Shakes & Supplements. A waste of time compared to natural foods?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh I was talking to the guy who removed his posts.

Secondly,

Pharaoh Sphinx said:
umm I never said they dont do anything why dont you read a post instead of just makin false accusations as to somones point of view
hence theres absolutely no need to 'supplement' them. doing so will do nothing.
Oh really?

Btw, defination of suppliment:

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.0.1) - Cite This Source
sup‧ple‧ment  /n. ˈsʌpləmənt; v. ˈsʌpləˌmɛnt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[n. suhp-luh-muhnt; v. suhp-luh-ment] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. something added to complete a thing, supply a deficiency, or reinforce or extend a whole.

Defination of deficiency:

the state of being deficient; lack; incompleteness; insufficiency.

Supplimenting does not mean that you are adding something to your diet that doesn't exist there in any quantity previously. Otherwise very very few products at all would be considered suppliments considering the large range of vitamins, minerals, and amino acids a regular diet will give you.

Again, provide a study or leave the subject alone. You got no results from Creatine Monohydrate. Maybe you used it wrong? I've seen countless studies that show the results from a 5g daily dose of pure creatine monohydrate post work out with a small amount of water. If you can provide a study to show that it doesn't do anything, then go ahead. Otherwise you are just posting biased oppinion. Which is fine, but its not based on fact.

And creatine is incredibly inexpensive. Your regiment, which I briefly scanned is probably vastly more expensive (I really don't know prices on steroids and all that associated stuff). We are obviously working out for different goals so telling me "creatine won't help you" doesn't mean anything when you don't know what it is I'm doing or what my diet is like.

Uh I was talking to the guy who removed his posts.

Secondly,

Pharaoh Sphinx said:
umm I never said they dont do anything why dont you read a post instead of just makin false accusations as to somones point of view
hence theres absolutely no need to 'supplement' them. doing so will do nothing.
Oh really?

Btw, defination of suppliment:

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.0.1) - Cite This Source
sup‧ple‧ment  /n. ˈsʌpləmənt; v. ˈsʌpləˌmɛnt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[n. suhp-luh-muhnt; v. suhp-luh-ment] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. something added to complete a thing, supply a deficiency, or reinforce or extend a whole.

Defination of deficiency:

the state of being deficient; lack; incompleteness; insufficiency.
A lack or shortage, especially of something essential to health; an insufficiency: a nutritional deficiency.

Supplimenting does not mean that you are adding something to your diet that doesn't exist there in any quantity previously. Otherwise very very few products at all would be considered suppliments considering the large range of vitamins, minerals, and amino acids a regular diet will give you.

Again, provide a study or leave the subject alone. You got no results from Creatine Monohydrate. Maybe you used it wrong? I've seen countless studies that show the results from a 5g daily dose of pure creatine monohydrate post work out with a small amount of water. If you can provide a study to show that it doesn't do anything, then go ahead. Otherwise you are just posting biased oppinion. Which is fine, but its not based on fact.

And creatine is incredibly inexpensive. Your regiment, which I briefly scanned is probably vastly more expensive (I really don't know prices on steroids and all that associated stuff). We are obviously working out for different goals so telling me "creatine won't help you" doesn't mean anything when you don't know what it is I'm doing or what my diet is like.

you fail to eat a proper diet

Not everybody can eat the same diet for numerous reasons. For example, I'm lactose intolerant and meat is hard on my system as well. For my body, my current diet, although lacking in milk products and light on meat, is the best thing I could possibly be eating. I've never felt better actually.tter actually.

Last edited:
^

are you actually trying to compare steroids to creatine/glutamine supplementation? tell me you arent cause thats rediculous

ill gladly dishout $500 bucks for a cycle but I wont dish out even $5 for creatine.

back when I went to the public gyms id get guys with sub-par physiques asking me what supplements I take, id be like " just whey, efa oil and vitamins". theyd always be like "what, no creatine? glutamine? BCAAs? no this? no that? no super-mass-maker-6000??? - damn how you get such a nice physique man?"

and the response "I eat food and dont take supplmenets like theyre some kind of crutch for bad habits". Alot of people view supplements like they do steroids, theyre a crutch for your bad habits.

But clearly your going to beleive what your going to beleive and im going to beleive what im going to beleive so lets leave it at that. Ive argued this same topic like literally once every month here, its soooo boring.

No I wouldn't think of comparing Steroids and Creatine.. its too totally different processes I was only comparing the cost of your program when you're hating on mine which costs virtually nothing (I buy from a good source so its super cheap).

You argue this topic all day but have YET to provide me with a single shred of evidence - a study or research paper - backing up your point that Creatine and Glutamine don't do anything, which was what you initially and still are telling me. Its fine that you don't get results from using them, I seriously do. I have a nice body currently and work out daily. All I take are creatine/glutamine/protein and in very low quantities along with what I consider a balanced diet that works for me. I don't do steroids or anything, just keep it as natural as possible.

/shrug.

I'd just like to see ONE study at the very least. I'm all about learning but you aren't presenting facts, only bias.

saar_420 said:
Thanks for the replies. I guess the shakes do help a little.

Now, my training of eating loads of food, and then excercising is great and simple. However planning what foods to eat, and when to eat them to get maximum performance is where things get complicated.

Do you have a link to any page, or thread, that simplifies this and explains about insulin levels etc ?

I obtain a majority of my information from www.musclemedia.com and www.eas.com

Both sites are strictly drug-free formats.

Supplements are inferior to real food. The only reason I use them is for convenience (ie. whey after I finish training)

if i were to spend money ingesting poison, id at least want to get a result out of it. so steroids would be the go...

there is no excuse for not having your meals ready if you are serious about your physique. cook a weeks woth of meals on a sunday evening and freeze them.

thats convenience.

Thread closed

Essex boy/alien/bullshitfreezone go away. No one cares what you think, no one cares about 100 bucks worth of supplements. If you want to take your supplements or not doesn't bother me in the least. And why this is making you so upset is beyond me.

Keep acting like a child in a tantrum and you will quit being banned. Until then, stay out of my forum because you are starting nothing but trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.