View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

4-HO-MIPT scraps

Dave Woodmont said:
^^^^

According to The Professor, "4-HO-MIPT discolors quickly if it is not kept in an inert atmosphere and in a freezer." He doesn't say what color it is in its pure form, but I'm 99.99999% sure it should be a white powder, just like psilocin and iprocin (and most organic compounds in general). The grey-blue material that is (or was) around seems pretty potent, though. No idea just how pure it is, but a teeny bit of highly pigmented impurity can go a long way toward discoloring the whole sample.

well the iprocin i had was greyish ( a bit of a different shade than that of my greyish miprocin) and it was just as potent as one would expect

phenethylamine said:
If a FOAF had 20mg of 4-ho-mipt dissolved in water with a drop of HCl, and it had been sitting around for a couple of months unrefrigerated, would there be any concerns about the safety of taking it? The solution would have become totally black.

I'd be inclined not to. I wouldn't take ANY organic compound that sat around in water for two months. All kinds of junk could grow in there ... "organic", and all ... bugs like to eat organic molecules. Most likely the black color is largely due to whatever the highly colored oxidation product is, but I don't know what else might be in there.

I'd suggest to FOAF that he freeze the stuff next time, if possible........

has anyone kept this substance in a freezer dissolved in water?
someone i know did this and reported that it had lost it's potency about a week later when it was consumed which sounds unlikely to me....
anyone?

Last edited:
teetmanike said:
has anyone kept this substance in a freezer dissolved in water?
someone i know did this and reported that it had lost it's potency about a week later when it was consumed which sounds unlikely to me....
anyone?

I can't answer your question for sure regarding stability, but I can tell you it's not very soluable in water. So either it was dissovled in a very large volume of water (relatively speaking), or it's not true...

tap water as far as i know... it was in the water at room tempreture only for a day before it was frozen, so i don't think it makes much of a difference if the water was distilled or not...

for lsd it does, distilled water keeps acid more stable many times longer. I suspect this could be true also for other compounds. One day is not much though. Test with distilled and tap water would be good to have.

Damn, I weep every time I see miprocin, this is the ONE that I wanted soooooo bad and just when I had the chedder to order, every lab was closed.

No shit, on July 22, I was on my way to a certain site, and well, anyways, you know the rest. It made me cry, literally.

I'm overly jealous of you all you that got to taste this one :). Be happy you got it, there may never be another chance...

^^^^^

I'd be more sad at having never tasted iprocin (if you haven't.) Miprocin was too much like mushrooms for me to get real excited about. Iprocin was unique enough to make it interesting in its own right.

Sorry to take the thread off topic but high proof alcohol is a much better storage medium for lsd. (probally RC's too)

lsd degrades in the presence of oxygen and chlorine will destroy it.

Winding Vines said:
^^^^^

I'd be more sad at having never tasted iprocin (if you haven't.) Miprocin was too much like mushrooms for me to get real excited about. Iprocin was unique enough to make it interesting in its own right.

That's weird though, because I LOVE miprocin. However, iprocin never really did a whole lot for me, so I never even really bothered to try it again after the second time. Tried it twice and got off, but nothing to write home about. Kinda boring. The stuff defintiely wasn't a dud either. However, I'm on my 6th or 7th miprocin voyage and they keep getting better.

You know miprocin may seem like mushies at lower dose ranges, but push the doses over the 20mg mark and it's got some quite unique characteristecis. It's an incredible phsychedelic and to me it's much different than mushies. Try a 22-24mg dose and still tell me it resembles mushrooms. ;)

I may be biased, but I'v enever taken miprocin under 20mg unless I was combining it with another agent like DPT. My first miprocin experience was at 20mg and my higest was at 26mg. At 26mg, I was on the verge of losing a grip for a little while, but it was such a unique experience. It's hard to put into words. I've not taken anything that cen even come close to prodcuing the closed eye visuals that miprocin can. On a 20+ mg dose, the body feelings are incredible and you can just close your eyes and it's like you're looking right though your eyelids. Incredible!

