Gallery Guidelines and FAQ - Come here for all your Gallery questions.

Beatlebot

Bluelight Crew
Gallery Guidelines

1. All pictures and comments will have to be approved by a moderator before they will appear. No flaming. If you find a picture offensive, report it and move on.

2. Picture approval is up to the discretion of the moderators. If you submit a picture that can be found anywhere on the net, or pictures specifically targeted to make fun of posters in a thread, it will not be allowed.

3. Only post pictures of other Bluelighters with their permission. If a picture has multiple people in it, all of them must give permission for it to be posted.

4. REPORT pictures or comments that are offensive. That is what the report button is for. Provide a link to the picture or offensive comment, and please give us 24-48 hours to check it.

5. The Drugs Gallery is for informational purposes. Images of drugs MUST be kept to a maximum of 1 gram of a substance, with only 1 substance per picture. 3 Pills or less (Front, Back and side view only), or 1 LSD blotter.

6. Each user will now be able to have a maximum of 15 images, this is due to server disk space and bandwidth being over-used.

7. Greenlighters are no longer able to comment or upload to the gallery, this is due to recent problems with trolls

8. Images uploaded to the gallery are free for anyone to use for any reason. If you do not wish your images to be placed in the public domain, do not upload them to the gallery.

Gallery FAQ

Q1. I uploaded pictures, but they’re not showing up?
I made a comment in a gallery, but I can’t see it?/ It says my picture has comments but I can’t see them?

A. All pictures and comments must be approved by a moderator before appearing in the gallery. This can take anywhere from 15 minutes to 24 hours. It can take even longer during weekends or busy periods.

Q2. My pictures have disappeared from my gallery! What went wrong?

A. There are a few reasons a moderator might delete pictures from your gallery, mostly to do with that picture breaking guidelines. Remember that you can only have a maximum of 15 images in your gallery, permission from all the people in your pictures to post that picture, and you must not post pictures of excessive amonuts of drugs. If the answer is still unclear, PM a mod.

Q3 I don't know what happened but about 6 months ago I started getting photo upload notifications every time anyone uploaded a picture, last night I got 7545 e-mails from bluelight. I have not been able to figure out a way to make them stop. Please help!

A. You’ve somehow managed to get yourself subscribed to a gallery, perhaps a few galleries. You need to visit each gallery you are subscribed to and manually unsubscribe yourself.
For example, say you somehow got yourself subscribed to the “People” gallery. You need to go the Gallery and click on the People Gallery. Then scroll down until you see this:
gallery14noobs.jpg

Q4 I keep getting email notifications each time someone replies to a certain picure/ I want email notifications each time someone replies to a certain picture.

A. You have the option of subscribing or unsubscribing to individual pictures in the gallery. Simply click on the picture you wish to subscribe/unsubscribe to and scroll down until you see this option the enable/disable email updates option.
gallery24noobs.jpg

Q5 I upload my picture, receive the 'picture uploaded successfully!' message, and then... nothing. Nada. Not even an image pending icon to tell me it’s there.

A. Even though we have the option on the page, you cannot upload pictures from a URL, this includes your own pictures being stored on photobucket or imageshack or other online albums. You must upload the picture directly from your computer.

Q6. How do you look at someone's bluelight gallery from their profile?

A. You cannot. You have to go to the Gallery and search for them there.

Q7. I went into the gallery and there were offensive pictures on the front page. Some of these pictures also show up on the homepage. Penis frightens me, can’t you do something about this?

A.Unfortunately we can’t do anything with the current software, but are hoping to address this problem with the next upgrade. In the meantime, if seeing penis upsets you that much, refrain from visiting the gallery and use this page as your Bluelight home page: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/

If the picture is extremely offensive, beyond just being a picture of a penis, please report it and the Gallery staff will see to it.

I posted some new pics to my gallery yesterday. Two people have commented on these pics - yet when I go to read them no comments show up.

This has happened before. Any idea what it is?

Jude

*crawls into crack beneath skirting board*

I skimmed through that too quickly first time round;)

Cheers!

Ok, so if I had more than 15 images in my gallery before these changes were made, then all of my images were deleted? I know for sure that not all of them were breaking the guidelines. Some fore sure, but definetely not all.

Beatlebot said:
Gallery Guidelines
5. The Drugs Gallery is for informational purposes. Images of drugs MUST be kept to a maximum of 1 gram of a substance, with only 1 substance per picture. 3 Pills or less (Front, Back and side view only), or 1 LSD blotter.

Feel free to actually check the gallery when you get the time. I've viewed images that have broken every single part of Guideline #5. Yet all of my images have been deleted. All images I lost when my computer crashed.

Everyone who had more than 15 images when the gallery was pruned had their whole gallery deleted. This includes members of staff. You were not singled out.

How many images are we allowed/would you prefer we have?

If i go over 15... will i get into trouble?

15 images is the limit. You won't get in 'trouble' for having more, but when I (or my Gallery colleagues) find out that you do have more, we will have to delete pics in your gallery until you are back down to the accepted limit.

Because I honestly would not have the time to enter into correspondence with every member who has to have their pic/s deleted for whatever reason, it's in your best interests to follow the guidelines so that you are in control of which pictures get to stay in your gallery. I won't have time to PM anyone to ask them which pictures they would prefer to keep, so I might end up deleting something you really wanted to keep up there, especially considering you will lose all comments attached to that pic.

^You must reach Bluelighter status before being able to upload images. To do that, you must first reach 20 posts. You will be upgraded to a Bluelighter shortly thereafter.

Beatlebot said:
7. Greenlighters are no longer able to comment or upload to the gallery, this is due to recent problems with trolls

Im currently at bluelighter status but I still do not have the option to upload images to the gallery.

sometimes the change is not immediate for some unknown reason... keep looking for the upload button and you should find it within the next few posts you make.

K thought I was loosing my mind, or suddenly became a computer retard cuz I couldn't upload a pic....I must post my little butt off to become a bluelight instead of a greenlight noob....FABULOUS

how do I aquire "blulighter status" to be able to post private mesages??

i had a picture of a blister of oxynorm, blister of oxycontin, box of 50 valium and some marijuana be accepted in the gallery, but yesterday it wouldnt let me put a picture of 2 oc's a valium and tiny ammount of marijuana up? can someone explain why this is? thanks,