• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

4-HO-MIPT scraps

18mg is more than enough to know what miprocin is about. You've had a good taste to say the least. It's an incredible chemical. =D Nothting quite like it.

I call my sweet spot 20mg, but it can be a bit intense sometimes even at that level. Once you start getting into the high 20's (with no tolerance) it's a completely differnt story though.It's got teeth if you aren't careful. .=D If it's not too apparent, it has 'bitten' me a few times. Just go SLOWLY and make sure you're ready for it and everything's cool. The dose/response curve is very steep as far as the mental effects go and it's easy to lose your head.

I love this chem at 20mg or so, but it's kicked my ass pretty bad a few times too at the higher levels and doing 26-28mg of it can simply be insane during the peak. I think I'm done pushing the doses higher on this one. 20-22mg sounds pretty good to me. I may even explore some sub-20mg doses at some point. ;)

-gp

Last edited:
Has anyone tried combining miprocin with any harmala type drugs, or any other MAOI's?

georgiapoppy said:
MGS,

Everyone is different

Believe me, I know. :)

I find 2C-T-7 to be devastatingly beautiful and special, but others complain of bodyload, few rewards, and prefer 2C-T-2 (which I do not like at all.)

Iprocin was devine and holy, you called boring before I believe.

Shulgin reported DiPT to be a simple audio distorter, where as I found it to be a full-fledged psychedelic.

Shulgin labeled 2C-D, "pharmacological tofu", while I found it insightful and fully rewarding at the 40mg level.

Lots of folks will claim 2C-B to be the jewel of the 2Cs, but I much prefer 2C-E and 2C-T-7.

5-MeO-DMT is the end-all/be-all of the psychedelic world in my book, but some find it terrifying and physically difficult.

:) (now I am rambeling)

But yeah, don't know if 16mg is really my "sweet spot" with miprocin. Actually, in looking back at my notes, it was 15mg I tried...not 16mg.

Anyway, only tried miprocin twice so far, at 12mg and 15mg. 12mg was all-around nice, but at 15mg I had this annoying sensation during the peak where I felt like I was being midly sufficated and I found it difficult to feel like I was catching my breath. On the other hand, my heartrate was only slightly elevated, and my breathing was normal. Psychosomatic obviously, but I doubt I will try much more than 14mg or so next time just in case it were to happen again.

MGS,

Sorry, I edited my post a little after the original and you must have started your reply before I did. I didn't mean to remove anything you quoted or anything like that. We just crossed paths. ;)

Yeah, personally I found few rewards in iprocin, but to be completely fair, I only tried it twice so that's not enough to form a completely fair opinion. I plan on performing more experiments with it sometime early next year, and I have high hopes that subsequent experiments will change my mind. I haven't written it off yet.

As far as 2cd goes, I really LOVE it too. The PIKHAL entry hardly does it justice. It can be extremely deep and although it always leaves me wishing it would last longer, it's brevity can also be considered a plus. I've reached states with it at 32mg rectally that were as deep as what I've experienced with 2ce, but the whole expereience was still over quickly. Very nice.

But yeah, I'm babbling too now and not about miprocin. If you had what you think may be a bit of a reaction to it last time then I agree you should be careful dosing it next time. Let me know how it goes when you get a chance to experiment again.

Take care

-gp

whoa, this thread is fucking huge... i tried to read the whole thing, but it started to get way over my head...

4-OH-MIPT seems to be pretty good, maybe not as good as psilocybin, but definitely better than 4-OH-DIPT in my experience. 4-OH-MIPT seems like a mild, psychedelically flavored mood enhancer with few visuals when compared with psilocybin. 4-OH-MIPT is a good, easy to deal with hallucinogen for the psychedelic neophyte. I am looking forward to increasing the dosage with this one.

joystick said:
4-OH-MIPT is a good, easy to deal with hallucinogen for the psychedelic neophyte. I am looking forward to increasing the dosage with this one.

