• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 4-MeO-MiPT Thread

Nice report, this chemical actually has a lot more potential than I first thought.
What it interest me so much as the body high and the possible eroticism tied to 5-Meo-mipt, so you would think the same one follow for 4-meo-mipt.....
What I always found so special about 4 sub tryptamines was the body high associated with it 4-ho-met has a really cool body high.
Would you say that it is much more euphoric than, say a low dose of 5-Meo-mipt? I know high doses of that particular compound can be kind of rough. If so this sounds worth while

Nice report, this chemical actually has a lot more potential than I first thought.
What it interest me so much as the body high and the possible eroticism tied to 5-Meo-mipt, so you would think the same one follow for 4-meo-mipt.....
What I always found so special about 4 sub tryptamines was the body high associated with it 4-ho-met has a really cool body high.
Would you say that it is much more euphoric than, say a low dose of 5-Meo-mipt? I know high doses of that particular compound can be kind of rough. If so this sounds worth while

Definite eroticism and general disinhibition is noticed with 4-MeO-MiPT. The body high is definitely there, I will take it again tomorrow with my girl, at 30mg and let you know how it went! ;)

4-HO-MET does have a very pleasant body high, similar to smoked freebase MET as well.
I think the combo of 4-HO-MET and 4-MeO-MiPT may be an interesting one...8)

To me 4-MeO-MiPT at the dose of 20mg (orally) was more euphoric than 3-4mg of 5-MeO-MiPT (orally) and it did not produce ANY discomfort at all.

Also I will try freebasing and vaporizing it as well as snorting the salt to see if there are more sweet effects there!

Its a unique chemical and I definitely recommend it! ;)

I got some today and tried a 30mg dose. It was pretty boring. Does it get more fun or interesting at high doses? I have a lot left so I'm going to try it again. I might take 45 or 50 mg next time. Maybe I just need to take it in a different setting.

Me and three other people I know took 4-MeO-MiPT at doses variying from 20 to 50mg few times. Results are:

I am affected by it but not strongly, feeling positive glow and mild euphoria with floaty happy headspace, excellent with cannabis, pro-sexual, will definitely repeat. Goes nicely with 5-MeO-MiPT, 4-HO-MPT, Phenibut.

My girl got strong anxiety form it that eventually grew into euphoric and functional state, she will repeat if only taken with Phenibut or Pregabalin, noticed 4-MeO to be pro-sexual as well.

Friend #1 (with little psychedelic exp) got strong anxiety and started tripping pretty hard on 35mg of it. Strongly pro-sexual and confusing, most likely will not repeat or repeat in much lower dosage.

Friend #2 (huge psychedelic exp) got barely discernible from placebo experience on 40mg. When added 25mg of 4-HO-MPT, it blossomed into a very unique and sensual trip with nice visuals. Will repeat but only at larger doses and mixed with the leading depth psychedelic, combined very well with ETH-LAD for him.

4-MeO-MiPT is a weird one for sure! Also causes surprisingly strong psychedelic tolerance for the next couple of days after consumption.

Awesome to see this one finally getting some attention again.... Been waiting a while to learn more just what it's all about. Thanks much for all the reporting, Volsam. :D

Out of curiosity, your friend that started tripping hard on 35 mg, was it still all mental or were there any visuals too?

Awesome to see this one finally getting some attention again.... Been waiting a while to learn more just what it's all about. Thanks much for all the reporting, Volsam. :D

Out of curiosity, your friend that started tripping hard on 35 mg, was it still all mental or were there any visuals too?
It's so good to see you post again, Kaleida! :D

The friend who started tripping on 35mg of 4-MeO-MiPT claims he had visuals on it but not like with mushrooms or LSD (stuff he tried before). He said the visuals were melting and disorienting, not colorful or strongly defined but strong nevertheless.

I have noticed similar tendency as with 5-MeO-MiPT in terms of it's effects, and visuals including - sparkly, mildly glowing, defined edges. I even tried mixing the 4-MeO with 5-MeO-MiPT to a great success and synergy.

It might sound pretty uneducated but IME 4-MeO-MiPT effects are right in the middle between 4-HO-MiPT and 5-MeO-MiPT effects.

As I remember, Kaleida, you are a fan of Moxy, I wonder what your opinion on this 4-MeO variation will be?..8)

It might sound pretty uneducated but IME 4-MeO-MiPT effects are right in the middle between 4-HO-MiPT and 5-MeO-MiPT effects.

Yeahhhh those are two of my all-time faves, gonna have to grab some of this. Wanted to try a new 4-sub when I grab more 4-aco-dmt so I think this fits the bill perfectly. Hope I can get good effects at a reasonable dose. FWIW it would make sense that visuals could be difficult to bring out given how high most have to dose moxy in order to get visuals; I have to take at least 15mg or so but get good psychedelia from 8mg. Moxy also has that difficult come-up so that could align with the anxiety your peeps were feeling.

