• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

is topamax recreational?

^ Agreed

I personally know someone IRL who asked this question fairly recently, not everyone can be an expert on drugs/ pharmacology

It is not recreational, but at high doses in my experience it is incredibly psychoactive. But the experience is one of the worse things ive ever experienced

Ever had the rushing thoughts from substances like tramadol or hydrocodone? Its like that.. But constant, and inverted.

I’ve been taking Topamax, 150mg - 200mg/daily, since 1999. It most certainly does not produce any effects that you’d enjoy. As someone mentioned, Topamax affects one’s word finding ability, which is tough for me, because I was always like my own thesaurus. It also can change the way things taste. And yes, it’s known as Dopamax cause you’ll feel not so smart when you take it.
I tried to get off Topamax in 2019 because I felt it was affecting my job performance. Within about 10 days, however, I was getting nearly daily migraines, which is the reason I was taking Topamax in the first place. I really don’t have a lot of hope of going off this drug unless something miraculous becomes available that can help so well with migraine prevention. I’ve tried a variety of meds, but nothing works as well as Topamax in this arena. I’m happy I’ve now dropped down to 150mg/daily from the 200mg/daily I was on for years. But it would be nice to be off this entirely.