Be VERY careful and increase your doses slowly. Trust me, there is nothing 'easy to deal with' about it when you hit the right level. It will kick your ass BAD if you are not careful and you may get more than you bargained for. Again, the dose/response curve is very steep once you hit a certain point. I made the 'mistake' of jumping from 20mg right to 26mg and it bit me hard. I have since done up to 30mg, but I was prepared for it and knew to expect what was coming. That first time (jumping 6mg) was way too big of a dose jump. Personally, I will never do 30mg again and am probably done with anything over 24mg period.

What kind of doses have you worked with so far and what kind of scale (please tell me you have a scale) are you using? I would not increase it more than 2mg at a time and once you hit higher ranges, and at that point even less if you scale can weight less than 2mg increments.

Be careful bumping those doses and make sure you're ready for it. There's absolutely nothing 'easy' about miprocin once you get above recreational dose levels. As a matter of fact, it can be quite difficult to manage a heavy miprocin trip even when you are very experienced with these types of compounds.

-gp

Last edited:
Originally posted by joystick
4-OH-MIPT seems to be pretty good, maybe not as good as psilocybin, but definitely better than 4-OH-DIPT in my experience. 4-OH-MIPT seems like a mild, psychedelically flavored mood enhancer with few visuals when compared with psilocybin. 4-OH-MIPT is a good, easy to deal with hallucinogen for the psychedelic neophyte. I am looking forward to increasing the dosage with this one.

Listen to georgiapoppy's advice!

How much are you taking, 12 to 16mg maybe?
4-HO-MIPT changes its character allot, after you get past the 16mg mark IMHO. For me; jumping from 16 to 18, is defiantly playing in a different ball park.

Like 2C-E, 4-H0-MIPT takes one deeper per every 2mg increase after 16mg IMHE.
With 4-H0-MIPT and 2C-E one should take there time when increasing there doses!
heers

evaporation / loss of weight of material

has anyone experienced any loss with this 4-ho-mipt material?

someone i know got some that was really sticky and hard to work with, and just 2 days later when he weighed it again it weighed less than before and seemed a little less sticky. he then passed some on to a friend, who found that he got a bit less than what his friend had put in the paper bag for him a few days before. . .

i'm keen to hear what others may have to report on this.

peace

curiousgeorge said:
so gloggawogga,

have you ever had any "pains" with this drug?

has it ever felt like "your kidneys hurt?"

there has only been one other person on here that will acknowledge this same feeling with me, and I would trust them.

I also spoke with a nursepractitioner last night (she's seen her hay day of drugs), and she said the problem with all of the RC is that you don't know which could possibly shut your kidneys down.

with her knowledge/experience in the medical field, I would probably trust her in the fact that this stuff is possibly renal toxic.

anyone care to add to this?

When I take 4-HO-MiPT I sometimes get an uncomfortable side effect.

Basically, it feels like I have to urinate, but when I try to go, I can't. This usually happens an hour or two after the trip ends, and can persist anywhere from 12-36 hours.

I've never really experienced any abdominal pains though.,

^^ive had this happen to me before with lsd.
does anyone know why this happens?

Re: evaporation / loss of weight of material

Ximot said:
has anyone experienced any loss with this 4-ho-mipt material?

someone i know got some that was really sticky and hard to work with, and just 2 days later when he weighed it again it weighed less than before and seemed a little less sticky. he then passed some on to a friend, who found that he got a bit less than what his friend had put in the paper bag for him a few days before. . .

i'm keen to hear what others may have to report on this.

peace

Are you sure you are talking about 4-OH-MiPT here and not 4-AcO-MiPT? Many of us have seen a hygroscopic, sticky batch of 4-Aco-MiPT that was going around. It was as you report hard to work with and turns into a stickly mess quickly when exposed to air. And if it was put into a paper bag, are you sure it wasn't lost somehow or left in the bag?

I've had a gelcap of miprocin that was weighed out and stored at room temp for about two months. It was not stored in an airtight container, but it was stored in the dark. It was still it's normal color and powder consistancy and had no apparent loss in potency when tasted two months later. I didn't bother to re-weight the cap though. Now this was done some time ago when the compound was 'fresh' from the source so to say.