I took 50mg today and I've concluded that this stuff is complete junk. Besides some subtle color enhancement, the effects are not psychedelic at all. No psychedelic thought patterns, no entactogenic effects, no music enhancement, none of the erotic enhancement I've seen some people claim (which I do get from MiPT and 4-HO-MiPT BTW). It's just mild stoned headspace and physical side effects. The body high isn't bad, but it isn't that good either. It feels totally different from the typical tryptamine body high. The mental effects were not really fun and made me feel slightly annoyed or apathetic at times. I guess it could be enjoyable for people who just love drugs and don't want to be sober.

It's interesting that Volsam's experiences were so positive. Perhaps it's a difference in body chemistry. There is speculation that certain people metabolize 5-MeO-MiPT into 5-HO-MiPT, resulting in different effects. It is possible that some people metabolize 4-MeO-MiPT into 4-HO-MiPT?

Here's a link to my report:

(4-MeO-MiPT / ~20mg) - First Time - "Nice, But Not A Psychedelic"

Who knows, though - it's just one person, one time, one dose, one ROA.

In answer to Kaleida's question about visuals, I can say that there were none at all for me, nor did I get the feeling that they would manifest with a higher dose fwiw. While I personally didn't find it to be psychedelic, that doesn't mean that someone psychedelic naive wouldn't.

Last edited:
I guess it (4-MeO-MiPT) could be enjoyable for people who just love drugs and don't want to be sober.
I guess I do love drugs...8) but I do like to be sober too.
4-MeO-MiPT feels more as an anti-depressant and sensual enhancer than typical psychedelic, subtle but very enjoyable (at least to me). But thats how I utilize 5-MeO-MiPT too - only in low doses mostly for enhancing mood and fooling around erotically with my girl. 4-MeO feels comfortable, safe and pleasurable to me, dont know why.

You guys can send me your baggies if you want to trash it! Just kidding of course...=D

Maybe my judgement was a little harsh. It's pretty disappointing if you're expecting it to be comparable to other tryptamines, but I can see how people might like it. Still though, even if you enjoy it, the price seems high for what you're getting.

The friend who started tripping on 35mg of 4-MeO-MiPT claims he had visuals on it but not like with mushrooms or LSD (stuff he tried before). He said the visuals were melting and disorienting, not colorful or strongly defined but strong nevertheless.

I have noticed similar tendency as with 5-MeO-MiPT in terms of it's effects, and visuals including - sparkly, mildly glowing, defined edges. I even tried mixing the 4-MeO with 5-MeO-MiPT to a great success and synergy.

As I remember, Kaleida, you are a fan of Moxy, I wonder what your opinion on this 4-MeO variation will be?..8)

It's good to see you again too, Volsam. :D I hope things have been going well for you in my absence! I've been busy but things have generally been pretty good over here, much better than usual even, glad to be getting back into this scene a bit again now for sure.

Thanks much for the information. :) I can definitely understand that sort of thing, it sounds a lot like the kind of visuals that dominate for me on higher dosages of 4-HO-EPT or other things that are powerful but not too visual for me in a classical sense. Very interesting that you compare it to 5-MeO-MiPT too.... I am indeed a big fan of that one so far and think I may actually be a bit sensitive to it as I get some pretty powerful visual and visionary effects from it even at 8 mg, so it would be quite interesting see how I would react to this one too. It does seem like there may be something bizarre or unique going on with its pharmacology but nonetheless maybe I'd at least get something, won't know until I try anyway....

It probably won't be in the near future but I'd definitely love to get my hands on some while it's around again!

In answer to Kaleida's question about visuals, I can say that there were none at all for me, nor did I get the feeling that they would manifest with a higher dose fwiw. While I personally didn't find it to be psychedelic, that doesn't mean that someone psychedelic naive wouldn't.

Thanks much for the response. :) Yeah, it kind of sounds like it has some parts of the psychedelic pharmacology, but not the most core parts.... Given that Volsam's friend did get those at least more dissociating or disorienting style visuals from it it may still have some potential at least nonetheless, but that's still nothing too crazy.

I guess I do love drugs...8) but I do like to be sober too.
4-MeO-MiPT feels more as an anti-depressant and sensual enhancer than typical psychedelic, subtle but very enjoyable (at least to me).

Agreed. Oh, I should have mentioned earlier that I was still feeling the same anti-depressant afterglow vibe from the 4-MeO-MiPT seven days later, at least it seemed like it. Not bad for something so gentle and mild!

