• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy AMT Thread - Part 1 (Archived)

Acid + 50mg AMT

I have never heard of anyone taking the two together and was just wondering what the effects would be and if it is a good or bad idea?

i would say its a good idea, as long as you have taken both amt and lsd independently. When i took it my whole body felt like jello inside and i was pretty much euphoric and blissful for the entire trip. I reached a new level of visualization in my mind as well. People would come up and talk to me and as they were speaking a visual picture would appear in my mind and i would know what they were going to say next before they said it. :)

It seems most if not all psychedelic drugs have some MAO property. But obviously things like P.harmala have much more or rather a different kind. Exactly how much MAOI effect AMT has I don't know although I'd love to. certainly many of it's effects are redolant of other MAOI's & I've heard several reports of mixing mdma with AMT which sounded on the whole like dangerous interaction which would suggest caution.
Most antidepressant med seems to make one rather resistant to psychedelics and the response can be rather dulled. MDMA/MDA are often rendered almost inert. any psychedelic with an strong MAOI could case medical problems so I'd basically be a bit wary of antidepressants & AMT; who knows Moblobemide may potenial AMT even? As to 5MeO-aMT - know one knows - have heard of people mixing drugs with it without problems - I don't know about antidepressants but certainly mdma. So maybe it just a weak MAOI or perhaps they were lucky. No one has researched shit about 5meo-amt as far as I know - thats been left to us.

I am taking Celexa and i eat AMT all the time. Mixing these doesnt hurt me or at least it hasnt yet. So I am going to keep on parting with AMT.

I just tried AMT and Foxy the other night for the first time. I am currently on Paxil which is an SSRI, and it didn't seem to bother me any. I got the full effects and all....pretty cool stuff!

AMT insufflation

Ok I know in the past there have been a load of can you snort AMT type posts - I am merely asking for an interested party in the ratio between oral/insufflation dosages for example might 20mg (insuf) = approx 60mg (oral)? I know it will not work out a simple 3 times stronger or whatever but any imput would be helpful.

If you want to get a better absorbtion rate, instead of snorting it put it under your tongue or anywhere you would put chewing tabacco. Some of the AMT will be lost in your nose when you snort it

Snorting AMT is a bad idea, you will come up in 20 minutes, but the burn is horrid and the drip will stick with you most of the trip. Its not a fun time at all.

AMT and Foxy?????

can you mix those? what times should what be taken if could be taken. And any reports about this. thanks

There is a report on Erowid warning of a hospitilization with exactly that combo. I urge you to go through the trip reports there and read up. I don't believe thats going to be a good combo. I have done both before but because of all the shitty reports of such a combo, I have not done them together.

Heres one to get you nice and paranoid.
Amt/Foxy combo report

i've read multiple trip reports on this combo and all of them were negative and many include hosipitals etc

i'd stay away

AMT: low doses?

hey, i recently got hold of some AMT and was wondering about the effects of when you take low dose, i have read lots about amt from erowid and here but i couldn´t find much info about lower dosages.. i know when u take 30-50mg+ above its gonna be very trippy but i was wondering what are the effects when you take say.. 5-10mg orally, im not looking for trip i just wanna chill out and listen to some music n shit so if anyone got experience with low doses could u share? and if i take that low dose do u think it´ll keep me awake forever.. i got some valium and bud i could combine with this, and what if i smoked something like few MGs of amt would the duration of effects be shorter and would they come up faster?

mod's note: thread title has been edited to be more descriptive.

Last edited by a moderator:
i advice you to not smoke amt. it smells like fart spray and must taste like it too. smoked this is a lot more potent, oral treshold doses are between 5/15 mg, smoked this is up to 2 mg. only if you have a mg scale you could know the difference between 2 and 3 or 4 mg, so if you're going for a smoked treshold dose, be sure to weigh it first. oh yeah, when smoked the effects begin after 10 minutes and duration of the trip is shortened by 4 hours. i don't know if a treshold dose of amt is going to be very nice, it could keep you up forever, but i don't know, try it, post back, let us know!! thanks and good luck!!;)

A couple of my friends split about 10mg AMT and tried smoking it to no apparent effect.

AMT's redeeming factor in my opinion are the sweet almost-LSD-like visuals euphoric body buzz. At a low dose I would suspect you would leave these effects behind and just get the cracked out stimulation.

I did trip moderately hard from AMT with only 25mg though... but I did have some dank herb to go along with it, and I am sensitive to most psychedelics.

In my experience, low doses of 10-15mg oral produce mood elevation and moderate stimulation. This can be enjoyable depending on what it is you are seeking from this chemical. At this low dosage level the trippiness is minimal, but that's not to say it's inactive. Enjoy and be safe.

uNivErSaL said:
In my experience, low doses of 10-15mg oral produce mood elevation and moderate stimulation. This can be enjoyable depending on what it is you are seeking from this chemical. At this low dosage level the trippiness is minimal, but that's not to say it's inactive. Enjoy and be safe.

That sounds about right. If you are perceptive, you will still notice a little pleasant alteration and opening all through the day. It may be subtle, but it is there and can be fun.

As far as being concerned about sleep, this may be a problem depending on when you take it. Personally, I wouldn't consider taking AMT after 11 am, because I like to sleep at normal hours. I think AMT could keep you up and with low doses it will just be enough to annoy you.

Hope this helps.

I read somewhere, although I can't remember where, that in a foreign country (Russia i believe??) doctors at one time gave out AMT Hcl in 5 or 10 mg tablets as an antidepressant. If anything that much will probably give you a nice mood lift and a little spacey.

If you smoke it, do you know if you have the freebase or the salt (Hcl)? It'll pry make a difference...

Tried AMT freebase once at 12 mgs smoked, it totally turned me off from trying it again. I can concur concerning the negative effects, headache, nausea, uncomfortable stimluation. To this day it is one of the only substances I've tried that I didn't like in any way. I have given doses to friends orally with very positive results, but that one base experiment has kept me from doing any more. My curiousity is building though... See what the future has in store.

Indigo the medication you mentioned was marketed as Indopan in 5 & 10mg dosage units and it was sold during the late 1960's in the Soviet Union.

Indopan, yes, mah' wife's grandmother was prescribed this in the 1960s in the Soviet Union for depression, with a whole heap of other very strange stuff indeed.

the granny is still around btw, and i hope i am as sharp as she is at 92.

AET was Monase, Upjohn, USA.

both drugs deregistered from pharmacopoeias due to side effects.