• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

4-aco-dmt redundancies

well it really varies dramatically from person to person.I've seen someone fine on 30mg and I've seen someone have a melt down on 14mg.Same with mushrooms really:\

Yeah but shouldn't the dosageof 4-AcO-DMT coorelate a bit more with psilocin dosages?
3.5g of Cubensis mushrooms have very obvious effects on me, and it seems most people were comparing 15mg of 4-AcO-DMT to that dosage. I'd say the trip I had last night compared to about 1.5-2g of Cubensis mushrooms.

I only have around 10mg left (it's easy to lose a lot of this stuff. It sticks to everything so it's impossible to recover all of it). Considering the effects I had last time do you think it would be reasonable to snort the whole 10mg?

samadhi_smiles said:
15 is a small dose, really? I've heard 15mg for some can be overwhelming comparing or exceeding an eigth of mushrooms.

Well, it doesn't correlate exactly because some mushrooms are stronger than others, but if 15 compares to an eighth, then you've got weak shrooms. I am not particularly hardheaded with any psychedelics.

If you calculate the amount of psilocin in an average eighth of cubensis, it comes out to somewhere around 15 mg, which is equivalent to 23 mg psilocetin fumarate. That's a rough calculation. I'd expect for most people, 15 mg would not be that strong. There's no dosage curve that's going to fit everyone perfectly though, some are more sensitive than others. And some prefer trips of higher or lower intensities.

Last edited:
Yes, that makes sense, of course.

Comparing it to 4-ho-dmt is more accurate...so if someone has done 4-ho-dmt and never 4-aco-dmt they can make an accurate comparison. 10mg of 4-ho-dmt should equal ~15mg of 4-aco-dmt (10mg 4-ho-dmt was a fairly powerful experience for this person, but he also thinks he is sensitive to this chemical). So this person is planning a 15mg 4-aco-dmt experience and figuring it will probably be as intense (perhaps a more gradual transition?).

I think you'll really enjoy 4-AcO-DMT... smoother and slower is definitely a good way to describe it. It's not nearly as jarring as mushrooms, and seems to contain the same approximate potential, and has the additional benefit of being more physically pleasurable.

In my limited experience, I'd say it was more fun, and almost as profound, but it lacked that absolute profundity that mushrooms have provided me with. Then again, I've only tripped on it once, so my opinion could totally fly out the window next time I use it.

samadhi_smiles said:
the basic structure of what I was last looking at (a window and clouds[/b]

mhmmh, very familar that, with most any psychedelics. windows and clouds, then closing the eyes. havn't had this "i wonder if my eyes are closed or open" with most psy's though, unless I was really on the ego-loss threshold and beyond. sorry for not being 4-aco-dmt specific but your description above made me tick.

Glad you liked it! :)

I'll be trying it out again this evening, probably at 25mg. Fortunately for me, I love long-lasting psychedelics when the trip is pleasant, which it is with this one ;)

I don't think it's strange. Some people have life-transforming experiences from less than 2g mushrooms, while others state that taking less than 5g is a waste of time.

I'll shortly be posting a trip report on this... for now, suffice to say that the void is a lonely, terribly ironic place.

^^^ thats what I am talking about. Being wisked away into a visionary reality that is 100% immersive. Forget about breathing walls and tracers, I mean complete other realities. Perhaps I have just been dosing too low with things like mushrooms. I think laying down in pitch darkness had something to do it too. I have never before tripped in total darkness just laying down. I think I learned a great deal about how to control my emotions and keep from 'losing it'. The breath is the key. I don't know if its possible to freak out and have an anxiety attack while at the same time have calm, slow, rhythmic deep breathing.

If I can get this same intensity with 4-AcO-DMT but with less of the physical discomfort of ayahuasca (which likely triggers much of the emotional anxiety), I will be very happy. By many of the reports in this thread it seems many are having exactly this result with 4-AcO-DMT.

I'm reminded of how the Shaman on trip explained previous psychedelic experience in preparation to the first ayahuaca ceremony: Its like going to the airport repeatedly but never getting on a plane. There are all these destinations one can go to, but we mistakenly confuse the waiting lounge for the destination and think thats all there is. I found this to be very accurate analogy, (for me anyway) and I can't wait to take my next flight : )

Keep the reports coming. This compound is truly first class.