Last edited:
I'm inclined to believe that this is psychoactive, but not psychedelic. I don't know what class of material this is, or if we even have a category for it. Classing it as a psychedelic is going to cause confusion due to the improperly biased orientation when viewing the experience. We had the same issue with MDMA once upon a time. Just look at the PIHKAL entry--the prototypical empathogen described without a single reference to empathy. See below:
(with 100 mg) MDMA intrigued me because everyone I asked, who had used it, answered the question, 'What's it like?' in the same way: 'I don't know.' 'What happened?' 'Nothing.' And now I understand those answers. I too think nothing happened. But something seemed changed. Before the 'window' opened completely, I had some somatic effects, a tingling sensation in the fingers and temples--a pleasant sensation, not distracting. However, just after that there was a slight nausea and dizziness similar to a little too much alcohol. All these details disappeared as I walked outside. My mood was light, happy, but with an underlying conviction that something significant was about to happen. There was a change in perspective both in the near visual field and in the distance. My usually poor vision was sharpened. I saw details in the distance that I could not normally see. After the peak experience had passed, my major state was one of deep relaxation. I felt that I could talk about deep or personal subjects with special clarity, and I experienced some of the feeling one has after the second martini, that one is discoursing brilliantly and with particularly acute analytical powers.
(with 100 mg) Beforehand, I was aware of a dull, uncaring tiredness that might have reflected too little sleep, and I took a modest level of MDMA to see if it might serve me as a stimulant. I napped for a half hour or so, and woke up definitely not improved. The feeling of insufficient energy and lack of spark that I'd felt before had become something quite strong, and might be characterized as a firm feeling of negativity about everything that had to be done and everything I had been looking forward to. So I set about my several tasks with no pleasure or enjoyment and I hummed a little tune to myself during these activities which had words that went: 'I shouldn't have done that, oh yes, I shouldn't have done that, oh no, I shouldn't have done that; it was a mistake.' Then I would start over again from the beginning. I was stuck in a gray space for quite a while, and there was nothing to do but keep doing what I had to do. After about 6 hours, I could see the whole mental state disintegrating and my pleasant feelings were coming back. But so was my plain, ornery tiredness. MDMA does not work like Dexedrine.
(with 120 mg) I feel absolutely clean inside, and there is nothing but pure euphoria. I have never felt so great, or believed this to be possible. The cleanliness, clarity, and marvelous feeling of solid inner strength continued throughout the rest of the day, and evening, and through the next day. I am overcome by the profundity of the experience, and how much more powerful it was than previous experiences, for no apparent reason, other than a continually improving state of being. All the next day I felt like 'a citizen of the universe' rather than a citizen of the planet, completely disconnecting time and flowing easily from one activity to the next.
(with 120 mg) As the material came on I felt that I was being enveloped, and my attention had to be directed to it. I became quite fearful, and my face felt cold and ashen. I felt that I wanted to go back, but I knew there was no turning back. Then the fear started to leave me, and I could try taking little baby steps, like taking first steps after being reborn. The woodpile is so beautiful, about all the joy and beauty that I can stand. I am afraid to turn around and face the mountains, for fear they will overpower me. But I did look, and I am astounded. Everyone must get to experience a profound state like this. I feel totally peaceful. I have lived all my life to get here, and I feel I have come home. I am complete.
Reading reports from around the web, they strike me as awfully similar to these I?ve listed below. Sorry about the block quotes ? Bluelight?s native editor is giving me grief with paragraphs tonight, and I can?t find a BBC code solution.
One
"Effects feel like stray afterthoughts, accidentally letting themselves be known- subtle blips of color, sudden flashes of tracers, all briefly stumbling their way into existence. They seem like they are on the threshold of edging their way into my perception, apprehensive and unsure about whether or not to manifest. They are fluttery, fleeting, and ephemeral. This is not like light threshold effects-rather it feels like the vestiges of a full-fledged psychedelic experience briefly dipping their fingers into this otherwise mild voyage. Even with my eyes closed, there is not much to perceive or grasp on to. I feel mostly functional and sober were it not for the shaking and discomfort. This experience is so light and mild, all of the effects are nothing but brief flashes, disappearing before I can properly grasp ahold of them. It does not feel as though it has affected my emotional or cognitive processes much, other than a sort of robotic analytical perspective on everything and the same rambling thoughts and overanalyzing that comes with almost any substance I take. I feel a bit numb and cold and I am lying very still, the drug has occupied my nerves and muscles and set them down like a blanket of snow."
Two
"Felt too silly to even consider sex and there is no better birth control than laughter. No visual disturbances, none of the hallmarks of a chemical with hallucinogenic properties. There's no body load, but there's also nothing worth writing about. It was just a nice, gentle, happy high. Nothing special whatsoever - about as deep as a mudpuddle."
Three
