• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

Please keep Fairnymph in your thoughts and prayers (RIP Ryan)

Bejesus that's terrible news, you're in my thoughts and (prayers such as they are) That is words fail me, so so so sorry !

Holy shit! I just got out of jail today after exactly 2 months in prison. RIP 'Jaby, I was looking forward to linking up with you again through GAIM. This is definitely tragic news and it confirms my reservations about the use of this drug. All I can say is its a pity we cant turn the clock back.

zephyr said:
^ guinea- he is brain dead.
o shit. did i miss that? all i saw was that he was unconscious:(
my heart goes out to all concerned i guess...

crOOk said:
From what I know, he had used used Tramadol before he started fent again and IF he started fent again (he might have injected tramadol for what I know). That night (I think it was tuesday) he was talking in the worst possible way of fentanyl/alpha methyl fentanyl and was still taking the tramadol only to get rid of his lingering withdrawl symptoms. Until he is officially gone, I am still being optimistic and wish for him to come back.
This is all so hard to believe, the day before he was in a very good mood from what I could tell and told me about the new job at Merck he had in prospect. Kept speaking of fent in the worst way possible, i cant stress this enough. he believed the fent had really messed up his mu opioid receptors and that he would have to suffer withdrawl for quiet some time.
I dont know what else to say, I'll just keep praying.

No, please don't speculate. He didn't have any interest in injecting tramadol as far as I know. He tried plugging tramadol before as an experiment and he wasn't impressed. He thought snorting or IVing tramadol was silly. Maybe he changed his mind out of the blue. Who fucking knows, but I don't think that is what happened at least.

He had a good night on Tuesday night, he went out and had some fun with some cool people. He sent me an IM at 2am right before I was going to bed, I told him I had to get some sleep and I talked with him for about 2 minutes and then I went to bed. He didn't mention anything about any drugs or withdrawal at all. 2 hours later is when Julia found him. I guess he wanted to make his fun night a little bit more fun. His plan was to go on some type of anti-depressant medication, because opiates were not doing it for him and he wanted to be off them for good. He probably wanted "just one more high." We had plans to see him this weekend. If only it could have been last weekend! It fucking kills me that he was pretty much clean and then all the sudden took too much of whatever he did. That explains how it happened, but at yoyoman said, a world without Ryan is too fucking much for me and a lot of other people to deal with :(.

Try to stay strong everyone, I know I am having a hard time doing that. I can only imagine how much harder it is for his family to deal with.

We love you Julia!

Last edited:
i am so sorry julia. my deepest sorrow, and my thoughts are with you :(

Just read the update too.

Julia, I'm extremely saddened to hear of your loss. My warmest wishes of support are with you.

(((<3)))

i just went back in the thread. apparently i missed the update somehow. im so sorry for julia and all that knew him. best wishes.

oh my goodness, this is horrible news.

i don't know any of the people affected by this tragedy, but my heart goes out to all.

this is just fucking shitty.

like always when it comes to things like these, I am at a loss for what to say.

yeah it is incredibly hard to find the right words...

i really, really care for ryan...he is an excellent scientist and a sensitive person, an incredibly caring friend

i hope everyone takes heed to the warning about amf. it is not to be fucked with.

Last edited:
I dont even know either of you, but still I'm crying.

I'm so sorry that this happened....

I'll still be praying.

Does anyone have updates?

:( :( :( :(

I am sorry, I don't know what to say - but if I was around you I would just give you a hug. :(