The calm and mature Lounge standards discussion thread ( not a "post pics" thread)

zephyr

Ex-Bluelighter
The calm and mature Lounge standards discussion thread ( not a "post pics" thread)

I thought it would be a good idea at this point in the degeneration/development of the lounge to get a feel for what subjects regular posters in the lounge would consider "fair game" for a typical lounge-style discussion.

There have been a few threads started by posters who have been posting here for a number of years that at one point would never have been closed and would have been taken as a light hearted tongue-in cheek parody of social/ethnic groups yet they seem to have crossed a newly set boundary line as to what is acceptable or not.

The lounge IMO is "post at your own risk" but shouldnt encourage bigotry or hate by any means and those standards are set by the moderators.

Some questions:

1) What standard of decency do you expect from this forum?

2) What subjects do you think are off limits to all ribbing/jokes?

3) Are there too many bloody picture threads in this forum? (I think so- enough already! :X)

4) What subjects do you think are actually ok to poke fun at that you might think not be acceptable to others?

5) Is this thread too serious for the lounge and are you only capable of posting pics of various types of women these days?

Discuss.

ps- I checked the lounge guidelines, they don't appear to have changed all that much over the years but maybe the list of mods in that guideline needs updating.
<3

'good' is in the eye of the beholder.

i think a lot of people view the lounge as a forum where you can create a thread or a post which contains absolutely any old shit, and it will fly. i've never seen it that way.

still, while i rarely put somebody on ignore, i have managed to tune out a lot of lounge posters and to tune in others.

i think 'be the change...' applies here, as ever.

alasdair

goatofthenever said:
We should stop the bigotry.

That is, unless it's about niggers, spics, or jews.

Or Fags. Don't foget those donut punchers.

^ that is, i think, the single most predictable response to a thread i've ever seen.

you really must try harder.

alasdair

^ you'll fit right in then champ. :D

ie Generic Fuckup, not Ali

studio.straet.woodct.jpg

How low can you go?

I really don't give a rats arse about the depths of depravity shown in the lounge, as long as it fairly warned (if necessary), it aint boring or redundant.

I see the lounge as an integral part of bluelight. While all the specific serious topics have shot off on forums of their own, what have you got left? IMO, a very interesting study in drug culture psychology. It's pure shit talk.

Sure, merge the redundancy, and purge of the boring, but once you regulate content with blanket restrictions, this place will negate itself.

1. none
2. only to keep public and private things seperate
3. merge them
4. anything, as long as it's FUNNY
5. where else to dicusss the lounge if not the lounge?

1) i expect no decency. i'm offended at decency.

2) you bring it up, you open yourself up to it. i know i'd never post about something in SLR that i didnt want brought up here. astridasteroid is a prime example.

3) i don't open them. im not 13.

4) rape - LID FTW!

5) I think this should be shot over to Support. ;) <3

Discussion:

i agree with ali. i think the lounge mods have done a good job at trying to reign in the nonsense ie no more posting what did you eat for your snack today type of threads.

while control like that is too much for some.. it's better off for the lounge b/c at least it means ppl have to try a bit harder.

regardless, this is the motherfucking lounge and to hell with being politically correct. fuck that noise. if things get more restricted, then it's just being ridiculous. i think it's pretty fucking egotistical to expect individual needs to be catered to here. so, fuck sensitivity.

I was going to type out a serious response to this, but really... I'll just say that one day Finder is going to walk out of his apartment and I'll be there waiting in the bushes. With a hunting knife. And wearing edible panties.

damn i just lost 50 bucks, i put my money on you wearing hunting panties and holding an edible knife

look, i am no stranger to tasteless humor. i appreciate it, but even for me their are lines.

i found it strange too that the muslim threads get shut down. that isn't tasteless, but in regards to what started this...rape? that is a line that doesn't get crossed.

everyond has a line though, so who am i to say who is right.

generic, youseem to think everything is game, what if someone lost a child, or a death in their family that hit close, would you think that is game? curious as to how low you would really go.

randycaver said:
so, fuck sensitivity.

straight up arsey.
grab ya strap on cuz we're about to make this "sensitivity" bitch a living double adapter

peeps, we need only two more to make a powerboard- WHO'S FUCKIN IN!?

the muslim threads got shut down (as did the post a pic of a hot isreali female military person thingie) b/c the person behind it.. posts nothing but threads about guns, bashing muslims or objectifying them, objectifying women, or praising war. It's redundant, tired, and not funny.

At least when most people in here make a somewhat offensive joke they have posts in CEP, T&A, or elsewhere that shows more of a dynamic to their personality than just pure offensiveness all day everyday. Those who haven't and have gotten away with it.. are usually funny and original enough for us to let it slide (CrystalMethBunny for instance.. some will disagree with me here).

I've always seen the lounge as a fun place and extremely subjective. I think consistency on certain issues by mods are key, but other things not so much. All in all people should know how to act responsibly to some varying degree to remain functioning on this board in a constructive manner. It's as simple as that. If you feel your post might be a bit too disruptive in a negative manner, probably best to not do it.

all in all l2r is on point :)

i wouldn't complain. as long as she keeps her mouth shut. girl is a bitch.

jk, i like that about her.

now.

edit, meant for tokey.

alasdairm said:
^ that is, i think, the single most predictable response to a thread i've ever seen.

you really must try harder.

alasdair

No need to rush man. There's still plenty of room on the bandwagon...

badwagon-1.jpg