• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy AMT Thread - Part 1 (Archived)

I had a very intense trip with smoking AMT. It took about a hour to come up but from the time I smoked it out of a meth pipe tilll the hour I was tripping In was coughing horribly. Imagine coughing for a hour before your trip... bleh
Tasted like burning plastic...and felt like the plastic had gooed on the inside on my throat. The trip was very insane though, The visuals were not as soft as a oral dose....More...how can I say...LINE-Y? Way more lines of color...Reality was broke up into multicolor spagehti threads D:

Most of my AMT experiences were with a vaporised dose. Even with vaporizing it, it was at least 30 min before I noticed anything... and several hours before things really picked up.

It tasted wretched, and the fumes smelled of mothballs and left a pungent taste in my mouth. If I took in too much at once, it hurt pretty badly too.

I usually smoked 30mg or so, which was close to 40mg or so orally.

Any more than 30mg, and it was too much discomfort/effort to vaporize it.

swim will be enjoying amt in the near future and is wondering about the effectivness of an amt laced joint to bring on an oral dose or intensify it during the middle of the peak

i think a joint would be a bad idea.
AMT has to be vaporized rather than having a direct flame put to it. That might actually destroy it. Which would be a big waste of a wonderful compound.

THE WOOD said:
It tastes like burning mothballs, and churns your stomach like a meat grinder, but such is the way of the RC.

:D LOL :D and so well put, man! ;)

I have smoked it too.... 4 or 5mg.... and yes it works. Subtle heartwarming social enhancer.... no serious issues except perhaps elevated heartrate, but I did drink several beers that night.

AMT as an MAOI

I was wondering if you could use AMT to make DMT and 5-MeO-DMT active orally because I know AMT has MAOI properties.I've heard of people taking AMT with MDMA and it caused an extreme Experience.Or I'll bet it can be used to potentiate mushrooms and mescaline(although it's dangerous).Even some of the many tryptamines available like DIPT, 4-Aco-DIPT, 4-Ho-DIPT, 5-MeO-MIPT, 4-Aco-MIPT, and 4-Ho-MIPT would probably become way more active.

alpha-MT has mild MAOI properties, but it will not make DMT orally active. Also, it seems that simply being an MAOI doesn't mean it will activate DMT. There are a number of beta-carbolines that are strong MAOIs, but do not make DMT orally active. Se J. Ott's Pharmacotheon for further details.

AMT is a competetive inhibitor of MAO-A that requires a concentration about 1000x that of harmaline to get the equivalent degree of inhibition (ie. not a feasable dose!). It's actually only about 50x the 'strength' of amphetamine when it comes to MAOI activity - enough to give amphetamine/MDMA/assorted psychedelics a slight 'boost' in strength, bur nowhere near enough to inhibit enough gut MAO to allow for oral DMT use

Using AMT to potentiate MDMA safely?

Has anyone sucessfully used AMT to potentiate MDMA safely? I realise its a MAIO but a mild one at that which is why i am intrested. I was thinking of maybe 20mg amt and followed by around 150mg of mdma a couple hour later. I think it'll be safe but i have no idea what i am talking about which i why i am asking. Has anyone or knows anyone who has attempted this with success without going overboard with the AMT (which are the only trip reports!) If noone knows anything i may lower the dose of the AMT for the first attempt and go from there :)

I dont want to hear it 'may' be dangerous because i already know that but rather anyone who has sensibly done it?

cheers

I think 20mg would be too much AMT. Too much in the respect that 20mg is enough to make you "tweak" and stay up for 2 days. You don't want that, do you? Try less. This is an interesting thing you brought up btw.

I've not tried this myself as yet, but have spoken to people who have. It depends on your typical AMT dosage - 20mg for me is quite mild, I'd usually take 30-35mg on its own, so I think 15-20 would be fine for combining with MDMA.

I do think you should start out with a lower dose of MDMA though - 70 or even 50mg as a first go would be sensible - I've been recommended that you take no more than half your usual MDMA dose. You can always titrate up if you havn't taken enough MDMA - be sure to wait until it's fully developed before you do though!

Hang on, I started a thread about this a while back - didn't use the search engine did you? Tut tut...

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=244158&highlight=amt*+mao*

Mods - perhaps merge these two?

I've used AMT and amphetamine together; memory's a bit hazy, but I do believe I went as far as 50mg of recrystallized amphetamine sulphate (from street supply - about 500mg of average-less than average speed) with 20-25mg of AMT, but that was approaching the range of 'do not enter' (I'd chewed my bottom lip by the end of the night.

As refards MDMA/MDA, I'd say no more than 60mg with 20mg of AMT (or 100mg with 10mg of AMT) - that doesn't mean that it's a starting dose either; if you take 20mg of AMT, keep it around the 40mg mark to begin with, just in case (you can always add another 20-30mg if not a lot seems to be happening by the 45 minute mark). Also, take the AMT at least 2 hours before the MDMA or the MAOI activity will not be fully effective and might lead to a misjudgement & consuming more MDMA than is safe as you'll be trying to judge it while the MAOI activity is increasing as well.

This is potentially dangerous in terms of altered biochemistry so if you don't have a clear understanding of what you're doing, & why, it would be best to wait until you do know - death from a combination of those 2 drugs would be horrible beyond imagination.

^altered biochemistry? Are you saying this combo could change the physiological nature of something in your body?

Just another way of saying 'you're fucking around with enzymes & neurotransmitter levels!'

AMT is such a rediculously weak MAOI that the principle this idea is founded on isn't sound. You would be tripping so fucking hard before you had any reasonaible MAO inhibition.

I recently tried 200mg of methylone on top of 10mg of AMT & it was very good. It didn't increase the effects of the methylone, but did seem to extend the peak of the methylone to almost double what you'd normally expect. Mind you, this is the first methylone I've had for over a year (got it as a birthday present!) so that's with zero tolerance (AMT is usually taken as 5mg/day as an antidepressant dose)

Now that sounds very interesting-what was the dosing schedule? AMT first I guess.
Any 2. day hangover?Or,improvement thereof?

Well the AMT was taken about 10am (2x my antidepressant dose) and the methylone was taken about 1pm (followed by an afternoon of feeding ducks, swans etc with my wife at the the local park). The empathogenic effects of the methylone seemed to last a good 3 hours, whereas normally I only get 1 & 1/2 - 2 hours.

Best of all, there was no noticable 'hangover' effect afterwards, it just seemed to blend in with the jolly effects of the AMT antidepressant activity (no physical effects, like headache either). I think 20-25mg of AMT followed by the methyone might be quite spectacular in it's effect (although I couldn't vouch that it wouldn't produce a headache...)

Last edited by a moderator:
AMT+DOC safe?

I never thought of this till after i took it -whoops- being AMT is a maio and everything. Has anyone ever attempted the combination, is it safe well i realise its not totally safe but how so. Ive had 50mg (not a powerful dose to me) and 4mg doc (Not a powerful dose either) There wasnt much amt left so i thought i'd add some doc to the mix. The gf is just on 30mg of amt

As it is now i had the AMT 1:40 ago and took the doc 40mins ago. The only effects i have well it feels just like MDMA coming up tbh :) How much of a stimulant is DOC being its in the amphetamine family.

I'm also attempting to write my first trip report we'll see how it goes im just writing notes and will finish it off later if i can manage it.

Please don't tell me im stupid for attempting this combination i honnestly never thought :( IF all goes well ill have a good trip report up later.

cheers

Apparently it is an extremely weak MAOI. I've taken it with a few other things, no real problems (though the drugs I took it would shouldn't have really been a problem anyhow).