Winding Vines said:
^^^^^

I've taken Iprocin twice and Miprocin eight(?) times. I still haven't tried psilocybin mushrooms yet. I'm very interested in comparing the three.

So far I've noticed that with Iprocin, it's much easier for me to experience "ego-loss" type feelings compared to Miprocin. In fact, I've only really felt a hint of ego-loss with Miprocin once. It was only for a minute or so (I think, it's hard to tell).

Iprocin seemed to have more of the "body-trembling" effect commonly seen with many of the 4-position tryptamines. It's almost non-existant for me with Miprocin.

For me Miprocin is noticably more visual...not by much though.

Can anyone else make any comparisons between these 3 substances? They're all very interesting to me.

Last edited:
georgiapoppy said:
That's weird though, because I LOVE miprocin. However, iprocin never really did a whole lot for me, so I never even really bothered to try it again after the second time. Tried it twice and got off, but nothing to write home about. Kinda boring. The stuff defintiely wasn't a dud either. However, I'm on my 6th or 7th miprocin voyage and they keep getting better.

You know miprocin may seem like mushies at lower dose ranges, but push the doses over the 20mg mark and it's got some quite unique characteristecis. It's an incredible phsychedelic and to me it's much different than mushies. Try a 22-24mg dose and still tell me it resembles mushrooms. ;)

I may be biased, but I'v enever taken miprocin under 20mg unless I was combining it with another agent like DPT. My first miprocin experience was at 20mg and my higest was at 26mg. At 26mg, I was on the verge of losing a grip for a little while, but it was such a unique experience. It's hard to put into words. I've not taken anything that cen even come close to prodcuing the closed eye visuals that miprocin can. On a 20+ mg dose, the body feelings are incredible and you can just close your eyes and it's like you're looking right though your eyelids. Incredible!

That's very interesting.

I've shared Iprocin with one other person both times I did it. The first time, the friend I gave it to had a good time. He didn't have much to compare it to since he hasn't tried very many psychedelic drugs. The second time I did it with my gf. She kept on commenting on how it was a "boring" drug. She said the blinds were having more fun than her. I liked it both times though.

As far as Miprocin goes, I always take 20mg. It just seems to be the right dosage. I've taken 30mg one time (15mg with a 15mg booster 30 min. later). It seemed like too much. It was intense and fun, but I see no point in taking that much when 20mg suits me just fine.

One interesting thing I've found with Miprocin is that insufflating 5mg can be interesting. I've tried it twice. It gives me a nice warm, euphoric buzz for about an hour or so. It would be great for sex or something I think.

I've tried various methods of injestion for the 20mg doses as well (smaller doses probably have different effects):

Oral gel cap - takes about 15min for the 1st alert, and about 15 min after that it seems to really start taking effect. No significant nausea.

Oral powder (not sublingual) - takes about 15 minutes to hit you. No significant nausea. My preferred method of injestion.

Sublingual - hold the powder under your tongue for a few minutes until it all goes away, or you can't really taste it any more. First alert in 5 minutes or less. It hits you way too hard and fast. This method gives me some uncomfortable nausea during the first 30 min or so (which is usually the most euphoric part of the trip). The taste of the chemical can come back later on during the trip which is not fun. Not recommended.

Insufflation - it burns, but not as bad as 5-MeO-DMT. The drip lasts for about 30 minutes. Very similar to the sublingual method of injestion. I feel it in 5 minutes, and the beginning of the trip is nauseating instead of euphoric. Not recommended.

I have not tried plugging Miprocin because insufflation and sublingual are too uncomfortable. I'm assuming it will be similar.

I don't really have the desire to smoke it ever.

Originally posted by Juggalotus
No shit, on July 22, I was on my way to a certain site, and well, anyways, you know the rest. It made me cry, literally.

