NEMD Grateful Dead Appreciation Thread

^Would you pay for (many) thousands of dollars worth of eqip., record your live music, burn it or allow others to dl it, and then GIVE IT AWAY?

$14.50 may be a little steep, but it's some of the best money I've spent for 3 hours of music, and some of the best live recordings I've EVER heard.
I say go Bob, and the other members. They deserve it.

I dont know As Garcia said, when the band was done with the music it was the fan’s to share. The only rule was no selling or profiteering and the fans were self-policing, criticizing anyone who tried to sell bootlegs. Jerry didnt care about that shit man he'd probably slap Bob Weir in the head for making people pay 15 dollars to listen to one of his shows. what the fuck is that shit he's just a rich fucking yuppie who wants to make more and more money.

fuck Bob Weir He only had a few good songs anyways

By the way does he even allow tapers or do you have to buy the "official" Bob Weir endorsed 15 dollar copy of the show?

i donno but i think id rather just dled some actual dead for free than pay to hear another band play their shit...

just me though

i will be seeing ratdog this summer though.. like 3 or 4 times i think hahah

Michael, seriously if you love the Dead,

understatement of the millenium right there :D

michael was once kind enough to provide me with a n00b's guide to the dead in PM form - i'm sure you could dig up his posted version as well...

i'm not about to dress a $20 hooker in my dead wife's clothes.

i don't *really* understand what's going on but that's fucking funny

rhythmdaddy said:
Michael, seriously if you love the Dead, you need to check out Ratdog.

weir has enough of my money at this point. i've seen ratdog a couple dozen times but not since 97.

the only post-dead project i'm into at the moment is the rhythm devils.

tripmonkey505 said:
hahahah leave it to Bob fucking Weir

and a shitload of other bands. weir is hardly the only one offering this type of service.

tripmonkey505 said:
By the way does he even allow tapers

yes, weir allows tapers and you can download the audience versions for free.

dr seuss said:
i don't *really* understand what's going on but that's fucking funny

DSO is a cover band that can't even be bothered to come up with their own setlists.

Back to the Grateful Dead. How about a question for the Deadheads:

Do you prefer a late 70's Eyes of the World or an early 80's Estimated Prophet? Answer, then ask your own question....

i prefer nearly any eyes of the world to just about any estimated prophet.

Def Eyes a nice Estimated Prophet (and Eyes actually) (hahah along with a killer help>slipknot) check out Dicks Picks Vol 3 From Florida 1977

oh yeah China Cat Sunflower from the 70's or late 80's early 90's? which one? I gotta say July 17 89 and June 16 1990 were nice ones

they're mostly all great but try on 3-24-73 for something a little different.

I like the earlier versions Estimated Prophet...when Weir started to try and stylize the vocals (during the 80s I want to say) it just turned into a horrible thing to have to listen to.

^I like it when he does that, howling and screaming... It is fun!

michael, I took your advice and listened to 3-24-73, and it was rockin'. I see what you mean about the China Rider, it has a different twist to it.

That is a great show that is great quality. I only wish we could dl SBD shows still. Oh well, we can stream to a computer.

It'd be good if he was actually capable in singing in such a manner, instead it sounds terrible. He's a much better singer when he sticks with what he can handle.

grateful dead is my favorie.
there is nothing more i can say.