• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DOI scraps

I know the dose was quite a bit higher than a typical dose, but I wanted an intense, long trip. I figured there would be very little danger with that amount. Others have takan that much or more. I know people have taken as much as 15mg with no problems. I may be wrong, but I think amounts under 10mg are unlikely to cause problems, other than being unable to sleep for a long time.

I also expected DOI to produce a weaker trip than 2c-e or 4-ho-mipt so I took 6.5mg instead of starting low. I wanted an intense trip. The trip was much more intense than I expected, I was pleasantly surprised. I did have a very good trip and just minor side effect so I will likely do it again. I may take it up to 7.5 or 8mg but also try it at the 3-5mg range.

The 8mg dose with valium and poppies caused a much weaker trip. There was a lot of tolerance from the last dose, it was probably less than 20 hours after the slifgt afer effects from the first dose wore off. I thought the tolerance would make it a lot weaker and I was right. It was probably less than half as intense as first trip, and no side effects.

There were some people who snorted around 80mg of DOB(I think it was DOB but it may have been anothe DO*) they were hospitalized but I think they all survived. This is on erowid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha, dayum, looks like you had a good time, and if your getting DOC soon, well shit if you love DOI, you'll REALLY LOVE DOC! :)

DOI + 2C-E is very nice also DOI + 2C-C, with DOC though, I find its so wonderful on its own I can't even imagine wanting to mix anything with it!

When you start out with DOC definitely try it on its own i think you'll be pleasantly suprised :). Also DOC has the least side effects of them all, DOB being the worst (causing all that vasoconstriction etc) DOI hardly affects me physically but DOC is something like 2C-C on the body, but like acid in the head, seems like on DOC I could take a massively high dose, and it would be 'safe' like LSD, way less physical and more cosmic - 'out there'.

I finally got one of my copies of Ram Dass - Be Here Now back, and we're going to get a scanner so i'll rip out each page/scan it, and put it up online for all the trippers to read for free :). (the middle brown part.. )

Last edited:
Tryptamine*Dreamer said:
I know the dose was quite a bit higher than a typical dose, but I wanted an intense, long trip. I figured there would be very little danger with that amount. Others have takan that much or more. I know people have taken as much as 15mg with no problems. I may be wrong, but I think amounts under 10mg are unlikely to cause problems, other than being unable to sleep for a long time.

I also expected DOI to produce a weaker trip than 2c-e or 4-ho-mipt so I took 6.5mg instead of starting low. I wanted an intense trip. The trip was much more intense than I expected, I was pleasantly surprised. I did have a very good trip and just minor side effect so I will likely do it again. I may take it up to 7.5 or 8mg but also try it at the 3-5mg range.

The 8mg dose with valium and poppies caused a much weaker trip. There was a lot of tolerance from the last dose, it was probably less than 20 hours after the slifgt afer effects from the first dose wore off. I thought the tolerance would make it a lot weaker and I was right. It was probably less than half as intense as first trip, and no side effects.

There were some people who snorted around 80mg of DOB(I think it was DOB but it may have been anothe DO*) they were hospitalized but I think they all survived. This is on erowid.

There was also a couple who snorted about 80mg DOB in PiHKAL (thinking it was MDA). Both went into convulsions and lost consciousness after a couple of hours; the male went into a coma for several weeks, while the female died soon after passing out..

I'm going to note too that individual dose titration for this drug seems like a must... Like the ALEPHs, I've found some people react to a small amount very strongly, while others just get a little stimulated.

Last edited:
I am having another DOI trip now.Not sure of dose, it was split into multiple doses but probably 8-10mg. Some insufflated.

It has been the most euphoric day of my life. I can feel energy all around me, pouring into my body.

I had an experience earlier, out of body. It was very weird. I felt pure joy and terror at the same time. I was on the edge to an entrance to a hellish place. There were 2 cartoon characters from tv I watced as a kid, helping me not to go to that place.

Right now I am giggling for no reason. DOI is great, and has the same kind of depth as 2c-e/p or 4-ho-mipt, maybe even better. It is different though.

I wish I had a few grams of it. Then I'd be trippin' for at least a year. I can't wait to mix DOI with 2c-p or 2c-e. I haven't got anymore of those, but I bet it would be a really good combo.

DOI comments

this isnt really a trip report so i figured i put it here. where the fuck else would it go?

