The calm and mature Lounge standards discussion thread ( not a "post pics" thread)

zephyr said:
So yeah, it was kinda a crap thing to do, but it was fun regardless as she was such a piece of shit.
not applying that thinking to, say, the roast threads (or the lounge in general) would seem to me to be a double-standard?

alasdair

zephyr said:
You have a really good point, I apologise for my harshness to you earlier, which was misguided and not related to your posts that others were complaining about.

Heres a little LID history so you get the complete picture as to why that went down and so you can see she is not really comparable to KITD.

She posted some stupid thread "ask anything about the wonderful me" I think it was, which got assraped thoroughly, lounge style, as it was a pretty stupid thread. When that got closed, she started flooding all other threads with crap to do with that thread and it just snowballed.

Lilyisdancing's antics went beyond just feeding of negativity. She literally posted every second post in every thread that was active, taking them extremely off topic (even for the lounge) and centering any topic of conversation around her. Practically 24 hours a day. I dont think she ever slept or moved from the computer. Then she took to pming anyone who responded in any way towards her ( I think I received around 10 of them myself, randycaver I KNOW received plenty.)

Lilyisdancing took her plight off BL and flooded the bluelight community in livejournal as well. She did not heed any guidance given by any mod (in her many threads in support, the lounge, journal, bloody ANYWHERE).

Lilyisdancing then began threatening to kill herself and caused a ruckus on dancesafe (this is second hand info from a source at LJ, not that it is relavent anyway as dancesafe is crap).

This went on for quite a while. By the time she posted her "Im asking you nicely not to be assholes" thread (comedic hilarity saved for posterity in the archives) everyone had enough of her, she was well on her way to being banned anyway so yeah, she did deserve the ass raping she got. The lounge regulars reserved the right to give her that assraping as nothing else was getting through.

So yeah, it was kinda a crap thing to do, but it was fun regardless as she was such a piece of shit.

ok you've got the details pretty much right, just not the whole picture

LID did hijack quite a few threads that night. one of them being my "rasie your hand if you're unemployed" in which she began talking about how she was receiving government crazy checks. in comes mariposa berating her about the crackheads she deals with all day and how LID was a lazy worthless piece of shit. now if you know anything about LID she has a compulsory mechanism which prevents her from staying out of a thread once she has been attacked.

this was also the case in "the getting to know me thread." people flamed her for being a newb. she objected that she has been on dancesafe longer than most of those people, and even said say your worst, it wont get to me. so...we gave her our worst. after every 5 attacks or so she would respond to in bullet points. finally it was taken to PMs. she was banned for good reason. but it wasn't from trolling. it was responding to the attacks with more attacks and once you say the wrong word to michael, you're out

and so it went to LJ. lily had dozens of friends post on michael's page telling him how unfair it was, not being mean in any way. but when you have 20-30 people flooding your page, you're gonna get a little pissy and he was. so now we have LJ drama, and LID trying to fly under the radar in BL. eventually she got IP banned and that was the last bluelight ever saw of her.

me and LID met after i sent a rape joke through PM (thread got closed right before i posted it). now mind you it wasn't graphic, and it was as clever as a rape joke could be, and at that time, i didn't really give a fuck about anyone. i believe it was along the lines of "i dont know the details of your rape, but based on how fuckled up you came out, it must have your daddy". but LID has a way with words and was actusally able to convince me that me and at least half of BL was being a little piece of shit that day.

did I mention she has psychological problems? the compulsion to respond to drama is coupled with the fact that she becomes really really repetitive. her arguments will be reiterated 3-4 times in a single post. if you took the time to read her posts, you'd figure out they've got more substance to them than 90% of whats on BL. After all she has been a mod at dancesafe for years, and is pretty active in other online communities

just think what might have happened if we hadn't driven her to her ultimate BL destruction. could she have been a mod by now? savior of the lounge? who knows?

just mildly curious, did lilyisdancing ever post nudies??

bc kandy was massively hated and rejected by you "peeps" but after she did just that, nudes, she was wonderfully accepted.

just wondering.

oddly enough, she posted nudes AFTER people cracked all the rape jokes at her.

That's when she lost credibility with me.

Beatlebot said:
oddly enough, she posted nudes AFTER people cracked all the rape jokes at her.

That's when she lost credibility with me.

She probably just desperately wanted everyone to like her, which is pretty crazy considering all the things people said to her.

^ Maybe

The thing is, with someone like that, they are going to get assraped here sooner or later. I think most people who post in the lounge have had to suck up some rude, arsehole comments thrown their way. She just couldn't let it go. The lounge isn't here to raise someone up and give them all the special attention they think they need. It's not here to be anybody's counsellor and it certainly is never going to cater to the sensitivities of people with fragile egos.

Thank fuck for that.

However, if it's going to cause continued disruption like this to the board, maybe people should just stop making rape jokes altogether. There are plenty of other things in the world for people to joke about.

AmorRoark said:
Nice effort medi but I think you need to get more saucy with it. :)

haha yeah that wasnt close to as good as a mashead. but still funny.

The thing is, with someone like that, they are going to get assraped here sooner or later. I think most people who post in the lounge have had to suck up some rude, arsehole comments thrown their way. She just couldn't let it go. The lounge isn't here to raise someone up and give them all the special attention they think they need. It's not here to be anybody's counsellor and it certainly is never going to cater to the sensitivities of people with fragile egos.

Thank fuck for that.

However, if it's going to cause continued disruption like this to the board, maybe people should just stop making rape jokes altogether. There are plenty of other things in the world for people to joke about.

+1

AmorRoark said:
Nice effort medi but I think you need to get more saucy with it. :)

I've been out the lounge for far too long, I don't even know half the posters here, let alone their stereotypical internet forum musings. I'll update when I've done more reading! =D

alasdair said:
Originally Posted by zephyr
not applying that thinking to, say, the roast threads (or the lounge in general) would seem to me to be a double-standard?

alasdair

Yes it would. Has the lounge ever been double-standard free?

I think we should all just have more sex and take more drugs. Thats what it all boils down to in the end.

Last edited:
bowdenta: a way with words? i spoke with her too, and in my opinion, she was even crazier in PM than on the board. i don't know of anybody else but you who spoke with her on PM that found that she made sense. it was like talking to a brick wall.

I tried to help her out via PM as well, but she went all crazy on me there. So I gave up and let the wolves have her.

you didn't. i was confusing two different posts/posters. apologies. my mind is in an odd place these days.

alasdair

^ Please refer to my previous sex/drugs suggestion. Im off to do one of those things right NOW
...not the sex one unfortunately. :(

bowdenta said:
After all she has been a mod at dancesafe for years, and is pretty active in other online communities

I'm pretty sure she lost her mod spot there right before she decided to come here.

oh, and active in other communities? LJ doesn't count. any (and all) emo idiots are accepted there.

I came in just as LID's 'Im asking you nicely not to be assholes' thread was posted. It made me feel warm and fuzzy inside, it was a great introduction to the board.

So:

1) Jews are out
2) Muslims are out
3) Homosexuals are out
4) Ethnic Minorities are out
5) Rape is out

What the hell is still good and fun to pick on? Heres my list:

1) Finder
2) All Americans apart from and inclusive of Finder
3) Hippies/ Doofers
4) Emos
5) New Zealanders
6) Drummers

Bloody hell, what else is there to pick on?

^wrong,
it's just uncreative and unfunny that's out.

And HIPSTERS! If we all made a more conscious effort to pick on Hipsters the world would be a better place. Especially if it inspired a hipster mass suicide.