The only weird thing I've noticed, is that my vial is getting a sticky residue around the threads on the top of the vial. Also, the white liner inside the cap of my vial has turned dark brown. So I'm not sure what's going on with that. The powder itself is still it's original color, consistancy and potency as far as I can tell. I was thinking at first the stickyness around the threads of the vial was due to the piece of tape wrapped around the cap of the vial, but it doesn't feel or appear to be electrical tape adheshive consistancy. It's got to be something with the compound. Also, something in the chemical has either stained or oxidized the white liner in my lid as mentioned above. I've never seen that before. It's a very dark brown and a completely different color than the powder.

So based on my original experiment with storing a single pre-weighed gelcap at room temp for two months, I was pretty comfortable with the long-term stability of this compound. That was however, some number of months ago. Now I notice the two weird things mentioned above with my vial and I'm starting to get suspicious of it's long-term storage capabilities as if it just took several additional months and now it's starting to become unstable. My vial is kept stored in a deep freezer (about -17 degrees) in a vacumn sealed package which is then placed in a container of dessicant powder. I always allow the entire container to come to room temp before it's opened.

Weird. Anyone else notice sticky threads on your vial or the inside liner of your cap turning brown? The compound itself still seems fine as far as I can tell. At this point I'm still comfortable with using it for research purposes, but I'm going to start keeping a close eye on it for possible signs of decomposition.

-gp

curiousgeorge said:
so gloggawogga,

have you ever had any "pains" with this drug?

has it ever felt like "your kidneys hurt?"

there has only been one other person on here that will acknowledge this same feeling with me, and I would trust them.

I also spoke with a nursepractitioner last night (she's seen her hay day of drugs), and she said the problem with all of the RC is that you don't know which could possibly shut your kidneys down.

with her knowledge/experience in the medical field, I would probably trust her in the fact that this stuff is possibly renal toxic.

anyone care to add to this?

I can't even tell you how many times I've worked with this compound and I've never noticed any problems. Of course everyone is different and may react as such. I've got no reason to 'hide' any side effects or be dishonest about them. I would certainly post here if I noticed any problems myself. The only side effect of significance I've noticed (and it happens with many trytamines for me) is I get some tremors and shaky hands during the peak if I take a good dose. This is insignificant to me compared to 4-OH-DET. That one makes me shake so bad I won't even take it anymore.

However, as far as your nursepractitioner's comments... Of course it's possible that one or more of these compounds has renal toxicity, but she doesn't know that any more than we do and she probably knows less in the case of RC's. Do you really think your nurse practitioner is going to tell you it's ok to take RC's? 8) There have been very few if any controlled studies for most of these compounds, so if your aren't willing to take those risks of essentially taking an experimental drug, you shouldn't be experimenting with them. Plain and simple. Nobody knows if/what the long term effects of most of these compounds will be. As Glogg said, if you feel you have problems with this one, don't take it anymore.

How many times have you taken miprocin and has it caused this issue for you most/all of those times? If this is a one time occurance, it could be many things other than the drug. What other drugs do you use, the frequency, etc. It could be a combination a factors causing this issue.

I'm not saying it's a safe compound and renal toxicity isn't possible, but I've eaten an awful lot of miprocin in some pretty high doses (over just a few month period) and never noticed any significant side-effects. If renal toxicity is a real side effect, it likely has a pretty low rate of occurance or I would think more folks would be complaining about it by now. Many drugs have some serious side effects that are rare or only occur in a low percentage of users. If it consistantly causes this problem for you, DON'T USE IT. Kind of like sticking your hand in the fire when you know you will get burned. =D

Good luck.

-gp

Last edited:
@georgiapoppy

well, the compound was labelled 4-ho-mipt indeed, and it had just been received from a legit source, and the gram paid for was weighing in at around 940 mg (but with the inevitable unremovable grey film inside the bag). A few days later it was divided in two, and it seemed there was only 900 or 910 mg... and one half of that (say, 450) mg was put in a paper wrapper. A few days later this was weighed and showed something like 385 or some such sum. Which means that around 65 mg disappeared. Might it have liquefied due to some temperature change it may have been exposed to and soaked into the paper? If one were to eat the paper, would one possibly get a really strong trip?

