• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

How to ease opiate withdrawl

hang in there zophen. i'm in the same boat. getting these coughs that are verging on vomit. eesh. luckily the tactile and muscle pain isnt that bad, hm wonder if ibuprofen would work for that.

Dunno try ibuprofen tho cant hurt,the sneezing is endless i've forgot about all this shit first WD in ten years.

yeah, i cant wait to get sent home from work for having my nose running like a faucet. it took me 2 hours just to work up energy to eat. this sucks!

but man...10 years is a long run. i cant even imagine what you must be goin through. mine is a baby wd compared to yours. were i you id go smoke some weed and take a bath.

I intend to not drop a shift mind I do nothing so no hardship at all.

and with that...its off to work. with the faucet nose and loperamide in pocket. we'll see how this goes, i feel like i can barely walk, but i'm probably just being stupid.

Zophen: thanks for the info man. I got so bored I started smoking again. I'm going to have to find another way to stop, I can quit cold turkey but it's staying off it that's hard.

I've been smoking the last 2 days after doing 5 days WD, am I back to square one withdrawal wise or will the WD's be less severe this time, if ya know what I mean? (If I stop smoking right now)

Once again, thanks buddy! ;p

Edit: I've learned that Zophen's away for the moment, if anyone else can kindly answer this?

p.s. stay strong

and with that...its off to work. with the faucet nose and loperamide in pocket. we'll see how this goes, i feel like i can barely walk, but i'm probably just being stupid.

Been there... it'll suck but if you're withdrawals are mild enough to even contemplate going to work you'll be ok. In that situation I always told myself if the going gets too tough I can just go home with the "flu" anyway. No one would be able to tell the difference and I'm sure you'll look sick enough that's it's believable!

You misunderstand I am doing nightshift which requires your presence only. I could not work if I tried honestly, I shall go and be there and then leave not work at all.

Nice to know theres other people going though just as bad withdrawels as me. I've been smoking a lot of pot but my legs still are achy as fuck. I cant stop sneezing and coughing up flem. I dont have acces to any benzo's either. Might try the DXm as someone recomended though.

its off to work. with the faucet nose and loperamide in pocket. we'll see how this goes, i feel like i can barely walk, but i'm probably just being stupid.

Sums it up nicely.

Like someone else mentioned, cold showers!!! They really do work. It will help shock your CNS and calm you down. It might be uncomfortable while your in the shower under the cold water, but afterwards you will feel much better.

Trust me on this, it really does help.

I do not trust that advice at all,. HOT BATHS yes cold showers you evil sod ugh.

Alancranley said:
I've been smoking the last 2 days after doing 5 days WD, am I back to square one withdrawal wise or will the WD's be less severe this time, if ya know what I mean? (If I stop smoking right now)

Probably depends on how long your habit was before the five days of withdrawal (and hence whether during the 5 days you managed to metabolize the opiate out of your system). With oxy I've read that it can metabolize out of your system in anywhere from 36 hours to 2 weeks.

Now from personal experience, I did a couple lines on day 7 withdrawal then got really high on day 10 after a 7 month habit with no readdiction. I managed to use on day 5 of withdrawals (and not just a couple lines, more like an 40mg of oxy) after detoxing from a week - 10 day long binge twice and get away with it. I made sure I left another 5 days after that though because I in no way wanted to risk readdiction.

Anyway, if I were you I'd just stop now and see what happens. You might get away with it, you might not, but if you keep on going you'll have to go through full blown withdrawals again, which will totally suck. Might as well find out if you're screwed or not.

170 mgs of methadone a day keep wd's at bay. :p
Its legal and only $60.00 a week

uumpaloompa said:
Like someone else mentioned, cold showers!!! They really do work. It will help shock your CNS and calm you down. It might be uncomfortable while your in the shower under the cold water, but afterwards you will feel much better.

Trust me on this, it really does help.

Thats what they do in the county jail here..theyd only allow cold showers if you bitched of WD's

Tar Baby said:
170 mgs of methadone a day keep wd's at bay. :p
Its legal and only $60.00 a week

You talking to me ? If so no, 170mg and 600 mg morphine aint required to keep WDs at bay, but I was good at getting what I wanted and I wanted to be wrecked and I was.:\

how long will it take for my WD's to stop and sleep to go back to normal? (Aprox, I know it's different for everyone)

When I got clean it took me 3 months to start sleeping normally. That was using absolutely nothing other than coffee and cigarettes.

Now I find myself in a similar situation again. I just can't wait that long now , work, family and such, that i am never able to get past 3 days it seems and I just cave in because it is easier than torturing myself for 3 months. last time I had a lot less responsibility.

I was thinking today that I bet almost everyone's body chemistry would go back to normal if they were only able to hack it out long enough.

edarrin said:
When I got clean it took me 3 months to start sleeping normally. That was using absolutely nothing other than coffee and cigarettes.

Now I find myself in a similar situation again. I just can't wait that long now , work, family and such, that i am never able to get past 3 days it seems and I just cave in because it is easier than torturing myself for 3 months. last time I had a lot less responsibility.

I was thinking today that I bet almost everyone's body chemistry would go back to normal if they were only able to hack it out long enough.

That fucking insomnia is the worst.

^I don't feel that fucked TBH but am aware that it may take a couple of years to sort out , I'll live with it , what else can I do ?