Nearly the same thing happened to me. I had finally saved up enough cash to stock up on everything I wanted and...:X

Last edited:
Originally posted by georgiapoppy
That's weird. I didn't notice ANYTHING dark or difficult about this compound. At least at a 20mg dose. On the contrary, it was very positive and pleasant to say the least. I have already weighed out another cap at 26mg for my next dose on Fri or Sat.

I'm not talking sources here, but if you suspect your supply had been cut, can you even trust that it really even contains any 4-OH-MiPT? It sounds very different from my experience.

Anyway, I will post either a more detailed explanation or a trip report of my 26mg experience once I give it another taste this coming weekend. I'm really looking forward to trying it again.

Take care

-gp

I think any kind of "dark Thoughts" is merely a point of view; life experience, (I read that; there for it must produce these kinds of thoughts). placebo Ring a bell!

I never get Dark thoughts! I also never watch scary movies nor belive/live that side of life. Then again i affirmative what i want out of a trip, beforehand. Set and settings is a must!

My reality / Dream is not the same as yours

justlearning said:
I think any kind of "dark Thoughts" is merely a point of view; life experience, (I read that; there for it must produce these kinds of thoughts). placebo Ring a bell!

I never get Dark thoughts! I also never watch scary movies nor belive/live that side of life. Then again i affirmative what i want out of a trip, beforehand. Set and settings is a must!

My reality / Dream is not the same as yours

With psychedliecs in general, I agree with the comments above. Set/setting are the most important determining factors to whether or not there's any 'dark' overtone or not. And this one's no exception. I can put on some 'dark' music and induce the feeling. However, I do think I posted follow up comments later in this thread about that fact that I do find dark orvertones on miprocin, but only when I push the doses really high. This is even when set/setting are NOT dark.

My sweet spot with miprocin is around 20mg and I don't get or think I've ever had dark feelings at this level. But you give me 26-30mg and it gets a dark overtone easily during the peak. Everytime I've tried the higher levels, it goes dark, regarless of set/setting. Personally I just think it's a property of the chemical when used at high levels(as a result of the sheer intensity), so these days I prefer to stay in the 20-22mg range instead. It's a much more enjoyable experience this way.

With the same music/set/setting as I always do, my last high dose (28mg with no tolerance) expererience confirmed this for me yet again. The entire trip was dark with thoughts of bad people, paranoia, I'm not going to get into details, but it was so real. I just don't think this chemical was meant to be experienced at this type of dosage. At least for me, I do much better staying 22mg and under. I've done acid at ridiculous levels when I was still in school (years ago), but it never had a dark overtone like this.

So yes, I feel set/setting are important. But I also feel dosage level (assuming no tolerance) is also important. I simply think this stuff turns 'dark' when you dose it too heavy. However, it's a great chemical and I do love it. I've even dosed it twice while in pretty heavy opiate WD and it was a very cleansing experience with the chemical being very forgiving. Of course this was at about the 20mg level.

I've learned my lessons with it and I just keep it at 22mg (max) or lower these days and everything is fine. No dark overtones at this level for me unless I try to induce it (music, etc). It also 'feels' much better at 20mg and under in my opinion. It doesn't 'feel' physically unsafe at high levels to me, but it becomes too mentally challenging to deal with these days when I try to take 26-28mg of it. It's just too draining at high levels. Maybe I'm just getting too old to have my ass-kicked that bad. I enjoy a good ass-kicking as much as the next person, but I don't need something that mentally challening at the high levels. This compound is much more pleasant when you keep it lower. My most memorable and life-changing trips were all 20mg or below.

So this isn't a dick-sizing thread. I've tried the higher levels multiple times and it's always turned dark on me. At lower levels, I've still had some experiences that were nothing short of miraculous during the peak. It's simply an incredible chemical. =D I find no need to push the doses any longer. It's counterproductive with this chem to go too high im my opinoin.

I've experimented with this one enough to feel pretty confident in stating the dark overtones are dose-related and occur when you go too high. At least for me. And the doses I mention above are with no tolerance. Somebody with a heavy tolerance or who has been tripping too much can handle 28mg and not get dark overtones. Eating this type of dose with no tolerance has always been a dark experienece for me though. It simply gets too intense at the peak and the intensity is 'rerouted' into darkness in my opinion.