If it is kind of watery . . . then is it possible that, once this water is evaporated one will need a smaller dose than usual - or will one need a higher one of quite sticky stuff as some of it is water... questions...

Re: Re: evaporation / loss of weight of material

Weird. Anyone else notice sticky threads on your vial or the inside liner of your cap turning brown? The compound itself still seems fine as far as I can tell. At this point I'm still comfortable with using it for research purposes, but I'm going to start keeping a close eye on it for possible signs of decomposition.

-gp [/B]

I had some some before and i noticed that the inside top, from the glass amber bottle it was stored in, has a dark brown color to it; it is kind of sticky though! I have had it for almost one year back then. and there was a bulid up on the treads. i think that has to do with how much humidity there is in the local where someone lives. Where i live the humidity is only 8 to 20%, in the winter it get up yo 35%.

Last edited:
Ximot,

I'm not sure what to tell you buddy. The miprocin I'm used to was obtained a while back and sounds different than what you have come across as a more recent accquistion. I have never noticed it seem watery or sticky in any manner. It has always been a dry greyish-white powder. Now as I mentioned, the threads on the top of my vial have started to become gunked up with something, but the compound itself still seems fine and doesn't show any of the characteristics you mention. Miprocin is not very water-soluable, so I'm guessing the gunked up vial threads may be the result of tiny amounts of powder building up over time and absorbing moisture.

How much do you trust your source? I'm guessing this is a different batch than what 'originally' was going around since it seems to have different physical characteristics. That or it may be something different? Of course none of us can really answer that question for you.

The only way I could see it lose any weight is if the powder was still holding some solvent from the snyth and the solvent was evaporating still as the compound dried. I obtained a few things in the past that stunk like solvents when I smelled them, so I will make sure they are completely dried by myself before I sample any of them. I was told by the vendor they were freshly synthesized, but it was obvious they didn't allow the product time to properly dry. It shouldn't be watery or sticky though. Like I said, I stored a cap of it at room temp, not even airtight, in the dark for two months with no change in physical appearance, color or state. It was still a potent and dry powder after 8 weeks.

So I don't know what to tell you, although it doesn't sound like the miprocin I am used to seeing. If you are sure nobody is sneaking powder from your stash, something doesn't sound right here. The physical characteristics you describe don't sound right for miprocin either.

Perhaps somebody else who has 'recently' accquired some of this material from the same source can give you better information. It's either a different batch, different stuff or something though. I would question the physical characteristics of it though. The sticky, watery thing doesn't sound right.

Good luck.

-gp

cheers georgiapoppy.

well it was a shot in the dark to ask but where else than in a thread dedicated to the substance ein question ;) ?

'watery' may be stretching it a bit but most definitely sticky (hence, with some water in it, of sorts).

The source - well let's not get into that here I guess. Suffice to say, most likely the batch in question will not be the only one dispensed in the recent past or the near future. It was received a fairly short time ago, and it did have a short delay, though, after being ordered, before it could be provided. It may have been the first of a batch to be delivered (just guessing based on information received).

@justlearning . . . perhaps there is a case of mislabeling going on and it is actually the ACO and not the HO? I dunno. And yes I am sure that no-one nicked any - unless it was indeed all gone into the paper that it had been wrapped in . . . (which would mean it is very absorbent recycled paper...)

--- edit . the material has now been tested @around 12mg and was found to be VERY active at that dose. very steep come-up, pretty straight and even peak, with an almost totally sudden drop to zero at T+4.

Last edited:
georgiapoppy said:
I can't even tell you how many times I've worked with this compound and I've never noticed any problems. Of course everyone is different and may react as such. I've got no reason to 'hide' any side effects or be dishonest about them. I would certainly post here if I noticed any problems myself. The only side effect of significance I've noticed (and it happens with many trytamines for me) is I get some tremors and shaky hands during the peak if I take a good dose. This is insignificant to me compared to 4-OH-DET. That one makes me shake so bad I won't even take it anymore.

