The calm and mature Lounge standards discussion thread ( not a "post pics" thread)

I would like this to stay in the lounge so the regulars can jump in and have a say as to what they think of the overall standard of the lounge and how THEY CAN IMPROVE the lounge if they see fit to.

It would also save a whole lot of butthurt feelings of people who start a lounge thread IN FUN only to have it closed and then be accused of being a bigot.

Thankyou Tokey, I would love to rub my nipples against darth mom at the next opportunity I get
<3

omg zephyr and darthmom

damn i think i just pre-came a tiny bit

oh shit my bad dont read that

DigitalDuality said:
the muslim threads got shut down (as did the post a pic of a hot isreali female military person thingie) b/c the person behind it.. posts nothing but threads about guns, bashing muslims or objectifying them, objectifying women, or praising war. It's redundant, tired, and not funny.

At least when most people in here make a somewhat offensive joke they have posts in CEP, T&A, or elsewhere that shows more of a dynamic to their personality than just pure offensiveness all day everyday. Those who haven't and have gotten away with it.. are usually funny and original enough for us to let it slide (CrystalMethBunny for instance.. some will disagree with me here).

I've always seen the lounge as a fun place and extremely subjective.

all in all l2r is on point :)

cmb was a fucking genius, he always had me rolling. i was sad to see him go.

who's a bitch? !?!\

ok in regards to rape.. i didn't want to discuss this seriously but c'mon.

if you get raped, and you're a known person on bl, would you seriously come on here and discuss it? no offense meant to anybody (and i mean that, b/c ppl deal with things differently) because .. i can understand desperation.. but the last place i'd talk about it would be here. i am fully aware that there are people here who hate me and could use that against me to hurt me. soo yeah. it doesn't make sense to me to talk about private stuff like that on here. most don't. most wouldn't.

forums are not mutually exclusive. anybody on bl can read anything in any forum. it's unfortunate that this forum isn't as compassionate as it could be, but let's face reality. this is a drug forum, not a plurry hugs all the time forum. we're not about light shows and cuddle puddles. the lounge revolves around flames. it has for ages. i've had shit thrown at me from my journal on here and as a result i've censored myself. i'm cool w/it.

DarthMom said:
look, i am no stranger to tasteless humor. i appreciate it, but even for me their are lines.

i found it strange too that the muslim threads get shut down. that isn't tasteless, but in regards to what started this...rape? that is a line that doesn't get crossed.

everyond has a line though, so who am i to say who is right.

generic, youseem to think everything is game, what if someone lost a child, or a death in their family that hit close, would you think that is game? curious as to how low you would really go.

As mentioned above, the board cannot be catered for one lest it be catered for all. The issue you keep bringing up is a thread where people open themselves up to being personally attacked. If a thread were created to exploit personal issues such as these it would be immediately dealt with.
relax buddy.

you are baby, you are. i am sorry, i am not obsessed with her bitchiness the way i am yours, noone can top you my bitch whore.

<3

L2R said:
As mentioned above, the board cannot be catered for one lest it be catered for all. The issue you keep bringing up is a thread where people open themselve up to being personally attacked. If a thread were created to exploit personal issues such as these it would be immediately dealt with.
relax buddy.
think you are the one who needs to relax, bud. zephyr asked a question and *gasp* it got answered. nothing more than that.

love love

zephyr stated "calm and mature."

lets try to make it that way :)

I will say this. I promised if the roasts got out of control i would stop them.

So those who are hell bent on being over the top offensive, and those intent on standing up for someone... who hasn't issued a complaint.. i suggest everyone calm down. This thread is definately a spin off of the situations rising out of the roasts and as much as i don't want to, i have no problem putting them to a hault.

Like i said, people handle it like responsible adults, or it's going to be taken away. So please, don't ruin the fun before i have a chance to rip on rc. :)

sorry, just thinking of arsey in a strap on got me bloody boilin.

i dunno i dont mind some of the foulness in the lounge, it lets me know whos cool and whos a turd. some people, (a few aforementioned) are really damned funny with it. others are just feggin retarded. its a nice filter.

I have notihng to add that can't be found via a google picture search, but for fear of incurring the wrath of Zephyr I timidly refrain.

I expect no standards, I expect absolutely minimal censorship, and regarding 'post a pic of..' type threads- you don't like them, then don't post in them. I agree they can reach certain depths of inanity which may or may not encourage violence and suicide, but I could say that about a lot of things in life.

Nothing is out of bounds, as far as humour is concerned, either everything is OK to poke fun at and ridicule, or nothing is (insert rant about freedom of expression).

And as far as hummus is concerned you can never have too much garlic, and excessive tahini can be balanced by adding less lemon juice or even blending in some soft tofu.

I think it's swell that a single post of mine caused the entire forum to question the fundamental structure of one of their most popular folders.

The intranets is serious shit. Everyone better get on a side before the bullets start flying.

DigitalDuality said:
the muslim threads got shut down (as did the post a pic of a hot isreali female military person thingie) b/c the person behind it.. posts nothing but threads about guns, bashing muslims or objectifying them, objectifying women, or praising war. It's redundant, tired, and not funny.

I've always seen the lounge as a fun place and extremely subjective.

I agree with this- that poster is meth the chef right? He IS a bigot :p

I think the lounge needs more discussion happening in it with less stupid pic threads which IMO are a cop out (except for Kobe's awesomeness ;).

Discussion IN the lounge, not its related chat rooms, which arent used by all lounge regulars and people who visit occassionally probably dont even know the chat rooms exist.

Big ups to sick puppy and his roast beef sandwich thread- thats a kinda good example of what I mean- there has been a hell of a lot of participation and interest in that thread, I think we need more of that type of thread.

don't feel bad genericmind, i actually got a whole forum shut down with a link to a retard joke pic.

i should have known old ladies who like to talk about their cockatiels couldn't handle it, but i just couldn't resist. it was so apropos.

GenericMind said:
I think it's swell that a single post of mine caused the entire forum to question the fundamental structure of one of their most popular folders.

The intranets is serious shit. Everyone better get on a side before the bullets start flying.

I thought of posting this thread a long time ago sweetheart. Get over yourself.

I guess I was the cameltoe that broke the Zephyr's back then.

Either way, it's hilarious.