• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

4-aco-dmt redundancies

fizzacyst said:
What WAS fucked up, is that even after snorting the stuff I didn't notice too much until about 40 min or so. I'll also say that out of everything I've snorted, this was one of the most tolerable. No burn. It did have that wierd taste, but even that wasn't all that bad. I could have held it under my toungue if I wanted.

The main reason for insufflation was to try and get shorter experience, test the waters out. My opportunities for major trips in the beautiful hills are limited these days, and I'll have an opportunity to do so with friends within a month. I wanted to see if this drug was worthy of that (I can't waste these experiences with inferior drugs), and I also will probably give doses away to any of this group who wants it, and need to be able to give them first hand info.

Does that help?
If you have a specific question, I can try to go into more detail.

If SWIY wants a "shorter experience" SWIY should inject it I.V. type dosage for MUCH faster onset and shorter duration. Insuffilation made SWIM trip balls and the peak didn't happen for ~1.5-2 hours but this could have been because of having eaten recently (all the blood was in the stomach not brain).

SWIM Recommended trying ~18mg IV as when SWIM did 7mg (after taking 6 days off from binge'n on psilocetin) the experience was VERY intense and onset was 1minute and only lasted 3 hours.

I felt a slight sedation but at the same time there was a pushiness concentrated on my right leg. I just kept moving it in synchronicity with the music I was playing. It felt good though and was nothing compared to the "extra energy" some rcs give me.

dmt mule.....any update on your experiment?

Have you taken psilacetin nasally and orally or at all? Have you taken similar substituted drugs by both routes so that you can make a first hand comparison, or are you just guessing here based on what you've read and discussed?

I've not taken psilacetin at all, though I do look foward to trying it as soon as time permits. With regard to trying 4-substituted tryptamines via insufflation...I have smoked 4-Ho-DET but not insufflated any of them. Smoking 4-Ho-DET did not really change the nature of the trip...it just came on faster. But if felt like it was 'missing something' in the same way that snorting 2C-T-7 produced the intense visuals...but none of the emotional or entheogenic effects I seek.

But really, I make those comments based on my rigid thinking that if it works well orally, don't fuck with it.

morninggloryseed said:
I've not taken psilacetin at all, though I do look foward to trying it as soon as time permits. With regard to trying 4-substituted tryptamines via insufflation...I have smoked 4-Ho-DET but not insufflated any of them. Smoking 4-Ho-DET did not really change the nature of the trip...it just came on faster. But if felt like it was 'missing something' in the same way that snorting 2C-T-7 produced the intense visuals...but none of the emotional or entheogenic effects I seek.

But really, I make those comments based on my rigid thinking that if it works well orally, don't fuck with it.

gotcha. I feel the same way, except regarding IV psychedelics. I just don't get it. But to each their own.

I assume that you will... but try very hard to take this outside. All of you. I feel very strongly about this. I didn't care all that much for the trip (was spent mostly indoors), but I nearly cried seeing the sunset in the pink sky, over lush green hills in the distance behind a lot of broken sedimentary rock. The view was amazing, and I walk down this way nearly every day and don't think too much about it.

^^I second that ... get outside, watch a sunset. That's what I did and it was truely beyond words.

fizzacyst said:
gotcha. I feel the same way, except regarding IV psychedelics. I just don't get it. But to each their own.

I assume that you will... but try very hard to take this outside. All of you. I feel very strongly about this. I didn't care all that much for the trip (was spent mostly indoors), but I nearly cried seeing the sunset in the pink sky, over lush green hills in the distance behind a lot of broken sedimentary rock. The view was amazing, and I walk down this way nearly every day and don't think too much about it.

What about IV DMT? That seems like one of the best methods IMO, the same method implemented in Strassmans studies at the university of New Mexico. I know DMT and 4-aco-dmt are not the same but they are similar so I dont see what the problem would be with injecting 4-aco-dmt.

blue)dolphin said:
All this talk about which way gives you the best "rush" is stupid. Why don't you just smoke some crack?.

