• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The First Video Game You Mastered

Great topic!!!

Although, "mastered" could mean alot of things.

This is probably the first game I felt I had "mastered."

RIVER RAID!!!

113252291600gf5.jpg

now, the first game I truly ever beat, at least the first game I finished that had a true ending is...

THE LEGEND OF ZELDA!!!

103308391100ft9.jpg

(I still have my original gold cartridge and it works in my original NES, yay!)

I'm a young'un, but I'm pretty sure I could've gone pro in:

Waybe%20Gretzkys%203D%20Hockey%20USA.jpg

what's this? we gonna fight?!

AAB AAB AAB AAB eat it!

By mastered do you mean 'clocked' or finished entire game and if so these are two that i recall ,gauntlet and 1942 on commodore 64......

Air Buster on the Sega Mega Drive (I think it was called the Genesis in the US)... I was so pumped the first time I beat that!

I had played many games before, but never truly mastered them. Until in around 1985 I came across Frantic Freddie on the C64. I was a gun, not because I had skill but I worked out the computer AI (not that it was hard) and without telling anyone was able to beat everyone else on average convincingly.

frantic_freddie_02.gif

StagnantReaction said:
track & field. I have fists of fury

actually it was kirby on gameboy.

kirby on gameboy here too.

oregon trail haha when i was a wee lad. also there was this game where you got a little tank and had to fight other tanks by choosing the angle and power of your shot. it was pretty sweet.

^^ i bet you played the one where you have to work your way through the castle by solving riddles

To this day, I remain unbeaten at this game........

It was called Pong and we had two at our local squash centre,

250px-Pong.png

First console game was Tomb Raider.

Bauer095 said:
^ how many games would you say this unbeaten streak spans ?

About 35 years.

But I havent played for a while cos they have all been superceded.

I was mightily pissed off when they removed them and replaced them with these silly space invaders games.........poo I said........this will never take off......who wants to stand and play against the machine.......... meh, so Im not always right........lol.

I sucked at those sorts of games and still do......... guess I was just born to play Pong ........lol

The first video game I beat was Konami's "Aliens" (I think). Then again, it is a ridiculously easy game--shoot enough times and waste enough quarters, and anybody could hack it.

The game I was proudest of beating was "Donkey Kong Country". :)

crystalcallas said:
Wow....memories. I remember playing scads of Game & Watch when I was in preparatory school.....the very first game I mastered was Lode Runner, followed by Popeye and then Octopus. :) Game & Watch was the shit back then.
Game and Watch was most definitely the shit back then! My game was Ambulance. I was addicted to that game... for a week, lol. I hated it whenever I lost a life when the game slowed to a crawl right after you passed the "999" score.

After that phase, the next game I actually took enough interest in to "master" was Ballblaster.

2001733621343363350_rs.jpg

I swear it looked 3-D back then! 8o

Immediately after came Archon.

When i was in my early 20s I purchased my first pc........it was a funny little thing that was basically just a keyboard and got plugged into a television and used cassettes to save stuff to.

There were a very small number of programmes you could buy but mostly in those days the computer involved having to buy a book which taught you how to program the thing and hence to use basic language.

I used to write quite a lot of fun games to play........most of them relying on random number generators and the like but then i evolved to a simple poker machine complete with graphics.........all my own design.......... If I had foreseen the way the gaming industry would take off, I would have been more serious about it.

SillyAlien said:
I swear it looked 3-D back then! 8o

bahahajha......... I still have my original Gran Turismo game for the PS1 and a PS1........when this game came out, myself and all my mates would watch in envy at the amazing quality of the graphics which were almost identical to the real thing.

bahahaha...........From time to time we put it on for kicks and the difference compared to now is just off the planet.........how the hell could we ever have thopught it was that close to the real thing????????

i was too much of a pothead to remember anything that happened before goldeneye 007. and I don't just mean video games :( oh but i was a pro at goldeneye for sure