if your a fan of midi work you would also like the China Cat>Rider from this show

for fuck's sake, YOU ARE ALLOWED TO DOWNLOAD THEM. IT IS NOT FROWNED UPON.

bt.etree.org or jeromesplace.net

rhythmdaddy said:
China Rider check your pms

I tried to PM you back but im not a bluelighter8)

Looks like you got help elsewhere though, so its all good!
I just tried signing up at jeromes place

Wharf Rat... What happened to the hooded, in the shadows, KGB's, doses... Pick'n up 5 sheets at 16 for $375... What happened to all those good memories? Im missing a little Jerry Garcia Band quick little fall interupt tours, what happened to summer, spring, fall, and winter tours. What happened?

Why? I'd pay a few grand easy to see a classic out east show, HighGate, Vermont... ahhh, kids these days dont have diddly squat for music, be for a few fair bands, IMO.

Old man down
Way down, down by the docks of the city
Blind and dirty
Asked me for a dime, a dime for a cup of coffee
I got no dime, but I got some time to hear his story

Tones of Home,
Seedless

but i'll get back
on my feet someday
the good lord willin'
if he says i may

2-19-73 for the real deal

man, video footage from, of all shows, fucking 2-14-70 just surfaced!

This one's for michael:

Article published Apr 19, 2007
The Scoop: Ithaca Mayor Declares May 8 Grateful Dead Day
Ithaca — In honor of the 30th anniversary of one of the Grateful Dead's most legendary performances that took place on May 8, 1977 at Cornell University's Barton Hall, Ithaca Mayor Carolyn Peterson will declare May 8, Grateful Dead Day in Ithaca.

The headlining event of this anniversary celebration is Dark Star Orchestra's recreation of the Legendary May 8, 1977 Grateful Dead concert.

Tickets for Dark Star Orchestra are on sale now. They are $24.50 in advance or $26.50 at the door. Go online at www.stateofithaca.com, by phone at 273-4497, or in person at The Ticket Center at Clinton House located at 116 North Cayuga St. in downtown Ithaca or at the Theatre on the day of the show to purchase a ticket.

The Mayors Proclamation is as follows:

Proclamation from the Mayor of the City of Ithaca

Whereas, the Grateful Dead have been recognized by many highly credible organizations, individuals and entities including the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame as significantly important and integral to the musical and social fabric of our contemporary culture, and

Whereas, on May 8th, 1977 the Grateful Dead performed in Barton Hall on the campus of Cornell University in the city of Ithaca New York, a concert that is widely acknowledged and regarded as a defining and transcendent occasion and example of the art of contemporary musical improvisation, collaboration, musicianship, and performance, and

Whereas, many tens of thousands of individuals who were not in attendance that night in Barton Hall, have become knowledgeable & familiar with the extraordinary nature of the performance on May 8th 1977 through the trading and sharing of recordings of the show, and

Whereas, the cultural identity and perceptions of Ithaca as a community, have been informed and bolstered by the widespread acknowledgement of the magic of May 8th, 1977, and

Whereas, it has been said many times by many people that, “there is nothing like a Grateful Dead concert”,

Now therefore, be it resolved that as Mayor of the City of Ithaca, and in heartfelt recognition of the thirtieth anniversary of the May 8th 1977 concert performance, I declare May 8th 2007 as Grateful Dead Day in the City of Ithaca.

Source

^That is fuckin' awesome!!!!!!

I think I'll declare a different Grateful Dead Day here. Wait, if 365 different people in 365 different cities all do this we could get the WHOLE YEAR!

thanks for the heads up, findypoo. i'm gonna run right out and buy a ticket.

5-16-81 is the best of the three barton hall shows.

I don't ever want to hear Weir butchering that song.