• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

Please keep Fairnymph in your thoughts and prayers (RIP Ryan)

My thoughts are with you Julia.

As of late I have been silent just taking in the lounge gossip, jokes and nudie threads but this really pulled me out to at least say that I am hoping things turn for the better.

I have no idea what condition you both are in at this very moment but I am wishing the best.

///stay strong for yourself and us///

~D

I hope all works out for the best. I'm very sorry to read about this.

best wishes
~O

:( :( Such a good guy. I feel honored to have been able to meet him.

((((Julia))))

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. Here is an update on the situation.

From a post I made 24 hours ago (12 am Wed night/Thur morning) on my lj:

Not long after I posted my most recent post, I showered; when I got out, I found my husband lying unconscious on the ground, cyanotic (totally blue in lips and fingernails), unresponsive, barely a pulse, barely or possibly not at all breathing. Later I was to find an uncapped syringe, a length of rubber tubing, and an empty, unlabeled vial which I believe contained alpha methyl fentanyl.

I called 911, at 3:24 am. I had to drag his body several feet because he had collapsed in front of the entrance to our apartment. I do not know cpr and my attempts did not have much effect (neither did the parademedics', when they arrived).

He had a heart attack in the ambulance. His lungs have completely failed; he is on a ventilator but still not getting enough oxygen into his bloodstream. His heart has sustainted considerable damage; his blood pressure is very low (80/60) and his heart rate is too high (was 130, currently more like 140). He aspirated (vomit got into his lungs) and as a result he is believed to have pneumonia as evidenced by his high fever (was over 104, now 101-102).

In the nearly 24 hours that have elapsed, he has not improved, and if anything, appears to be detoriating. He may have been oxygen deprived for up to 30 minutes. If his body recovers, it will be a miracle if he is not siginficantly brain damaged. But I do not believe he will recover in any form, and the drs agree, though they are hesitant to say it explicitly. I can see it in their eyes and I am not a pessimist. Only a true miracle would save him at this point.

Ryan's father just got in from CA and is with him now; I will attempt to sleep as I have not done so in over 36 hours, and as it is my sense of time is extremely wacked. Minutes seem to last hours.

I was the only one with him until now and the only one local and thus have been the phone relay system for both our families and all our friends, but I can no longer answer the phone. I just can't.

The current situation:

Ryan is completely brain dead. He has no responses or reflexes whatsoever. He is still on the ventilator, but that is only until he can be transported to a hospital for organ donation. He will be pronounced dead officially sometime in the next 12 hours, when they confirm death (again) once he is completely off all the meds.

The one silver lining is that his liver is in good condition and both kidneys are in excellent condition and they will be (hopefully) saving 3 people's lives. Unfortunately he won't be able to donate tissue (non-organs) because of his drug (ab)use.

Another thing I should state is that in the past 6 weeks Ryan had undergone withdrawal twice, first from fentanyl, then more recently from amf. I learned that he had ived fentanyl at least once (this is to me, the first I have ever known of him iving) during his addiction to it. The amf withdrawal was extremely intense and he took some naltrexone for it which made it all the worse.

To my knowledge and based on his mood, he had not used for a week before his OD. I do not know why he decided then and there to IV. The most recent IM messages that I found on his computer do not indicate anything. It seems random.

Ryan- rest in peace :(

Julia- you have shown so much strength going through this. You have many people who will be there for you now in your time of need, even if it is in the form of a message on the internet.

We love you and will help you get through this

<3

We just went to visit him. Sorry we missed you Julia. We got lost on the way and it took us forever to actually find his room. I said what I could, hoping by some miracle that he could hear me. I have no idea why he chose to relapse either. It really was completely random and unexpected. I don't know what else to say, this week has been horrible. I'll never forget him and I'll cherish all the good memories I have of him :'(.

Julia, best wishes for strength and peace as you navigate through this.

jules check your pm's i want to make sure i have your address correct. Im so sorry. I left you a message earlier but i can understand your fatigue. ill reiterate, if you need anything i can be on a plane i can wire money i can talk for hours dont hesitate to call. im so fucking sorry.

I am sorry. You are in my thoughts Julia, as are your husband and his family.

havent spoken much to either of em, but i hope for the best.
we've lost too many ppl this year, i do my best to stay optimistic

My thoughts and prayers are with you, I am so sorry. I hope you find someone to lean on and stay strong during this time. ((hug))

:(

i hope for the best. you both will be in my thoughts. i hope everything works out.

it always hurts to hear of something like this happening, but nothing compares to experiencing it. i'm sorry..

...lord bring me joy in my time of pain, and quell my numbness yet again...