Weight Gain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pharaoh Sphinx said:
^

no way. GET UDOS Uprising. I pay $50 for a bottle that lasts 3 months at 8tbsp a day 7 day a friggin week. That aint expensive AT ALL. If thats expensive to you your too broke ass to even have a gym membership so who you foolin liftin cinder blocks and parked cars, comon now be real.

You want expensive go buy some whey protein thats EXPENSIVE compared to EFA, you gonna bitch about what cost lots help the guy find some CHEAP whey cause I spend about 50x as much $ on whey as I do UDO's and im using your supposed 'overpriced' oil, pfffsssh, make some sense.

IF your in the USA I can help you get the absolute most premium whey isolate for $6 a lbs but you gotta buy by either the pallet, or 50lbs bag. Its handsdown best whey ive ever used in my life. You can get a free 1lbs sample bag from them before you buy just so you can see how absolutely premium it is. If your in OZ or the UK I dunno jackshit. I know a good place in Canada though if your there.

Always buy whey wholesale if your serious about gaining. You'll be using alot of whey no matter what whey you slice it ;)

I don't really use whey, not alone at least. I like a more of a variety of protein sources, so I usually use MRP's. I'd rather skimp on oils than your protein source. A service size of udos is 3g of fats? Doesn't seem worth the jacked up price to me, especially when olive oil is readily available, cheaper, and has more cals for gaining weight.

On top of that, if you're already eating a well-rounded diet, you should be getting enough of the essential fats.

Pharaoh Sphinx said:
^

no way. GET UDOS Uprising. I pay $50 for a bottle that lasts 3 months at 8tbsp a day 7 day a friggin week. That aint expensive AT ALL. If thats expensive to you your too broke ass to even have a gym membership so who you foolin liftin cinder blocks and parked cars, comon now be real.

You want expensive go buy some whey protein thats EXPENSIVE compared to EFA, you gonna bitch about what cost lots help the guy find some CHEAP whey cause I spend about 50x as much $ on whey as I do UDO's and im using your supposed 'overpriced' oil, pfffsssh, make some sense.

IF your in the USA I can help you get the absolute most premium whey isolate for $6 a lbs but you gotta buy by either the pallet, or 50lbs bag. Its handsdown best whey ive ever used in my life. You can get a free 1lbs sample bag from them before you buy just so you can see how absolutely premium it is. If your in OZ or the UK I dunno jackshit. I know a good place in Canada though if your there.

Always buy whey wholesale if your serious about gaining. You'll be using alot of whey no matter what whey you slice it ;)

Na, I'll get the UDOS oil and give it a go. I'm in the UK.
As for splashing out loads on expensive whey though, not a chance. I won't get any cheap shit but I'm not serious enough to splash out loads. I'm not a bodybuilder, just want to put on some weight and look/feel a bit better about myself (although I'm not THAT skinny, I'd rather be bigger).

Uprising said:
Na, I'll get the UDOS oil and give it a go. I'm in the UK.
As for splashing out loads on expensive whey though, not a chance. I won't get any cheap shit but I'm not serious enough to splash out loads. I'm not a bodybuilder, just want to put on some weight and look/feel a bit better about myself (although I'm not THAT skinny, I'd rather be bigger).

If that's the case, pass on the udos and get protein. You're not gonna grow unless you're getting enough calories, especially protein. If there's one supplement people need it's protein...not fats. Throw down a shake or two a day and hit the gym hard and you'll be growing before you know it.

bulldog_10 said:
If that's the case, pass on the udos and get protein. You're not gonna grow unless you're getting enough calories, especially protein. If there's one supplement people need it's protein...not fats. Throw down a shake or two a day and hit the gym hard and you'll be growing before you know it.

I think he meant he doesnt want to buy whey in bulk quantities, just by the week or whenever he needs a tub

but in the end itll cost him considerably more

id rather just throw down the $300 or so for a few months supply and not have to think about it, but if your not thinkin long term commitment then that dont make much sense

Pharaoh Sphinx said:
I think he meant he doesnt want to buy whey in bulk quantities, just by the week or whenever he needs a tub

but in the end itll cost him considerably more

id rather just throw down the $300 or so for a few months supply and not have to think about it, but if your not thinkin long term commitment then that dont make much sense

I agree...I usually buy shitloads at a time. That way prices are better and you know you're gonna use it all...and it's a good investment.

Only thing I was saying was that if he's worried about money and only wants to buy one supplement, protein would be the choice.

I'll buy on an as and when needed basis at first, but once I get into it (which I'm sure I will, I'm a very intense person) I'll start buying in bulk. I don't want to be risk being left with shitloads that I'm not gonna use or that's gonna be wasted because I've become too lazy to eat properly etc, know what I mean?
I might not feel the same in a few months as I do now.