SWIM has never ever done "crack" or injected "heroin" (althogh SWIM is experienced in the differences of digestion vs insuffilation of Phenethylamines and Tryptamines (5-meo-dipt, 5-meo-dmt, 4-aco-dmt, 2c-e, 2c-t-2, 2c-p, AMT, 5-meo-amt, di-acetyl-morhpine, hydrocodone, oxycodone, morphine, methadone, etc)
SWIM has already said too much....8o

DivineMomenT said:
What about IV DMT? That seems like one of the best methods IMO, the same method implemented in Strassmans studies at the university of New Mexico. I know DMT and 4-aco-dmt are not the same but they are similar so I dont see what the problem would be with injecting 4-aco-dmt.

I'm not into IVing stuff (have had quickly administered opiates and diazepam in hospital though). But even if I were, I wouldn't be into shooting psychedelics. DMT was administered through a controlled IV solution in those trials because thats the easiest way of know how much they were getting how fast. Far more scientific than smoking a bowl.

I know some are into it, its just not my thing.

I recently took 4-aco-*DMT* at a TooL. concert... OH MY GOD..!!

a "low dose" (20mg, for me, usually i need much much more), when it kicked in.. it was as if i had taken DMT + maoi orally... same visuals.. clear head.. fluidity of motion.. wow..

it was *PERFECT* for.. TooL :)

-- During the song Rosetta Stoned, they had all the lasers and shit pointed at the screen.. which showed aliens, the planetary systems, and quickly flashing images, one of which was "2012", the pyramids, and.. and..

TooL knows whats up.. ;)

Before the last couple songs, they stopped, took a break, lights on on the stage, they all just sat and smoked a cig.. chillin.. everybody holding up their lighters.. if TooL is coming near you anytime soon, OH YOU MUST GO.. i've NEVER seen quite a show like that!

I bought a huge poster (and a couple shirts), for 10,000 days, alex grey design, oh man.. on the right side.. (my own perception of this anyway..) looks like the humans side where we're at now, and all the infinite inner universes.. the other side.. showing "post-singularity" (lack of better words..)... excellent..

I've never read of anyone saying this before, but its always been clear to me, DMT hyperspace is like looking at the universe within...

The 2-dimentional elves, the language, the.. all clear to me.. more primitive.. hard at work.. if a post-human were to take the equivalent of DMT in uh.. the post-human world, they'd be lookin back at us, after we've reached our singularity coming up *2012*

Last edited:
I started reading this thread hoping that that would be the opinion of all experimenters from the beginning: that 4-AcO-DMT causes DMT + MAO type effects, but longer. From reading ALL the posts that express any bioactivity, I have to assess that your experience was affected by set and setting. Sounded completely fucking sweet, by the way.

As I have never had a negative body issue with Shrooms, 4-AcO-DMT seems almost pointless. Especially when nothing can really compare to DMT and MAO; that combo does not wear the crown, it is the crown.

At this point, 2C-D seems to me more interesting.

Yesterday I had my first trial with this compound. Since 4-AcO-DMT is still very new and first hand accounts are lacking I thought I would post my experience.

The dosage was in capsule form on a mostly empty stomach and was estimated to be between 8-12mg (measured with an ‘American Weigh DIA-10’ milligram scale, not the most accurate in my experience.). I wanted to see how this would compare to a low dose of mushrooms (1-1.5g) and also other RC’s like 2C-I and 2C-T-2 in the same dose range. This was my first ‘trip’ in 2 weeks and my third in the last month.

Within 30 minutes I was definitely starting to feel it. I felt sedated and decided to lay down for the come-up. I seem to feel the urge to lay down at the beginning of many of my trips so this was not out of the ordinary. The come-up was faster and more intense than I expected and at this point I was somewhat regretting taking the substance (I often have similar thoughts at the start of trips). The visual distortions were similar to mushrooms but seemed a bit more ‘digital’ if that makes sense with trailing and also ‘digital/glitchy’ audio hallucinations.

After lying like this for about 20 minutes, I decided to get up to put some music on. I also noticed mild time distortion at this point. I put on the album ‘Takk’ by Sigur Ros and listened to this album from track 3 to the finish. I like to listen to this album during trips as I find it helps put me in a positive, introspective mood and the lack of English lyrics allows me to feel the emotions of the vocals, without the actual words having an impact. I found the music to be enhanced and very clear, similar to, but not better than an equivalent low dose of shrooms.

