• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Your favorite psychedelic, and why (Part 2)

What is your favorite psychedelic?

• LSD

Votes: 173 38.3%
  • Psilocybin mushrooms

Votes: 101 22.3%
  • Mescaline cacti

Votes: 17 3.8%
  • DMT/Ayahuasca

Votes: 14 3.1%
  • Hawaiian Baby Woodrose/Morning Glory seeds

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Ketamine

Votes: 36 8.0%
  • MDMA (or MDA)

Votes: 44 9.7%
  • DOC (or one of the other DOx's)

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • 2C-B

Votes: 6 1.3%
  • 2C-I

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • 2C-E

Votes: 13 2.9%
  • 2C-T-x

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Some other lesser-known molecule

Votes: 27 6.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
illuminati boy said:
I notice that 4-HO-DIPT, 4-HO-MIPT, 5-MeO-DMT, AMT, 2C-D, 2C-P, and Salvia Divinorum are all absent… I would wager that there are quite a number of persons that would vote for one of them.

I B

I know, but the poll was just too long when I included, like, the whole list of everything we have a B&D thread for, so that was why I created the last choice up there. I originally did have a more comprehensive list, but I had to choose the more popular ones, which was a difficult decision to make. But you have to admit, these tend to be the ones you hear about most often (except for 2C-B, but how can I include its analogues if I don't include it?). No matter what, someone would end up saying I missed something.

Sorry, guys, to anyone who feels left out in the list. :(

And Salvia... honestly... I thought I remembered to keep that one on there. Doh! :eek:

Church that was funny ! but fairy said K

k is not technically psychedelic.

and MDMA hmmm. why dont we all just stick to a current definition from a dictionary. and the etymology of the word is dome like Psyche MIND and DELIA which is to make and image or impression (as in indelible ink??) (right ?? I am guessing ), like drawings in the mind .no?

and the guys who inveted the word probably wanted it to be applied to drugs who main quality is to do that , h which eliminates mdma and k from this thread . no ?

Is salvai a psychedelic ? when I did it I went Into a DREAM while awake a flew over a corn field that kinda shit it aint acid if it were id eat it now, I have PILE of salvia collecting dust !

massive amounts of great hash will create
more lsd-like imagery than MDMA will,
by the way.

really church ? link or point me to where this is said please. I dont doubt you ( well maybe i do ) but i wanna know the best source for the criteria for what ake a drug a psychdelic.

K is not a psychedelic?

Jeez, have you ever been in a K-hole?8o

lsd is definitely my favorite, but being since it is quite hard to come by decent quality lsd , ketamine would be a close second!:)

have I been In a K hole ??yes ----
and I had a near death experience too .
why?

stillbeing said:
have I been In a K hole ??yes ----
and I had a near death experience too .
why?

Why would you not consider a k-hole experience a psychedelic one ?

stillbeing said:
really church ?

Well, yeah. In its original context it was referred to as compounds that facilitated the opening up of one's mind, that caused one to have religious and/or therapeutic experiences, that made one think differently, that made people become more aware of the nature of being aware... that kind of stuff. That's the Church definition, but its based on the original context of the word.

I don't think it's fair to think of "psychedelic" and "hallucinogen" as being synonyms.

MDMA, K, Salvia, 5-MeO-DMT... they are all psychedelics, even if they are not psychedelic to every single user.

well Ravr . I am not going to be fierce about my stance on this because I dont feel qualified just yet ( and I m crashing from three days of methed up fun ) but to me ( and I dont belive in life after death by the way ) a K hole is a disassciative experience , FOR ME any way there were no intricate colorful geometries. there were realistsic ( granted shrooms an do this too but they also do the color and linearity stuff ) visions even when i opened my eyes and saw urine colored wet crystals dripping form every part of the room ( my 1st K trip ) it wasnt imaginative or azteckian or language like or what ever and musci was not holographic or extraspacial or etc etc. but thats my subjective view i dont have the criteria meeb i willl go to wikipedia.com right now b4 I pass out .
y'all maybe totally right , the I will admit it . QL would that SOUND drug Sincia ( spell ? ) be a psychedelic ?

ahh the every single user part you just said I especially Like but it is an aspect that peopel on BL have to reminded of every 2 goddamn seconds so. I wasnt even going to go there jst yet but it is important the whole IT S not the same for everyone I have a pla who gets NOOOOOOOOOO effect from shrroms or dxm ( he lack te enzyme in his bisy ) but he trips near acid like of e with pot , and fairly well off acid. xanax does nothiing to hom amounts thats out to put him to sleep , but a hit a of oyt and he is liie TRIPPING hahah so good point church

sorry a hit of pot and he is practiucally tripping colors great music blows his mind . he is speechless etc sorry I cant type cool thread tho gnite !

Ok so... I think not enough people have done mescaline, because there should be way more votes up there than mine and another guy's for it.

I don't really consider k a psychedelic (dissociatives are sometimes grouped under the psychedelic umbrella, and sometimes not), it is but it isn't, which is sort of what I was getting at with my comments about how I view it as a unique drug in its own category. I would say MDMA is like that as well.

Church, we must have widely differing definitions as to what makes a drug psychedelic. Powerful and mind-manifesting does not make something psychedelic for me. I need mindfuck, or visuals, preferably both. There's no mindfuck on mdma -- mental perception is altered, but it's not a 'trip'. Maybe I just don't consider it an alternate enough reality.

The word "mindfuck"... now there's another word that's difficult to define and get people to agree with. Because see, to me, "mindfuck" is a word that defines having a powerful mind-blowing trip with emphasis on disorder, and confusion, and the psychopathic side of the Universe... which is simply one side of the coin of polarity, the other side being the experience of having a powerful, mind-blowing trip with emphasis on the beauty, connectedness, order, symmetry, and got-it-all-together-ness of the Universe, which is what ecstasy does to me, and apparently many other people who claim it has changed their lives.

Hmmmm.

I don't think mindfuck requires chaos and confusion. Beauty, order, harmony etc -- those are definitely part of mindfuck for me.

But I don't find MDMA very intellectual. It is an emotional-fuck, a heartfuck if you like, but it's not intellectual for me. Does that get at the issue better?

It is possible that my view of world, pre-MDMA, is close enough to the MDMA induced perception that it's not mindblowing in that sense for me. Perhaps your virgin perspective was different enough? Just brainstorming here.

MDMA was still life-changing for me, and I firmly believe the world would be a better place if everyone tried it at least once, but it wasn't intellectually mindblowing.

Well said. I agree... MDMA isn't intellectual. MDMA is to me, emotionally, what LSD is to me, intellectually. But that in itself was mind-blowing enough. And yes, my pre-MDMA perception was significantly different from the post-perception.

Status
Not open for further replies.