"Lightness and mild euphoria. No disturbances to the visual field, both auditory and visual acuity are normal. A general sense of happiness, well-being and light-heartedness is experienced, accompanied by an increased libido. Tactile sensations are slightly expanded in a manner evocative of MDMA, but only equivalent to approximately 20-25% of a typical MDMA dose. Acting upon libidinous desires was not possible at the time, so exploring that realm will be the primary focus of the next round of tests with this molecule. At this dosage, there is no body load or any discomfort. For one subject there was a temperature spike, accompanied by a brief and sudden sweat that was gone in a matter of minutes. No sense of speediness or fluttering heart rhythms...this is a very mild experience, and would be good for times when simply elevating one's mood is all that is desired...an excellent choice for the first time Research Chemical researcher as this seems to be very mild and does not promote or exacerbate any anxiety...it would seem to have no negative properties at this dose, but also does not offer any real complexity to the experienced researcher...It could offer a gentle, positive headspace to couples looking to reconnect and it's short duration makes it possible to use during the work week...this is not a very interesting tryp on it's own and doesn't seem to have a lot to recommend it other than it's gentleness, which may only be a function of dosage. It doesn't seem to create a headspace conducive to deep introspection. As psychological food, it is NOT spicy jambalaya or szchuhuan lamb - this is meatloaf and mashed potatoes or chicken noodle soup. This is the Research Chemical version of comfort food. It feels 'nice'. Not spectacular, not earth-shattering, you will probably not see the face of God. It just feels nice."
Four
"Felt a comeup feeling like that of a rather strong tryptamine dose. As if something big was about to happen, but it did not take the turn they expected, it stayed at a very mild state...thought that it felt as though the chemical was teasing him, it showed signs of a trip but stayed very mild. Tracers were noticable with both subjects. Swim2 was overall dissapointed with the compound and shows little interest in further research...kind of liked how mild this chemical was and would try it again because there would be no anxiety about having an intense ride. However from first test this does not seem to be a very deep compound."
Five9
"Nice warm tryptamine body high with no visuals and minimal alteration in head space. This material seems to [have a low dosage/effects ceiling.] Trials of this 4meoMIPT are really sorta dissapointing so far. Maybe as a combination or parenteral dosing may improve effects. It's not that it's a bad effect, just really disappointing. The feeling is like something is about to happen but it never does."
Six
Dosage: 50 mg rectally. "In an effort to see if this shite has ANY potential at all...25mg plugged. Nothing. After 20 minutes of staring at each other...another 25mg plugged. Both subjects report eventually feeling kinda high, but they said the over-riding effect was too lazy to do anything but just lay there and listen to music. Nice body buzz, but not really much of anything other than that...this is the most disappointing chemical to date."
Seven
"10 mg inufflated. Alert in 5 min, onset of effects by 15 minutes, and peaked around 30-45 minutes. Wore off in about 2 hours. Same feeling as the oral but a bit more intense and short lived. No visual effects at all, not even an enhancement of colors. Sounds were a bit distorted / misinterpreted -the fishtank water bubbling sounded like a the news was on the TV, but when SWIM turned around, it was off. SWIM also occasionally heard voices in background noise. SWIM experienced a few episodes of seeing thing out of the corner of SWIM's eye that were not there. The tryptamine buzz was present, but was unable to manifest in any sense. Even tactile stimulation was about the same, but I felt altered. The buzz was a mild cross between 5meoDIPT and methylone without any of the bodyload, stimulation or strong visual / tactile effects (of the former). At this level, this molecule was recreational, and certainly more worthwhile than the 30mg oral dose. I could have gone out, been social, and would have had a good time. Mildly stimulating, but nothing intense and no change in pupil diameter. Two 5 mg boosters had minimal effects. The first at t-2:30 extended the effects for about another hour, and another boost at that time basically did nothing. Overall, there does seem to be hope of a more worthwhile effect in this and other parenteral methods of administration. I feel it was about 3x stronger and more intense. The fact that the second booster did nothing makes me think it might antagonize its own effect faster than other tryptamines, hence the rapid and potent tolerance...intends to assay again with this mode of admin at a higher dose; this might be one which is worth IM admin as well. It feels like there is something good there - something entactogenic - but it might just be an elusive, ephemeral tease."
Eight
"DOSE: 28 mg insufflated...I think 4-MeO-MiPT could be explored further as an antidepressant, a definite erotic enhancer/aphrodisiac, a social lubricant, or just a 'feelgood' type of tryptamine. It lasted a few hours, I didn't really pay attention to time however. Me and my girlfriend enjoyed it. I felt a little bit like I was under the influence of a tryptamine, my pupils were dilated too, and I was getting giggles/hysterics, but there was absolutely no visual activity except for the normal effects of dilated pupils (things seem brighter). I had some of the best sex I've had in a damn while (3 times), and I could tell that my drive and pleasure was enhanced from the tryptamine. True aphrodisiac power I think. There was an ecstacy-like vibe to the feeling, maybe empathogenic effects (there is no unneeded stimulation or amphetamine-like effects from this one though). There was a strange 'good' feeling throughout my whole body while I was on it, and I felt as if the chemical had some antidepressant properties. I felt VERY short bouts of nausea a couple of times throughout (like for 1 second I would feel a bit nauseous then it would go away)...I would recommend it not to someone looking to 'trip', but to someone looking for a more mild, enjoyable, and fun experience. I did not reach above a ++ the whole time. I definitely did not hit a +++. I had fun, and would do it again (though I would prefer a tryptamine that has more visual effects), but I would not pay to order more of it, it's not worth that much to me. This chemical felt to me like the dose needed to be upped, like it wasn't high enough and we possibly were not feeling the FULL effects of this compound. I could be completely wrong, maybe these are the full desired effects with an ambiguous tryptamine like this..."
Nine