Last edited:
I understand now.

I was wondering; Are these dark thoughts, just maybe, are caused by taking of such a high dose?

That in the back of the mind your thinking> oops i think i took to much? than a fear factor hits you wich my trigger, what you described?

I'm sure that the type of music and or lyric content, could also trigger these paranoid thoughts too? Such as lisening to music wich uses try-tones ect...

Any Who, Take care

justlearning said:
I understand now.

I was wondering; Are these dark thoughts, just maybe, are caused by taking of such a high dose?

That in the back of the mind your thinking> oops i think i took to much? than a fear factor hits you wich my trigger, what you described?

I'm sure that the type of music and or lyric content, could also trigger these paranoid thoughts too? Such as lisening to music wich uses try-tones ect...

Any Who, Take care

I think the dark thoughts are themselves a side effect of high doses, not set/setting in any manner (at least in my experience). The one time I was on the verge of losing a grip and all of my thoughts were of just pure evil and really bad people. My set/setting and even my music was the same as usual and happy. I went into the trip with a very positive outlook on these occaisions, but it was always overpowered by darkness. I feel the darkness is dose-related.

I'm not saying you couldn't have a dark trip at a lower dose and that set/setting couldn't induce one. However, ALL of my high dose expereiments have turned out this way when there were no set/setting or other reasons (than dose-related) for it to occur.

I could be completely wrong here, but I've eaten this chemical more than any other one (about 12 times now) so I feel pretty comfortable with my comments. Four of these times have been high dose resulting in dark trips and the other eight were all fine and happy at 20-22mg. So it's not completely sure scientific data, but I do believe it to be true from my experiences. Two of my experiences at the 20mg range were even done while I was in pretty heavy opiate WD and there was still nothing negative or dark about them even. Actually, they were very positive I'm not advocating the use of phsychedelics while in heavy WD from other drugs. Just stating that even that, didn't turn a 20mg miprocin trip 'bad' on me.

BTW, I'm not trying to say 20-22mg of miprocin ISN'T a high dose, because it is still extremely intense at this level and likely too strong for many even at 20mg. I just didn't want what I said taken out of context that 20-22mg of miprocin is 'normal' and 28-30mg is high.

Like I said, a bad set/setting and dark music could surely induce it at lower doses as well, but I think if you dose (without a tolerance) in the upper 'known' (28-30mg) range, you're looking for this to happen based on the dose. This chemical still always felt safe to me physically at those higher doses and I never felt in danger, but damn it becomes real hard to deal with mentally. The stuff starts to fuck with your head REAL hard. It's just too much for my psychedelic battered brain to deal with these days. I'll stay at the 20-22mg doses.

As far as tryptamines go, this one is my favorite without a doubt. And I've tried most of the previously available ones. However, I'm also a big fan of 2cd and some of the more 'light-hearted' phenethylamine compounds. Don't get me wrong, because in the right dose 2cd can have the intensity and depth of 2ce, but the ego-loss and head-trip is getting a little old for someone my age. I can take a dose of 2cd that completely whacks me like 2ce, but not have to deal with the mindfuck that miprocin would cause at high doses.

Just my opinion though. Like I said, I do love this compound, but I think I'm done trying to explore the upper dose ranges with it. It's just not worth it to me any longer because the mindfuck is too much. 20-22mg provides for quite an excursion without any negative effects for me.

Regards

-gp

Last edited:
Thanks for replying!
I supose there will always be that fear in the back of ones mind, imprinted form ones past teachings, that high doses of said substance will unleash.

I too like 4-HO-MIPT; but the most i have done is 18mg, intence but manageable.
2C-E @ 20mg my first time produced a +4
so i stay @ 16mg now. Unfortunately i havent been able to find anything
since last july. I am glad i had a chance to sample these teachers though.
cheers