• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DPT redundancies (and an awful lot about syringes and shooting up!)

---
> And the question in which I responded was, is DPT like DMT
---
I don't recall asking that. Glog answered my question.
---
Namaste,
Cliff

heh, sounds quite overwhelming to me... why would you push it if 25mg was enough to trip to the point that it was hard to control?

Hardcore tripper I guess, for me 25 mg was still controllable(up to some point) enough not to get freaked out, I think this comes from enough experience, I think(/know) that I would have severely freaked out from the drip/shudders/sudden imagery, and the mental effects were quite rough too, this all combined with a little nausea(from that terrible drip, that is one hell of a chemical taste...) would have been enough to make me run for the tranquilizers a few years back.

Now I felt like the substance was persuading me to do more, even minutes after it had started, and the trip had not yet begun completely, I could feel the push to do more, when I did some nitrous and my entire visual field was filled with all these colours, I could feel that this was more to my liking. I am sure I will start with 35mg next time, and tilt my head forward a bit, and not trying to get the stuff out of my nose by hacking it into the back of my throat, which started the terrible drip in the first place. I almost puked 2 times during come-up, and am sure that if the drip gets any worse, I will throw up quite violently. But I don`t really care if that`s what it takes to have entity-contact/spiritual enlightenment/or just a damn good time.

My first ever trip(shrooms) was a bad trip, it taught me to choose set and setting more wisely, instead of turning me away from psychedelics, it also made me learn the hard way to research before you get yourself into something unstoppable...

actually, I did a freebase hit in my friends car and saw all of the streetsigns with large blackout squares over them like when they are doing construction... but my friends assured me there were no such signs... and I kept insisting that we had missed "the exit"

it should be noted that we hadn't left the driveway yet...

DPT can be seriously potent and WILL take you by suprise... be very careful with it, please.

no euphoria at all??,,, you must really suck at "breaking through" with psychadelics,,,i've done high doses of this drug multiple times, and for the most part, it was very rewarding,,if you would just meditate and listen to soothing music, you will experience higher brain activity, and a clensing of the soul

Ever chewed kava? Quite similar to that, even by taste. I've snorted it twice, and well, I learned my lesson the first time around.

Do we know anything about how DPT works in the brain? Does it act similarly to LSD / psilocybin?

Also, why is it that DPT tends to be much cheaper than research chemicals like 2C-I and 2C-E online?

Someone suggested (http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=126732&r=10) that it is because DPT's dosage is much higher than that of other substances, but from what I've read it's typical insuffalated dosage is not too much higher than that of oral 2C-I, for example.

Thanks.

Ketamine. Some opiates will work, but get ready to inject solutions. An assload of binders and crap in your muscle is never good.

I really don't like the idea of poking myself with a needle. So I guess I won't be trying DPT anytime soon. Isn't it pretty easy to fuck yourself up bad by sticking a needle with chemical in your arm/leg/etc??

Isn't it pretty easy to fuck yourself up bad by sticking a needle with chemical in your arm/leg/etc??

No. Not if you're very sanitary and do it right. Doctors use the IM method all the time to put drugs in people. Sure, there's risks - but no worse than the risks associated with eating unresearched chemicals. As long as you use a new, sterile syringe every time, filter the solution, and do the injection right, there's really not much to worry about - what exactly do you mean by "fuck yourself up bad"?

Infection for the most part, heart attack, etc. I have a feeling that I will be really sensitive to DPT, as I am highly sensitive to most tryptamines, as opposed to phens.

Infection is a risk, that's why you use sterile equipment and filter your DPT. I haven't heard of anyone that's done it right getting an infection, and there are quite a few people on here that use this method, so I don't think it's too much to worry about.
Sticking a needle in you certainly isn't going to cause a heart attack though! If you're referring to the DPT causing you a heart attack, that's different... but the IM method wouldn't make DPT any more dangerous than insufflating it or taking it orally.

^^^^ Exactly... like I said, it's very safe if you do everything right.

Hey just wondering, if IVing triples the potency why don't people just do that instead of IMing?

im / iv just doesn't seem necessary (to me) except for economy I suppose. plus needles are scary for wimps

Well, you won't really know unless you try it - many who have tried both IM and insufflating say they definitely prefer the experience you get from IM'ing. It's known to be "smoother", more consistent, AND you can use less.

Necessary? Maybe not... Better? IMO, yes.

If you choose not to use needles, that's your choice of course - but there's no reason to be scared of them. It didn't hurt in the slightest, and I was pissed that I hadn't done it MUCH earlier - there are so many things I could have used more efficiently in the past by IM'ing them. (K, liquid valium, etc)