"Body load, slight head fuck, but clear thoughts, easy to act normal. Not much in visuals, generally puts a smile on your face, some giggles...slightly hard to get to sleep, as would be expected. Overall good, sort of what swim expected. No addictive qualities whatsoever...the light up trees look nice, everything feels nice, but no more so if the ponies had had a spliff. An hour goes by, slowly, not much going on, it sort of started, then went away, up and down, up and down, cant make his mind up if its just placebo, or if anything is happening. 2 hours, still everything is only just above normal... ex however is starting to find walking a bit of a problem...these type of things make you horny...the rest of the night was very chilled, a lot of laying about. I think, agreeing with others, it didnt seem very visual, there wasnt enough to set it apart from other drugs...This would be a good introduction to psychedelics. Overall though, nothing really negative about it.?
Ten
"Taking shower was really pleasant. Doing everything is niiiiiiiiiice. I am at +2.5, but no visuals. This seem strange, but I had a hypothesis...last 40 minutes were really boring. I felt nice, everything is enhanced, like someone casted a spell '+2 to liking everything, +3 to enjoying everything'...unlike with other psychedelics, my thoughts are well-connected, I am quite talkative, and feel emphathy. The effects of compound are back but not to the original extent. We talk about various stuff, watch a lot of funny youtube videos. Absolute niceness. Overall, The compound heavily reminds me of 5-MeO-DALT, there are some differences, but I am not sure if I am able blindly distinguish these two. 4-MeO-MiPT has less side-effects, less bodyload, less GI discomfort and even less psychedelic effects. But 4-MeO-MiPT is more pleasant. I liked it more than 5-MeO-DALT, and I am going to experiment with this compound in the future."
Eleven
"In 30-40minutes, I found I could get some distortions of objects around me, if I really tried hard. There are no color changes. It is unexpectedly mild, and I have no anxiety, no tachycardia. At the two hour point, the peak must be past, and I feel somehow disappointed. I am not sure, in retrospect, if there was ever anything there at all."
Twelve
"I am aware of this at 40 minutes, and was in a very light but not very well defined place for about two hours. It was neither good nor bad. It kind of drifted away and I was not sure when I regained baseline."
Thirteen
I was aware in 20 minutes, and went right up to a +3 within the hour. That was quite a bit of change in a half hour. Extremely erotic, but absolutely no visuals to music, either with eyes open or with them closed. I know I am at +3 since there is no way I could drive a car, not for anything in the world, but why not? Don't know, but no way. Cold gaspacho tastes superb, but one cup is enough, and the croissant seems dry and hard. By seven hours I am back where I started from again. Pity."
Fourteen
"This is my first try with this drug, ever. First indications of effects in twenty minutes. Quiet onset, no remarkable visuals, in fact no particular visuals at all. To a plus two within about ten or fifteen minutes more. Body is comfortable, mind-set pretty much unchanged from baseline. No euphoria, no insights. But also, no discomfort. Erotic was extremely successful, and orgasm seemed easier than with other materials. Still no visuals but seemed to be a soft plus three. Music fine. Hard to define exactly how we knew we were in an altered state, because of the lack of visual clues. Body aware more than mind. Would like to explore this further. Perhaps for writing? Nice material. Maybe higher next time?"
Fifteen
Third trip: 100mg 4-MeO-MiPT (last trip 7d prior) "The come-up was easy, with no real negative body load. What visuals I got were pretty mild but, again, the letters from the tiles were present. The one intense visual effect was in response to music, which would make my vision blur with the beat. However, even that was incredibly short in duration, maybe 20 minutes. Even the empathogenic properties, while still there, were less than what I had on the second trip, with the smaller dose of 4-MeO and AL-LAD. Comedown was again pretty long and not especially interesting or fun, though manageable. Overall, I think it might be something to look into adding to an MDMA-like cocktail. It's probably not worth it to take on its own, and it's really pricey in relation to its potency and effects. I may try it again in combination with 1P."
Sixteen
"I liked this experience. Subtle, warm and cosy. Being social was enhanced and liked. Didn?t feel trapped in a stream of thoughts or just being too space to really be social. No anxiety whatsoever, probably thanks to Phenibut as well. I?d say 4-MeO-MiPT is the little sister of 5-MeO-MiPT. It shares the sensual aspects of Moxy, but less intense and no hints of body load. Mentally it makes me a little less euphoric than Moxy, but cosier. 4-MeO-MiPT did score very low on introspection, I usually have some with Moxy. But I felt more social because of this, with Moxy I sometimes tend to get stuck in words. I can?t speak or even formulate sentences in my head sometimes with Moxy. 20mg of 4-MeO-MiPT felt equal to around 4-5mg of 5-MeO-MiPT. I think it?s strength lies in that I feel more social on 4-MeO-MiPT and that my mind was less focussed on thoughts or bodily sensations (which are a little more unpredictable and random with Moxy). Didn?t notice the same taste enhancement with 4-MeO-MiPT as with Moxy. Music enhancement could have been there slightly, but not impressively either. Mostly just tactile enhancement...I would recommend 4-MeO-MiPT, but not if you?re looking for a psychedelic experience. This was one of the least psychedelic chems I have tried, but what it did was positive. It can be used for the same goals as lower dosages of Moxy, but I feel this chem is smoother and less bumpy. It?s nice for a casual night chilling with friends or your lover. Possibly for some movie immersion as well."
Increasing the dose substantially doesn't increase the intensity of the experience in the manner of a psychedelic, nor does changing the route of administration seem to do so either. Common (but not universal) elements of experiences seem to include emotional activity (empathogenesis or blunting), increases to appetite, tactile effects, increased eroticism, contentment, anxiety reduction, and somatic side-effects (mostly hyperthermia, sweating, discomfort). Several people compare the experience to a less-stimulating version of 5-MeO-DALT, so perhaps there are two drugs in this category. I just wanted to compile some of this information into this Big & Dandy, as it wasn't looking even Small & Handy, and it's hard to find decent information on this unusual material.