Pharaoh Sphinx said:
If thats expensive to you your too broke ass to even have a gym membership so who you foolin liftin cinder blocks and parked cars, comon now be real.

so because i dont buy Udo's i'm "too broke ass to even have a gym membership" haha... and you talk about "real?" ok homie dawg, i'll keep it rizzeal. fo' sheezy nukka. 8)

Pharaoh Sphinx said:

i dont use cheap protein. sorry. i get mine at www.synthetek.com $20/lb for pure whey isolate. sounds crazy. i didnt believe it, tried it. found out its worth it. so i keep paying it. I used to pay $25 for 3 lbs. and that was discount online, at GNC it was $50 for the same 3 lbs. not anymore. i'll pay for quality when there's a noticeable difference. You can buy cheap protein, but chances are, you're getting just that... cheap quality protein. thats one compromise i'm not willing to make. you say you spend 50 times as much on protein as you do Udo's oil. $50 (oil) x 50 = $2500. unless you're Ronnie Coleman how does that make sense? oh wait, you're not trying to make sense, you're too busy keepin it rizzle fo' shizzle. %)

i never noticed a difference when i used Udo's or olive oil. if i didnt notice a difference, why pay more? how does that make sense.

maybe you should encourage this guy to spend more where it does make a difference. i have no problems paying for quality.

but then again, you dont care. you're "keeping it real." you spend $2500 like its nothing. you probably put 22'' rims on your 89 Honda. jackass. you keep reppin' fo' yo' 'hood. i'll keep doing reps in the gym.

Pharaoh Sphinx said:

how can you tell how good a protein is by only using 1 lb? thats not really giving it a chance. 1lb probably only last a few days.. how much of a difference can you notice in a few days? and how can it be the "absolute most premium whey isolate" at $6/lb?? which brand is this? what process is used to make this whey? what else is added to it? how does this company turn a profit when they're making the "absolute most premium whey isolate?" there's different ways to make whey isolate. there's the cheap shit ways (which 99% of the companies use cuz they can make more) and there's the expensive way to make the best quality isolate. more expensive production = less profit. when it comes to protein, i'm not buying the cheap shit.

maybe you should look into lifting cars and cinder blocks and saving your gym membership money. holla at ya dog. fo' shizzle 8)

Pharaoh Sphinx said:

wow. we actually agree on something.

^^^
Holy shite bro chill out, its just a forum. I have half a mind to close the thread considering all of the mud slinging, but there is good info in this thread. I'm not going to edit your post because its a pain in the ass, but I will delete it if anyone responds to it. Considering it is sphinx, I'm sure he will, and THEN I will close the thread 8( .

Just play nicely, your post has a valid arguement, I just can't stand to see/read it because its so much flaming. Argue the facts.

Thanks

LOL comon now, no one gonna take somone named Jo Jo Dancer serious, with a an alias that lame I dont even need to flame you to feel justified in your disgrace

the difference between udos and olive is a lil thing called the ratio of omega 3-6-9's, olive lacks the absolute perfect ratio, UDO's does NOT. Whats so hard to understand about that?

read a book maybe?

anyways, if the guys wantin my advice he best follow every single little detail otherwise whats the point of givin advice if they just gonna pick and choose what they want to beleive and what they dont, just follow it all regardless of cost for just 4 weeks and then you'll see

if you wanna get cheapskate after that go the hell ahead and tweak whatever variables you want, just so long as you remember what it feels like to be in a truly flawless state of growth, so you have a reference point when you adjust variables and can compare how they go verse that state to find what works best for your life schedule and budget

Pharaoh Sphinx said:
LOL comon now, no one gonna take somone named Jo Jo Dancer serious, with a an alias that lame I dont even need to flame you to feel justified in your disgrace

the difference between udos and olive is a lil thing called the ratio of omega 3-6-9's, olive lacks the absolute perfect ratio, UDO's does NOT. Whats so hard to understand about that?

read a book maybe?

anyways, if the guys wantin my advice he best follow every single little detail otherwise whats the point of givin advice if they just gonna pick and choose what they want to beleive and what they dont, just follow it all regardless of cost for just 4 weeks and then you'll see

if you wanna get cheapskate after that go the hell ahead and tweak whatever variables you want, just so long as you remember what it feels like to be in a truly flawless state of growth, so you have a reference point when you adjust variables and can compare how they go verse that state to find what works best for your life schedule and budget

BigBenn.. my appologies to you.

In many cases gaining muscle is not about nutrition, it is about exercise. You can have the most perfect diet with all the macro nutrients timed precisely, but if you are fiddling with bicep curls you will see zap muscle growth. All this nutrition non-sense is just a perpetuated myth started by supplement companies who want you to eat more, and take more of their supplements.

Worry about squatting enough, coupled with heavy militaty presses and deadlifts three times a week, try to eat at least twice a day (make sure there is some protein in the meals) and wait about 2 years. Then go back to this thread and have a good laugh.