While tripping on mushrooms I can see complex fractal artwork with 3D-texture morphing from the marks on my kitchen floor. For example I may see dozens of couples embracing (like Hindu Tantric artwork) but this makes up one large picture etc. With 4-AcO-DMT I had a similar effect but it wasn’t quite as obvious and this time I saw what seemed to be an image of a ‘demon’ instead of something more uplifting. The thought came to my mind to try to consciously generate the feeling of ‘love’. I think on a very high dose of psilacetin (or anything else for that matter) when you get in any trouble (the ego is threatened, the world is dissolving around you etc) the key is to self-generate positive emotion and you will be fine. Perhaps this is obvious but seemed like an important insight, perhaps in preparation for higher doses.

Anyway the most remarkable thing about the experience was the brevity of it. In just slightly more than 2.5 hours after ingesting the capsule I was nearly back to baseline! I have noticed this with low dose shrooms recently as well. I plan to try a higher dose (my first in a long time) shortly so I’ll have to see how that affects the length of the trip.

In my opinion, of the RC’s I’ve tried so far (2C-T-2, 2C-I), psilacetin is the best by far. Better visual and mental effects with the least side effects. I think this is about as close to pure synthetic psilocin/psilocybin as any RC could be. There were subtle differences from mushrooms apparent even at this low dose, but I would expect that if I had pure psilocin/psilocybin it would also be subtly different as well. Wikipedia states: “In the body 4-acetylpsilocin is evidently rapidly desacetylated to psilocin by acetylases and therefore has identical pharmacological properties to psilocin.”. At this point I would tend to agree with that assertion.

With that in mind could it also be assumed that psilacetin has a similar safety profile/therapeutic index as Psilocin/Psilocybin? These were found to be quite safe during research in the 60’s (not to mention thousands of years of human use). It certainly feels very ‘safe’. If so, this is a major benefit. With most RC’s the long-term effects and LD 50’s are largely unknown and we don’t find out until someone does something stupid...

Please consider posting this in the Trip Reports section, and also on Erowid, seeing as how there are so few reports. In fact, everyone with a report, whether it's an introductory experience or not, should submit them to erowid. If you don't want to, PM me and I'll do it and make sure it gets published.

e1evene1even's report has been submitted to Erowid for review, and then was reviewed by me. If anyone else has a report on this substance, however small, I encourage you to submit it, or let me submit it for you, and also let me know because I will review it. Since this is a new substance, very little data exists, and your reports can be some of the first published.

^You know I respect your opinion; so, if I am in fact wrong, that will be good. Meaning: I will find pleasant surprise where I thought I wouldn't. But still, the illusive 2C-D has me mez meri zed.

SO does anyone know if psilacetin has a similar safety profile/therapeutic index as Psilocin/Psilocybin? My semi-educated guess would be yes...

I am also curious (but without sarcasm) as to how this one compares to DOC which I have yet to try. I'm sure they are quite different, but both seem to be 'easy' on the body, have great visuals and not too 'pushy', so someone who likes DOC would probably like psilacetin and vice versa. Personally, I have higher expectations for DOC though, but after reading that gigantic Big and Dandy thread, its not hard to see why.

e1evene1even said:
SO does anyone know if psilacetin has a similar safety profile/therapeutic index as Psilocin/Psilocybin? My semi-educated guess would be yes...

I am also curious (but without sarcasm) as to how this one compares to DOC which I have yet to try. I'm sure they are quite different, but both seem to be 'easy' on the body, have great visuals and not too 'pushy', so someone who likes DOC would probably like psilacetin and vice versa. Personally, I have higher expectations for DOC though, but after reading that gigantic Big and Dandy thread, its not hard to see why.

Hehe... cute ;)

(And no, no one know the safety profile of Psilacetyl. For all we know it could be a lethal poison (though it appears that most people who took it are still alive, hehe). It is all done through predictions based on chemical similarity. But things like 5-MeO-DET and the Pyrrolidin-substituted tryptamines (I probably spelled it wrong) show just how unreliable that is.)

I agree... 2C-D is absolutely gorgeous. I had no idea! And I haven't even tried a full dose yet.

Just recieved a sample of 30mg of 4-AcO-DMT. I will test it out sometime and let everyone know how it goes. I also recieved 30mg of 4-ho-mipt :)

What is a proper starting dose for aco-dmt? I'm going to reread the whole thread again for safe measures.