Last edited:
Here's my trip report:
(4-MeO-MiPT / ~20mg) - First Time - "Nice, But Not A Psychedelic"

[This is not 4-HO-MiPT or 5-MeO-MiPT, two much more common tryptamines]

Background: Experienced with dozens of tryptamine, phenethylamine, and lysergamide psychedelics, as well as quite a few arylcyclohexylamine and other dissociatives, RC stimulants, and depressants, as well as some stranger botanical and RC odditites.

Currently: Physically tired, a little sunburned, a little dehydrated from a day hiking in the woods with new friends. Feeling upbeat and happy. Felt low physically yesterday due to sleep deprivation, but feel much better today. I have no tolerance to psychedeics, and the only drugs I've had today were caffeine. I did ingest some herbs (ashwagandha, reishi, licorice, and turmeric.) Happy to be home relaxing with my friend. Ate well today, but not a ton. Two hours ago, I had a very light snack of a bag of bugles and some iced tea, so my stomach is probably empty. I've also dad the makings of a headache all day that never decided to manifest.

I hope that this material works out as a light, easy-going, short-acting erotic evening enhancer. I love *5*-MeO-MiPT, but it's long and gives me strong cross tolerance--it'd be great if this was a viable alternative. TBH, I'm not horny now, but I might feel differently when I wind down and have a shower.

Since there's there's no reagent data on this, I scraped off a ~1mg dose of this material three days ago to test orally in case it was a different, potent drug as its provenance is not entirely reliable. No effect was noticed.

7:30 PM Weighed out 15mg (+/- 5mg as scale was acting up despite calibration) of material sold as 4-MeO-MiPT and parachuted it. Plan to test the waters from here, maybe take another 5mg after I get a feel for it/

7:42 - Alert. Subtle. Going to shower.

8:04 - Possibly at a +, but just barely. I feel some warmth and tryptamine weirdness in my body, a slight headspace alteration. On balance, more unpleasant than pleasant, but too mild to be anything at all. I feel a little flutter of stimulation/anxiety like the feeling of jitters the time before you have sex with a new partner, but very mild. I also detect a bit of impulsivity as if I have some alcohol disinhibiton.