Roy said:
In many cases gaining muscle is not about nutrition, it is about exercise. You can have the most perfect diet with all the macro nutrients timed precisely, but if you are fiddling with bicep curls you will see zap muscle growth. All this nutrition non-sense is just a perpetuated myth started by supplement companies who want you to eat more, and take more of their supplements.

Worry about squatting enough, coupled with heavy militaty presses and deadlifts three times a week, try to eat at least twice a day (make sure there is some protein in the meals) and wait about 2 years. Then go back to this thread and have a good laugh.

no need to wait two years to laugh at this thread =D

Roy said:
Care to explain? Or is it that you only know how to put stupid faces on your posts?
To deny the fact that body mass gain requires a quality diet is a joke. That I would suppose, would be why he made the face.

You assume people on this thread don't know about training. Judging by your own oversimplification of training, you yourself are the laymen in the presence of the educated.

I dont deny supplement companies blow diets out of proportion. I am a strong proponent of whole food diets. I use whey post workout only, that being really the only supplementation I use. Whole foods are the staple of my diet, I dont get out of control on the protein (as I think 1.5g+lb body weight is excessive).

People talk about diet because it is important, for the new bodybuilder, and even moreso for the experienced one. For I think you will find after a few years of training that diet is the limiting component in this bodybuilding game in more cases than is training. Particularly when you know your shit.

^That's exactly what I meant,but I have to explain this shit everyday to people and I don't feel like debating the importance of proper nutrition in bodybuilding to someone on a message board who obviously knows very little about it.Or at least I would'nt mind so much if that person were'nt so egotistical and matter of factly in their statement.

Uprising, I don't know if anyone has addressed this to you yet, because I just skipped all of the other posts. But, to me it just sounds like you have a very fast metabolism, naturally that is... it's the case for alot of people that are smokers, who drink alot of caffeine (seriously, lay off the caffeine, you will feel much, much better if you quit coffee, or tea, or all that nasty shit, if you want a good substitute for tea or coffee, go with Chinese herbal tea, or chamomile) and who use stimulants like mdma, coke or methamphetamine in their spare time. Combine all of your vice of choice, with your naturally fast metabolism, then you possibly have a pretty fast bpm at rest.
Imagine what it reaches when you're active!

I can't emphasize this more, but if you want to gain weight, then you are going to have to completely lay off any form of stimulant. Sure, it's ok, maybe once or twice a year for a treat or special occasion, but no tweaker, or cokehead is going to gain a significant amount of muscle, or even fat by hitting the pipe every 2 days. Unfortunately, it just doesn't work like that.
Stimulant-type drugs, are by far the worst for you, if you are looking at gaining. Not to mention, extremely bad for your well-being and your heart for when you are active and doing cardio, or general lifting.

Alcohol as well. I wouldn't recommend using this shit. You can, again, occasionally, but it's obviously a better idea to steer clear. That shit will degenerate your muscle quicker than you can imagine and it tends to make you put weight on in places you don't want it to be, like your gut, or your big toe. ;)

I'm sure others have said this. But, eating good for only a month is not going to make you gain a significant amount either. It has to be a consistant thing, for many, many months before someone like you (or me) with a fast metabolism sees any significant weight (muscle, or otherwise) gain. Keep your diets balanced. Don't be fooled into thinking the more fatty and greasy foods you are going to eat, means you are going to put on weight. People tend to generally think like this naturally though.
Sure, for some people, eating donuts and McDonald's every day is going to make them gain some kilos, but it doesn't seem to be the case for all of us. I have no idea why this is.

Eat lots of fish (really, this is one of the best ime), when I say fish, I don't mean like tiny amounts either, I mean REAL fish! Stuff like Swordfish steaks, Marlin, Fresh Tuna steaks (not the fake canned shit either). These sort of fish contain alot of natural oils. You need this.

Decently sized steaks like lean eye fillet (not scotch fillet, because it tends to contain marlble in it, whicn is basically alot of fat mixed throughout the meat), Porterhouse steak (with the fat cut off), etc...

Vegetables. Lots of vegetable soup, mixed with broad beans, and other types of beans. Buck Choy, other Chinese greens are good, Spinach, etc...

Water and Milk, drink loads of it. Plain (not skim milk) milk is one of my most favourite beverages. Seriously, very refreshing and is good for gaining weight too.

Cut down on the cardio. Don't over exert yourself, don't do cardio that isn't necessary. I am of the opinion that if you walk at least 2 kilometres a day, then you have no need for cardio... I could be wrong though.

Anyways, good luck. How's it all going anyways?

Diacetylus said:
Cut down on the cardio. Don't over exert yourself, don't do cardio that isn't necessary. I am of the opinion that if you walk at least 2 kilometres a day, then you have no need for cardio... I could be wrong though.

do you mean you don't need to do cardio specifically if you're trying to bodybuild or just in general? also, where did you get this idea?

Why would you want to gain weight if you're 5'6 and 9 stone?

I'm 5'11 and just scraping 8 stone and I only mildly want to gain weight..

Status
Not open for further replies.