• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Withdraws from stopping non daily OC use? Methadone helps?

Tapering with methadone is needed only for extreme cases of opiate use. Despite much of the whining and bitching many users do, withdrawl isnt that bad unless you've been using over a month straight. Attempts to taper from a couple weeks with methadone is unnecessary and taking a huge risk - methadone withdrawl is never ending agony.

However, there is a more comfortable way to transition from
"mini withdrawls" to sobriety -- a single dose of suboxone. It makes the transition almost unnoticeable.

I discourage methadone for this use, its too strong and will more likely just contribute to the problem.

yea you dont believe how bad i wish i could get some bupe right now. Last time i tried kicking i copped like 4mgs of bupe and thats all i need to just get me over that 3 day hump and feeling normal again. That drug is a fucking life saver it really is and i highlyyyyy suggest it to anyone who is trying to get off the dope. it makes it soo much easier. I just wish it was cheaper and that they had clinics like the way they do with meth. but oo well sometimes a lil pain isnt bad, makes you stronger in the long run.

n4k33n said:
Tapering with methadone is needed only for extreme cases of opiate use. Despite much of the whining and bitching many users do, withdrawl isnt that bad unless you've been using over a month straight. Attempts to taper from a couple weeks with methadone is unnecessary and taking a huge risk - methadone withdrawl is never ending agony.

However, there is a more comfortable way to transition from
"mini withdrawls" to sobriety -- a single dose of suboxone. It makes the transition almost unnoticeable.

I discourage methadone for this use, its too strong and will more likely just contribute to the problem.

Iunno if u talkin to me, or the other poster in the thread goin thru some probs, but I agree w/you and hope it didnt come off like i was asking about tapering off. I aint want ppl to think im some kinda dumbass cuz they takin what i said the wrong way or somethin.
TUsing methadone daily would be pretty stupid considering i aint got a addiction, so what the fuck would be the point of tryin to use methadone to "get off" a opiate that i aint even "On" you feel me? Im cool now w/out a doubt. That would be like someone who uses dope once a month gettin on a methadone program to stop usin dope when they just need to not cop. Straight up, it aint needed or necessary.

I think ppl gettin the wrong idea becuz methadone is associated so closely with gettin off opiates, and not w/gettin high. So when someone mentions methadone they automaticlly think its referring to methadone maintenance, not just poppin one or two when the time is right and then that being the end of it.

Jus tryna make it clear where im comin from. Cuz if anyone else who aint addicted was to read this thread and get the wrong idea, i wouldnt want them thinkin "hey lemme start using another opiate thats extremely hard to get off of, cuz this girl seemed to be doin it." I def. aint doin that. I was just gettin some releif to get some sleep, for one night....And it worked...So thats that, Case Closed. Smokin a doob is the plan for tonite %)

Good luck to the other homie in this thred w/the dope w/ds thats some way more serious shit than im talkin bout.

Oxy withdrawls are OVER in 3-4 days. You will be full into them by 18 hours with no dose. Methadone will DESTROY oxy withdrawls. I love methadone for withdrawls, because it lasts so long. Its good to get out of the 'need a dose ever 8 hours' routine.

can it really be that bad, needing a dose every 8 hours or the wd's start? the way i'm wired into the opiates right now, i can usually go about 36 hours after my last dose before the wd's start to kick in.

Lacey, I was just point that out for everyone. Personally, (and my advice to others) - Don't even fuck with methadone to get high. If for some reason through circumstance you develop a habit, good luck to you. :)

malfunkshun said:
can it really be that bad, needing a dose every 8 hours or the wd's start? the way i'm wired into the opiates right now, i can usually go about 36 hours after my last dose before the wd's start to kick in.

What opiate do you normally take? Oral opium? Oxy withdrawal sets in much faster.

2004-12-03_sam-gangsta-319-787719.gif