how much of your gains do you keep after you go off of steroids?

Startrekq

Bluelighter
I am a steroid neophyte; have never used. However I am a recovering opiate addict and am dealing with some depression half a year after I have quit. I need to feel "in control" or "powerful" again, and gaining 20-30 lbs of muscle might do the trick. I am wondering if I can gain this weight with a few cycles, and if I could keep most of the weight long term after ceasing the use of steroids. Thanks

A strict diet that's high in protein, moderate carbs and moderate fat can go a long way to gaining quality muscle that will not be lost. Add to that a lot of sleep and dedication you have the recipe for a pure anabolic environment.

Throwing in a good multi-vitamin, some EFA's, creatine and few protein shakes a day for good measure...you got yourself the perfect formula!

Startrekq said:
I need to feel "in control" or "powerful" again, and gaining 20-30 lbs of muscle might do the trick.

I agree with Whatcha... that stuff can go a LONG way and is necessary before you step into the hormones. And the above statement of yours is really scary to read... you're just setting yourself up for more disappointment by trying to solve your troubles with taking another drug. Steroids are good for a boost in the gym, but you're looking for something that's going to change your life (and big muscles aren't going to give you that kind of fulfillment). That being said, sticking to a disciplined program for months and months, adapting to your body's needs and seeing yourself grow IS very motivating. :)

Good luck Startrekq,
D

LOL the last thing you need are steroids. jeesus. its not like using rec drugs you cant just use them and get big.

plus, you'll probably end up with even greater depression once you stop your steroid cycle and do PCT, as clomid makes me very emotional and depressed, not to mention low testosterone levels from HPTA shutdown will also make you even more depressed. If your already depressed, your going to end up commiting suicide, especially when you realise you didint gain nearly as much as you were hoping from your cycle.

its impossible to know how much weight you will keep after finishing a cycle. it depends on what steroids you used, how long you used them, how good your post-cycle therapy is, how good your diet is post cycle, and how hard you continue to train post cycle, as well as your genetics which none of us could ever know.

its like asking us how long you will live for... we dont know anything about you, how are we supposed to know?

yea a protien and multi vitamin should be the bass of any athlete and if u wanna get a little edge do somthing a little less serious then steriods like a small hormone booster like 250 or mass tabs or somthing of that sort

for me its always about having good memory and not beeing lazy. take your creatine on empty stomach 30 mins before lifting, make sure you have a large amount of protein in each meal, and always have protein shakes after your workout, and before you sleep at night, cos thats when the muscles heal. You can go overboard like have shakes after each meal but I dont becaues I have a small stomach. I lift iron everyday though, just focus on one place at a time.

i admire the OP's honesty. the real question is how do you get yourself to not be lazy i guess. go to gym and eat good you'll be healthy.

I am an opiate addict, clean and sober for one year.
Let me tell you first hand that Steroids will solve your problems right now. Juice it up. Go to the gym, get healthy and feel very undepressed.

But after your cycle, you will get depressed in a horrible way and if you are a drug addict like me, you will relapse.
Its up to you, just remember that Juice isnt a permanent solution to a drug problem but its a great vacation from it. :) Good luck.
If its your first cycle, may I recommend Deca. or Testosterone stacked with Equipoise for 3 months and lots of eating. I strongly suggest Ephedera or ECA taken during workouts because you get more results and it feels really good on all these drugs.

i dont know if this is true for roids or not but i lifted a long time before using anything and got to 16 1/2 arms and around 200 pretty ripped but when i stop lifting thats where i end up at every time