• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

military drug testing (please help)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ridethis

Greenlighter
hi all,

i have always wanted to join the army when i finish school, its is my only job aspiration and i have no idea what id do if i didnt get in.

that said, this past year i have discovered this amazing world which i never knew was there (drugs).

ive been doing lots of research lately on the armys drug testing policy and ive heard they use GC/MS testing which is very accurate.

the only drug i really feel like i dont want to give up is ecxtacy,
can someone please help me, i know the detection rate is like max 4 days i think? are there any common adulterants which are longer than this?

can the GC/MS pick up for longer periods than normal testing?

basicly, is there a way i can do mdma occasionaly and be safe, i in now was want to jepordise my job and if it is to risky ill just leave it behind.

the reason im posting here now is because i couldnt find any real info on the topic after many hours of searching.

thanks in advance, any help or info on the topic is greatly appreciated.

(also, befor anyone flames me about wanting to join the military, it is what i want, if you dont like/want to join then that is your oppinion, joining is mine so please leave this out. thanks)

Why would someone flame you about wanting to join the military? This isn't the Criticise Someone Else's Life Decisions forum, I hope.

You checked Erowid and the Drug Testing and Drug FAQs forums here, I assume?

yeah lobster i know, i was just being careful because theres alota stuff like that going round these days im not saying here but yeah.

yeah i checked erowid, not very comprehensive at all which suprised me...

I don't think anyone is going to flame you for wanting to join the Military.. there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. I personally plan on going into the Airforce here either next year or the year after.

ok cool, now we have established no one is going to flame me

can i please have some help? anyone have any experiance on the topic?

thanks again in advance

If it's only a piss test, then it's out of your system in 4 days tops. If it's a hair test, then I'd recommend busting out the razor and going at it till your head resembles a well-polished billiard ball.

its not a hair test, its just a test which is much more accurate and has much lower cuttoffs than normal piss on a strip kind of testing

thanks for that trogdor

5-HT2 said:
If it's only a piss test, then it's out of your system in 4 days tops. If it's a hair test, then I'd recommend busting out the razor and going at it till your head resembles a well-polished billiard ball.

why bother, the army's pretty much going to do that anyway :p

on an unrelated topic, if you fail a strip but they don't send it to a gc/ms lab, and they fire/jail/etc you anyway, you can sue

I have a friend who is in the army. He said for a urine test his clear in 2 days. Dont take my word on that tho - id say 4 days to be sure cos apparantly in the army if you get caught the penalties pretty fucking bad

To the OP: Every service branch has different policies regarding UDS's.
Obviously you're going to get tested at MEPS, boot camp, and any
structured training/schools you attend. Random's should be expected
at your unit.

They will explain the procedures for collection, storage, transport,
and notification of results. They will tell you what chemicals are tested
for. (at least a 9 panel, and yes the cutoffs are lower) Trust me, you'll
have to sit through a "substance abuse awareness" class at some
point. It's a joke.

I'm serving in a branch with a zero-tolerance policy. Dirty piss = discharge.
It may be different for the Army, but you better find out asap. If you're
going to party while on active at least wait until you get to your unit-
size it up, observe how frequent the tests are, etc. Then you can time
usage with leave/holidays/weekends whatever.

Eek, sorry for the lengthy reply- good luck!

thanks vandalaay, that was the exact answer i was looking for

looks like ill do it just on my holiays/long weekends ect.

i am in no way going to chance getting booted out id rather be shot

thanks again,

kempe

Heh, if you want to change your mind about giving up ecstasy then do it excessivley until its shite. Then there will be no problem,.

Be prepared to give up a lot more than MDMA when you join the army.

ridethis said:
thanks vandalaay, that was the exact answer i was looking for

looks like ill do it just on my holiays/long weekends ect.

i am in no way going to chance getting booted out id rather be shot

thanks again,

kempe

My pleasure, just remember there are serious consequences if caught-
very good idea to keep your usage sporadic. :)

DopaMan said:
Be prepared to give up a lot more than MDMA when you join the army.
Like what, your anal virginity? Self-respect? Ability to use logic?

Or do you mean drugs?

yeah vandalaay thats the plan

very occasionaly and only when im not gunna be goin in for at least a few days like at the beggining/middle of my holidays or something

just hope there are some good events which co-inside with theres much to small windows hehe

My understanding is that the U.S. military has some very strict drug policies. The last thing you want to get is a dishonorable discharge, which is very similar to having a felony on your record as far as employment options and loss of rights following your discharge go. My advice to you would be to assume that you'll not be able to use drugs during your military career. It might be the case that once you get a feel for the environment, you'll discover a drug culture in the Army that will help you find ways to avoid getting busted, but don't count on it. View it as if you were moving to a country for awhile that has incredibly strict drug laws.

Dunno about testing but here is my recommendation.

Whatever the consequences of getting caught with traces of MDMA in your system are, getting busted for possession/selling are worse. So don't take drugs onto base, or hook a friend up. MPs are not the kind of people you want to deal with. And being stoned on base, is terrifying if you are prone to paranoia.

I would also stick to pure MDMA to make sure there aren't other drugs that you inadvertently taking that stay in your body longer.

This is all good advice.

I would guess that once you are in the Army, they will keep you too busy for you to really be able to take out the time to party with MDMA. It is obviously very important to you that you make it through this so I would suggest laying off of it until you are finished with your time there or at the least, feeling your way through and being very careful. MDMA is not going anywhere for a long time, and will be here waiting for you when you are done. It is honestly not worth risking a dishonorable discharge... you will be messed over the rest of your life as far as employment goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.