Thinking about taking the 5mg booster, although it's possible that I'm still coming up. I've seen it written, though, that impatiently redosing *5*-MeO-MiPT can keep you trapped in the early euphoric stages, preventing you from reaching the later psychedelic ones. Not sure if that makes any difference with this material, especially with its short duration.

8:10 - Take 4mg booster. Hands are tremory

8:11 - Rise up to a ++ almost immediately after dosing. Whoops, can't have kicked in THAT fast... The feeling is one of warmth in the body, primarily. There's no stimuation, and very little headspace. It's comfortable.

8:41 - The erotic was a fail. While I wasn't horny earlier, it doesn't take much for me, and I was really looking forward to an erotic night in. This material surprised me with a strangely unerotic headspace. Unerotic, not totally anaphrodesiac like I find mushrooms to me, where sex sounds repellant or anathema. It's actually a bit like 4-AcO-EPT: very comfortable and a little self-contained. This is milder, though. I still felt affection, but absolutely no desire. Well, I felt some pretty strong desire for the pizza in the fridge, but not sex. I REALLY wanted pizza. Otherwise, I was mostly in a cerebral frame. Erection was possible, but never have I had to work this hard for it on a psychedelic.

It was a little like I've heard MDMA described, where intimacy was enjoyable, and while sex seemed like a fine way to express it, I just wasn't into it. I enjoyed touching and being touched, but it was just kind of fine. I respond idiosyncratically to MDMA, so if this shares a similar mechanism (say 5HT1a agonism?) that could be why. Also, this didn't make me feel noticeably more intimate, just a bit more open and a bit more disinhibited. I attempted orgasm on my own just to see if it was possible. It was, but it took some work and wasn't all that satisfying. The orgasm was weird--it was strong, but not impactful, resonating alongside the singing viola strings of my nervous system as they kept playing that placid chord of pleasant contentment.

Despite that, there is some tactile enhancement. I spontaneously noticed and enjoyed the sensation of walking barefoot on the floor, at least a little bit. Pulling clothes on gave me a few waves of cold shivers, too, but none of this played into eroticism.

My headache is manifesting more than at any other point today, but it hasn't been bothersome.

9:26 - Still starving, but somehow haven't gotten around to eating. I think this is an appetite enhancer, or maybe my hunger and libido switches got crossed (would't be the first time.) I'm still at a solid ++.

Music isn't enhanced, though. I haven't noticed any OEVs, and CEVs are ludicrously faint and subtle, like a highly detailed shimmering gloss streamer across whatever phosphenes happen naturally. Basically absent. Side effects are absent, too. I could see muscle tension arising at higher doses, but nothing at this level. It does have a little of that gritty, grimey body feel that 5-MeO-MiPT has, but with less going on (like pleasurable body energies and tactile enhanceent) to distract from it. It's fine, though.

Despite the relaxing nature and lack of stimulation, it might be hard to sleep? Tough to say. My pupils are finally substantially dilatedThere's not really a lot more to say. It's pleasant and stoning. Maybe revisit with freebasing and vaporization?

9:40 - I still feel like I could go out in public at this level, especially to events where a little inebriation would be expected. It's hard to be sure, but I think it'd be pretty easy and not unpleasant. This has no hint of anxiety to it. It's also not one to leave me incapacitated and bored. I feel like I could read, game, surf the internet, watch movies, whatever right now without being all that debilitated. I'm not sure how long I would be entertained by just listening to music. I find it hard to do that as an activity anymore unless I've taken a psychedelic. While this wouldn't enhance my experience, it might reduce my racing mind and restless desire to do something else without coloring the music much if at all. This could be a nice booster psychedelic for other psychedelics based on it's clarity, positivity, and neutrality. A psychedelic salt, as I've heard 5-MeO-MET referred to. I'm not sure of the best ROA.

I do feel like the effects have been strengthening rather than subsiding, although they're still quite mild.

10 - Nope, effects started to taper down I think. Feeling sleepy. Chowing down on Cheezits

10:30 - Effects have definitely started downswing. I'm still feeling them strongly, yet I feel like I could sleep. I am still quite hungry, with brief bits of horniness. Don't feel like I'd even need alcohol or a benzo or anything to sleeep.

11:26 - Went to bed and fell asleep relatively easily. The body energy was still springy within me, feeling a lot like rubberbands or a trampoline membrane. Tense, but yielding. A higher dosage could have kept me up, I think. At this dosage, it seemed like the mental peace counteracted the body energy well enough to sleep within fifteen minutes.

Next day: Slept soundly and well, waking with a lot of the same feeling of relaxation and emotional contentedness. Honestly, as light and functional as the experience was, it was a lot like I was still experiencing effects.

Conclusion: Although I didn't get much out of this or see any immediate use, I could see myself exploring this material further. It's short duration, positivity, and total absence of side-effects makes it a low-commitment endeavor to explore to see if there's utility.