This trip happened about 3 months ago and i just now thought i would post to see if anyone shared the same type of trip.
anyway when i dissovled 25mg into 25ml of water i decided to start with 3mg, because i dont really know it sounded good, i didnt want my first time to be dull. It took about 3hrs to 2 1/2 hrs to kick in, i remember the first on set clearly. I was laying in bed bumpin some Mike Doughty (lead singer from soul coughing) when it began to take hold. I ended up playin this cd over 12 times during the trip curled in a blanket, watching my ceiling morph and move around and strange shit like that. my vision got blurry, i went for a smoke, i started dry heaving and then puking. on the comedown i felt pains on the inside of my tighs and other minor muscle pains which i did not get on DOC. I guess my point of the post was to see if anyone else found themsevles doing the same thing over and over on DOI. DOC did not seem to be the case. I just wanted to share something about DOI without writing a trip report because i did start to take notes but about t+430 into the trip i cant really remember what happened, i remember thinking alot about the past though not much thought about the future. can anyone else share something odd about a DOI trip or relate in anyway? oh ya and i dont see the point of dosing DOI when there is DOC around. anyone else feel the same?

For me, DOI is definitely longer and rougher than DOC. YMMV, though. A lot of the older DOI was supposed to be weaker than recent stuff.

Last edited:
Too bad I ordered only 100mg of DOI, now that I have a new supplier I could have ordered twice as much for almost the same price....BUT when I get this which should be by the end of July I plan on putting doses on altoids, both sides.
What I need to figure out is how many drops from an eye dropper equals 1ml and how many mg I can put into that one ml. IF I decided to let some friends try it, what dosage would sound reasonable for a taste of the chemical? Is 5mg a hard, long, and very visual trip?

A "drop" is not a consistent form of volume measurement. Trying to get 1mL per drop is a risky endeavor indeed with something as potent as DOI. Why do you feel the need to put it on Altoids? It's much safer to just keep it in solution at 1mL=1mg and dose it that way, with a syringe that measures milliliters.

And also, 5mg is a very high dose of DOI. Taking that much is not unreasonable, but taking that much for your first time definitely is, because you don't know how you'll react.

Well....I wouldn't take 5mg at first, clearly. I would want to put them on altoids for more easy dosing, even though dripping seems easy. I do not have a syringe with ml, though I can probably obtain one. I can reprhase my question, can a dose of 1-3mg DOI fit on an altoid? Thank you for a quick reply :p

yes it would fit. I've even heard of people fitting 2mg of similar chemicals on tiny blotter squares- Psilo has a DOC trip report with it.

Just Make Damn Sure You Label Those Altoids Goddamnit!
Technically, you've just poisoned them, and you sure don't need a younger sibling/drunk friend/inquisitive parent sampling a massive overdose.

Instead of measuring by drops I would advice to carefully place some powder on your middlefingertip and move it slightly up and down while connecting to your internal weightreference standards,that way you can easily say the difference between say 1mg or 3mg.

Seriously,we were teached in school that one drop equals about 50mg-I once checked this out,boy you can be off by several 100%'s!

That's too many drops to put on an altoid, or blotter. I know I've seen the solubility for DOI somewhere. Without putting ALL of the 100mg, or even 50mg. How many mg can dissolve in one ml?

I would guess >250mg is possible to dissolve in one ml.

Yes, but the point is, be DAMN careful doing that. If you plan on dissolving 100mg in one mL, and then dosing out with drops... the margin for error is tremendous. With a "drop" equalling (using nuke's approximation) 15-40 drops.... one could either be 2.5mg per drop to a whopping 7mg! It would a far, far safer idea to just dissolve 100mg in 100mL of liquid, or 50mL, or some other known quantity, and dose out with 99% accuracy from then on. DOC is a special chemical, and all we need is for someone to overdose. Although honestly its potential for physical overdose seems very low as well.

Yes,think mental overdose.And he wants to dose others ( "IF I decided to let some friends try it,") !!!

Hmmm.....how about I get my ml beaker. Fill it up to 1ml, use the same dropper for dropping the doses, and drip untill there is no more liquid. Is this ineffective or is the 1ml exactly consistant with the amount of drips with the same dropper?

If you drip the whole ml then its completely effective, as you aren't using the drops to measure anything at all. Also, you'll probably want a graduated cylinder, not a beaker.