However, as far as your nursepractitioner's comments... Of course it's possible that one or more of these compounds has renal toxicity, but she doesn't know that any more than we do and she probably knows less in the case of RC's. Do you really think your nurse practitioner is going to tell you it's ok to take RC's? 8) There have been very few if any controlled studies for most of these compounds, so if your aren't willing to take those risks of essentially taking an experimental drug, you shouldn't be experimenting with them. Plain and simple.

I know the risks. I'm not stupid. When I bought my sample, I did so from a web site and am completely informed that these are not for human consumption. I know that there could be adverse reactions. I'm not complaining about the fact that I DID have an adverse reaction, I'm just putting it out there and asking everyone else if they've ever had a similar experience with 4-ho-mipt. As soon as I had a repeat experience with this chem., I immediately made the dicision to not ingest anymore in the future, and promptly flushed my remaining 900'n'somthin'mg down the toilet. (No one I know around me uses this stuff, or drugs period.)

Nobody knows if/what the long term effects of most of these compounds will be. As Glogg said, if you feel you have problems with this one, don't take it anymore.

I did have probs with this one, and I'm not taking it anymore. It's covered.

How many times have you taken miprocin and has it caused this issue for you most/all of those times?

've taken it 4 times, and the last 2 trials I had this problem.

If this is a one time occurance, it could be many things other than the drug. What other drugs do you use, the frequency, etc. It could be a combination a factors causing this issue.

It's a one-time occurence because I don't use any other drugs. I don't smoke weed. I don't smoke cigarettes. I don't even really drink but once every 2 months. And even when I do it's not more than 4 drinks on average. So I'm pretty sure it was solely caused by 4-ho-mipt. And I'm POSITIVE (not 100% ) that it was 4-ho-mipt and not something else. The 1000mg baggie it came in was labeled as such. UNLESS someone sold me something else fraudulently. Otherwise, in terms of psychedellica experience, I experienced what everyone has in terms of trip reports.

I'm not saying it's a safe compound and renal toxicity isn't possible, but I've eaten an awful lot of miprocin in some pretty high doses (over just a few month period) and never noticed any significant side-effects. If renal toxicity is a real side effect, it likely has a pretty low rate of occurance or I would think more folks would be complaining about it by now.

True. But since the rules of this site state that no identities or companies can be mentioned in this site, then the chance of comparing "dealers" is moot. Point being, we aren't allowed to warn each other of WHO to watch out for and WHO NOT TO BUY FROM. Something that's important for safety's sake, but not realistic on this site.

Many drugs have some serious side effects that are rare or only occur in a low percentage of users. If it consistantly causes this problem for you, DON'T USE IT.

I'M NOT. FOR THE 4TH TIME.

Kind of like sticking your hand in the fire when you know you will get burned. =D

Kinda not, but for someone who would ingest my sample a 3rd, 4th, and more times after having had bouts of moderate to severe lower back pain VERY closely located in the region of the kidneys, yes.

Good luck.

Don't worry. My play with researchables is over. I'll be sticking to "natural" and "tried-and-tested" psychedilics from now on. Chances of me actually using any of such in the future: .....ummmm..about 0%. So I'm safe ;)

-gp

I know you have had a ton of experience with this one, but I know what I experienced, and I'm pretty darn sure that it was 4-ho-mipt. I know it's unbelievable that I had this experience, when practically 98% of the rest who's tried it on here hasn't. But one other person did, so I was searching for more to compare.

Thanks for the info. have a goodin. %)

Last edited:
Re: im sure it was 4-ho-mipt

projump2001 said:
i enjoyed it for the same reasions why people enjoy going into a haunted house or grave yard, its that fear that we all love deep down inside.

after the (extremely spicy) chicken wings i ate today i have to say i can relate to this mentality.

Last edited:
^^^WOW after the chicken wings u ate LOL you must have been hungry BOI!=D =D :p