• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

4-aco-mipt scraps

Fuck my shit is a tar too from asorbtion of moisture so i dissolved it in a ethanol solution and set it aside for a later day as i'm kinda scared to take another psychedelic right now until i find out why i almost freaked on sunday most likely because i took a few HBWR seeds with my 2CI(20mg) and i'll tell you there's nothing like pacing back and forth all night hanging on for dear life hours on end.

A lot of materials are hygroscopic but its usually not so noticable. Table salt, sugar, NaOH and common dessicants (of course) are all hygroscopic. Some other RC salts may be hygroscopic and people aren't even noticing. What is unique about this material though is how quickly and drasticly its character changes when being exposed to air, going from a manageable white crystal into a translucent epoxy like material with a brownish tint in a matter of minutes. It doesn't seem to change any further once it gets into its translucent epoxy like state though.

As far a what could prevent it...well if its and HCl salt then perhaps a different salt or a freebase wouldn't be hygroscopic. Right now though, with the material as it is, I wouldn't bother attempting to recrystalize it, as it would have to be vigourously protected from air to keep it crystalized and would be turning into epoxy as fast as you could weigh a dose. It might decompose faster as a goop, but tryptamine decomposition (in the freezer) has never been a problem for me.

Anyways I have a TR about half written and will be posting it in TR in a day or two.

Last edited:
gloggawogga said:
And, to be fair, if you have plenty of shrooms readily availabe you might just do shrooms and avoid the research chemical risks.

This is something I've been wondering a lot about the 4-aco/ho compounds.

Are they really significantly different than psilocybin?

I know this thread is about 4-ACO-MIPT, but I'm curious also about 4-ACO-DETand 4-ACO-DiPT. Thanks!

Are they really significantly different than psilocybin?

I know this thread is about 4-ACO-MIPT, but I'm curious also about 4-ACO-DETand 4-ACO-DiPT. Thanks!

They are all different from psilocybin to some extent. Whether the difference is significant depends on you. 4-aco-dipt I find the most unique. It is easier on the head than others and often compared to 2c-b. Yet some very deep and profound moments can come from this drug. 4-aco-det has a very sharp and intense anxiety edge to it, which makes the material very difficult to enjoy. Yet I find it can be a very powerfull tool for confronting internalized anxieties and breaking through those anxieties is very deep and penetrating. 4-aco-mipt I can't quite say I fully know the nature of yet with just two experiences, but its very hard on the head in its own way, perhaps a little bit user friendly than 4-aco-det, and definitely more visual.

Although I have not sampled 4-Ho/AcO-MiPT, I would agree 100% on his assessment of 4-Ho/AcO-DET and 4-Ho/AcO-DiPT. They have surface similarities to psilocybin, but they are not the same. I think 4-Ho-DiPT is very unique and fantastic for psychotherapeutic exploration. One of the best.

I took this out of my post so I could put it here. I think it pertains more to this thread than to that trip report thread:

I'd like to point out that there is direct mention (from what I understand - which could be incorrect) of 4-AcO-MiPT in TiHKAL; it's under 4-HO-MiPT:
EXTENSIONS AND COMMENTARY : This is a two-carbon homologue of psilocin, and as this latter chemical is orally active, it is not surprising that this is, as well. One direct comparison between the two materials, on widely separated days and at very high levels, indicated that 20 milligrams of 4-HO-MIPT was fully equivalent to 50 milligrams of psilocin in one report. And yet another report with 30 milligrams of the acetate ester, things were considerably more modest. At these higher levels, the onset was noted well within the first half hour.

Here, as with the 4-HO-DMT (psilocin) and the 4-HO-DET entries, some care must be made with the use of the term "acetate" or "phosphate." As these materials are both bases (tertiary amines) and acids (hydroxy indoles), they are in effect internal salts. For stability, they are usually converted into salts (at the amine end) or esters (at the phenolic end), or both. In this context, the term "acetate" can mean either modification, a salt or an ester involving acetic acid. And, of course, a phosphate can be either a salt or an ester. I will try to append the additional term "salt" or "ester" whenever this ambiguity is possible. In all of these studies, the acetate is the ester, and some of these are free bases, some are the hydrochloride salts and some are the fumarate salts.

Re: 4-aco-mipt sounds nice

liteage1 said:
shulgin said:
"I would not want to go much higher than 20 milligrams (50 milligrams of psilocin is not as intense)."

He said that about 4-HO-MiPT though. And he says that 30 mg of 4-AcO-MiPT was more modest than 20 mg 4-HO-MiPT.

^^^^

Nope. Lived in NJ during those years. Didn't get the nickname glog untill '81....

daveyboy said:
There is a dark side to the compound, such as is not found in 4-AcO-DET, or 2C-I. You can't find a dark corner with those two.

I find 2C-I quite gentle, but 4-Ho/AcO-DET definitely has a "dark side" for me. All of my ethocin trips usually have touches of fear in them.

understand that there maybe a dark side to anything. it has to do with a persons own fears, and many other deep seeded negative baggage, neagative life experiences, even ones choice of words and environmental set and settings.

I agree. At least its been so in my experience. A chemical may seem to just induce a fear or anxiety, and it may be difficult to admit its coming from deep seated fears. But upon close introspection I find every fear or anxiety that I've gotten from psychedelics has has conceptualizations behind it, often deep seated one's from within my ego, and that addressing those conceptualizations relieves the fear and anxiety. So now when I find a dark side to a psychedelic, I consider it a bit of a challange to work it out.

liteage1 said:
2c-c is so fun and easy, kind of a happy go lucky psychedelic, @ 10 to 20mg's it is way more of a feel good chem then 2c-i. (to me)
but at 50mg, oh my! what a colorful gem 2c-c is.
just like 2c-e is for me.

I am also in that camp that loves 2C-C! :) It is just an all-around great spirited mind expanding substance. I usually take 30 mg for a nice warm sparkle, but one time I took 50 mg. It was fantastic and beautiful, and I even wrote a trip report for it. But it sure was nothing like 2C-E. I don't think any dose of 2C-C can bring me to the depths 2C-E does. It'd kinda like there is a DBX 266 XL compressor (a device used in recording sound) on 2C-C which reduces some of the dynamics and limits amplitude, so no matter how much you dose it still won't go as deep as 2C-E does. Oh this is off topic. :) Bad MGS.

liteage1 said:
im a guitar, bass, player i also mix/edit too.

Me too! Recording is my love in life (non-human one that is) and I am into recording as I am into studying psychedelics. But this is all off-topic so I sent you a PM.

I am gonna have to disolve it I think and measure it that way...I usually do the pilez method of eyeballing it. Any tips on how to do this right? I have never tried dissolving the chemz into anything and dosing that way.

All that I am reading on 4-AcO-MIPT, makes me that much more curious. I always felt a sort of attachment to the 4-HO-MiPT TiHKAL entry that I couldn't explain. Both 4-HO-MiPT and 4-HO-MET had this draw for me. It was a much more lucid draw than any other tryptamine (including DMT!) and comparable to the same draw I have towards 2C-T-2 in PiHKAL. But I'm still kind of cautious to explore these, as I have only seen a few reports on them, and after the 5-MeO-AMT mess, I'm skeptical.

If I see more information on the chemical, and find a decent company that carries it, I will definitely shell out the 150-200 dollars for a half gram and start experimenting!