Did I enjoy it? Meh. It wasn't at all unpleasant, but apart from experiencing a change of consciousness I didn't get much out of it. I'm not one to smoke pot and watch Netflix, but that's where this seemed to fit in the taxonomy of experiences. I DID notice a quieting of internal dialog from a frenetic pace to one where it was more calm and deliberate. This might be good for acute anxiety (apart from the come-up jitters.)

It defintely felt lighter and less serious than 5-MeO-MiPT, but I didn't see much resemblance at all to 4-HO/AcO-MiPT. My friend thinks of 4-HO-MiPT as "super pot," though--a connection I could definitely see being made with this material. For me, it was more like very subdued mix of the effects of 5-MeO-MiPT, 2C-B-Fly, and perhaps the emotional contentment of 4-AcO-EPT. I suppose I will revisit this orally in the future; I'd like to explore other ROAs, but the duration will likely be too short.

Like MDMA, I feel this material may need to be reclassified from psychedelic into a new, unknown category. From reading what the dozen or so published reports, it seems that no one has described any significant, classical psychedelic headspace shifts at any dosage or ROA. Massive increases in dosage seem to produce increases in intensity, but with no emergent psychedelia. So if not a psychedelic, what is it? And what can that tell us about structure activity relationships?

The bodyfeel:
Here's what it isn't. While it is mellowing, its action is not sedative like a depressant. While it is anxiolytic, it doesn't feel much like a benzodiazepine. While it is stoning, it doesn't feel particularly cognitively stultifying or blunting. While it is like a warm and comforting blanket, it doesn't feel much like an opiate. It really does feel like someone has decoupled the pleasant body energy and somatic sensations that pretty reliably accompany 5-MeO-MiPT, 2C-B-Fly, or 4-AcO-EPT from the rest of the spectrum of psychedelic experience. Psychedelics throw down the gauntlet, presenting the user with a challenge, an opportunity for growth. This does the opposite, blanketing the user firmly in positivity and contentment. I could see this being potentially useful to those wanting to work with deep materials that are notoriously either neutral or fickle, perhaps mushrooms or 2C-E. Combining them and adjusting the doses down for synergy *might* make them less intimidating without the clouding that benzodiazepines can cause. Still, this is unknown terrain. We know nothing about the possible health risks of combining this with other drugs. I've read only one combination report with a 4-substituted tryptamine, and it indicated that there was definite potentiation. I would love to see some ligand binding assays on this to see its affinities for 5HT2a vs 5HT1a, just to rule that out. Sasha might be right about this one - if it has similar ki values as 4-HO-MiPT, it could provide some great insight into structure activity relationships.

The mind:
This can be summed up succinctly. Thoughts quieted and racing thoughts stilled, focusing my inner monologue. There was a little bit of disinhibition. Anxiety diminished as a feeling of warm contentment grew within me, feeling strangely antidepressant. These effects lingered long into the following day. I would love to see neuroimaging studies on this material, particularly on brain region connectivity and default mode network activity. It would be interesting to see if this produces default mode network suppression or not based on its anti-anxiety/depressant effects. As some researchers have theorized that psychedelics produce their effect by increasing brain connectivity, it would be interesting to see if this non-psychedelic psychedelic produces connectivity comparable to its truly psychedelic analogs.

I look forward to a time where substances like this are used in functional selectivity studies, so that we can learn how different ligand structures produce the differences in signalling molecules that create such a wide variety of somatic, psychedelic, visual, or transpersonal effects.

Some of this fell into my lap and I'm thinking of giving it a shot today, soon, at 25mg. I'll make sure to report back if I do. I've got 100mg to play with so I'll try it by itself, perhaps in a higher dose, and as an adjunct with something else to test synergy.

I think it's a fascinating material. I have absolutely no idea what to make of it. My notes suggest to me that less may be more with it, as pushing the dose higher seemed to get me further from where I wanted to be, but who knows? I actually planned to revisit it this weekend through vaporization, but postponed since I'm still recovering from the flu. Didn't want to bias the trial by going into it with a poor set. Glad I didn't, as I instead had my first negative experience with vaporized MET, something I'm truly shocked is even possible.

I just can't wrap my head around 4-MeO-MiPT. I've actually been reading books on phenomenology and embodiment to get a grasp on how to reckon with nebulous experiences like the space it evokes.

Turns out I enjoyed it immensely. It's definitely far more empathogen than psychedelic. It started out purely recreational/euphoric and then I spent a few hours going on an endless mental journey through emotional content, complete with a soundtrack so strong I could practically physically hear it, that proved quite useful to me. I'm putting together a report.

Aw man... I was going to order some, I liked it so much, but they're sold out. :( Oh wait maybe not...