• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

How to ease opiate withdrawl

youarewhatyouis said:
masterbate constantly and eat flavor ice popsicles

Just make sure you keep your mind on what you're doing or you may end up jacking-off the popsicle!!8( 8o 8) :\

Tar Baby said:
170 mgs of methadone a day keep wd's at bay. :p
Its legal and only $60.00 a week

That's expensive as fuck!! I'm prescribed 90 mgs of methadone daily [170 mgs & all I'd do is sleep], which is 270/10 mg pills monthly for $5 with my Medicare Rx Plan [normally $55 for 270 methadones].

my twisted remedy seems to be buy more at the moment, talk about steps forward to takes steps back. opaite withdrawal is a life time head fuck

^Good luck with it then banksy but man you aint getting any younger dig ?

i agree with butterfly in her first comment

clonadine
ibuprofen 600mg+
LOTS of benzos
and I would ditch the old tricyclic anti-d's and go with a modern anti-psychotic [Seroquel] or if you prefer the anti-d route for sleep I would suggest Trazadone

Taper your dose, have a positve mind set that its not going to be so bad [power of suggestion with op8 w/d is pretty massive]. Hot baths or Sauna's help combined with Niacin to excrete the opiates out quicker, i.e. sweat it out. As mentioned though be careful with the clonadine as you might stand up [if you can stand up] and fall out flat on your face. .10 mg does me fine to help with the edge. Immodium it helps if you want it to help, for harsh op8 w/d for stomach wreckage I have always went with Compazine, 5-10mg's traquilizing effects included.

Thats all I got... or remember at the moment
Seedless

Strangely I don't mind withdrawals too much as long as I'm prepared for them (with above mentioned meds) and there's nothing I have to do. It's the endless secondary withdrawals I can't stand (particularly the insomnia) that have driven me back to the opiates too many time to count since I decided to quit earlier this summer. I have some mild withdrawals right now from being an idiot last week and their a lot harder to get through then much more acute withdrawals I've been through at home just cuz I'm stuck here at work. Oh what I wouldn't give for my bed and some benzos and some mindless tv right now...

well bag beat me to it, but i was going to say if you want to sleep through withdrawls, get seroquel. if you are seroquel-naive, it will put you out.

I have taken ~150mg seroquel when sick to sleep until dope was available. All it ever did was fuck me up hard, w/ no sleep! It is not even a pleasant buzz, I find that I cannot sleep when sick or in w/d, even when medicated. The only ones that put me down are benzos and even then I need alcohol with them.

Suboxone or just Naloxone and an OTC pain killer. The moment you hit withdrawl pop a suboxone problem solved. It won't solve your addiction problem though, and don't be a moron - don't take the suboxone for fun because it's not.

if restricted to legal OTC; Loperamide/Immodium is a must; it is an opioid which hits all non-central nervous opioid receptors and maintains all effects from those to taper down on.

Because i'm pretty sure kratom doesn't have chemicals that are strong enough to stop opiate WD from oxycodone or heroin?

Opiate withdrawal is worse mentally than it is physically and trust me, i do have plenty of experience.... Keeping your mind suitably occupied used to work wonders when i was clucking... Hot baths are legendary too! But dont do what i did and start using benzos... Then you just have 2 habits to fund! Get yourself something for stomach cramps/the shits and sickness and try and get some mild OTC sleeping aids and tough it out cos the physical w/d from heroin is not as bad as methadone.. Ibuprofen is pretty cool for joint pain although you may have to take slightly more(Ibu+codeine=bad!)...But really the best and safest option is to get yourself treatment. And stop using lol! (If only it were this easy...)

Probably depends on how long your habit was before the five days of withdrawal (and hence whether during the 5 days you managed to metabolize the opiate out of your system). With oxy I've read that it can metabolize out of your system in anywhere from 36 hours to 2 weeks.

Now from personal experience, I did a couple lines on day 7 withdrawal then got really high on day 10 after a 7 month habit with no readdiction. I managed to use on day 5 of withdrawals (and not just a couple lines, more like an 40mg of oxy) after detoxing from a week - 10 day long binge twice and get away with it. I made sure I left another 5 days after that though because I in no way wanted to risk readdiction.

Anyway, if I were you I'd just stop now and see what happens. You might get away with it, you might not, but if you keep on going you'll have to go through full blown withdrawals again, which will totally suck. Might as well find out if you're screwed or not.

40 mg of oxy? snorted? wow ya'll dont know what real withdrawals are if thats the only habit your kickin....i'm in the middle of trying to kick a 4 year 30-40 Norco 10/325's a day habit and this is just pure hell and i'm in the middle of my second week.... the restless legs alone is enough to almost turn me into a madman by night. I never thought i would actually be terrified at the sight of the moon coming up ya know.....its like iknow the insomnia is creepin up on my ass and i can't stand this shit....i wish i would have never ate that first pill. by the way every dose was done with a CWE so my liver is fine...at least whatever the drinking has left behind is fine haha. but yeah 40 mgs of oxy in a sitting would be nothing to me....i couldnt even feel that if i were IV'ing it. You should be ok in a matter of days trust me you'll make it through i have faith in myself and all of you who are also in the middle of detox

why has no one mentioned just going to a doctor or detox clinic and getting weaned off with codeine/methadone/morphine whatever they want to use to wean you off? i heard that works wonder 8)

then again home remedies are fun!

I've read SOOO many of these discussions I should be certified in some form of medical science...I hope this "personal nuggett" from 1st hand experience will get me some good answers! So, Someone I know just got done w/a 1/2g. a day heroin habit, now they are asking me how long they should wait to take a suboxone. In MY personal experience, I have also screwed around with the H and taken subs to at least take the edge of the H w/d's. AND Ive taken them as soon as12-18 hours after my last puff of H with NO precipitated w/d symptoms. SO after reading the VOLUMES of advice regarding these 30 something-72 hour waiting periods to take your subs, I can only say, again from MANY YEARS of personal experience that its really not necessary, and keep in mind, Im talking about coming off STRONG H at approx. 1/2g. or more a day habit! Just sayin.....Ok, drugs suck, peace out...

Back to the original question of opiate withdrawal aids I would recommend the Thomas method. Magnesium for rls.

Potassium. Vitamin b12.
If you have valium or any benzos take them with alcohol to sleep.

Showers & bath sooth, Melatonin 10-20mg dual layer for sleep, & or Valerian root. Physical activity occupies the mind & burns nervous energy. Ibogaine HCL (from the African Iboga root) is the real cure for this, & is being/going to be further researched by MAPS; TO Canada has a detox center that's licensed as does Mexico & other places. It's has the effect of stopping craving & this can last for several days, including limiting or even stopping WD symptoms. This is a real idea to explore.
http://www.maps.org/research/ibogaine-therapy