• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ [DXM Subthread] Extraction

Thanks for posting this. This definitely seems like the easiest method I've seen.

Does anyone have any idea if this would work to extract from Zicam? It would make things a lot more cost effective.

jketiynu said:
Thanks for posting this. This definitely seems like the easiest method I've seen.

Does anyone have any idea if this would work to extract from Zicam? It would make things a lot more cost effective.

From what I've read it wouldn't work, but I've yet to read anything from anybody that's actually done it. You can try it, but I doubt it will work. Just make sure to get your amounts right.

Very nice method! It almost tempts me to try DXM freebase. Almost.

I've only tried DXM a couple of times many years ago. Couldn't stand the nasty syrup, so I never bothered. Maybe I'll give this ago some time soon, seems pretty easy I am interested in trying it another time or so..

Nice, a long time ago I a/bed and got a good product from cough syrup..

Last edited by a moderator:
I always wondered if it was the Bromide atom that made chemicals give you nausea as opposed to the Chloride versions (DXM HCl vs HBr, DOC vs DOB, 2CC vs 2CB), after all, our stomachs contain HCl already.
Anyone know?

2C-B doesn't give me nausea. I'll be trying DOB soon so I can report on that later.

It is true, however, than 2C-C is gentler than 2C-B.

egor said:
Dxm is not meant to be freebased. I am glad you mentioned that in the report. Pyrolization of dxm creates some very nasty by-products.

There are easier extractions out there if you look hard enough. Mine gives you the hbr salt, not the freebase.

Discuss on this part if you can please.

^^ let me dig up my info, I will elaborate a little later today;)
Here is a little info, cant ever get links to work, so I will copy and paste.

Smoking DXM is highly poisonous. Pharmie_Pharmer420, next time you're tired and not entirely sure if your advice is right, DON'T POST IT.

Converting it to a freebase will not solve anything. And DXO is not the freebase of DXM, they're two different substances. DXM is converted in the body to DXO.

Dextromethorphan reacts with oxygen at room temperature, though not at any appreciable rate. However, at 395-397 Kelvin, Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide's melting point, this changes and Dextromethorphan reacts with oxygen to produce some very toxic chemicals. Free ("freebase") Dextromethorphan will also react with oxygen at its melting point. Anyone attempting to smoke Dextromethorphan in the presence of oxygen under normal atmospheric conditions will only end up inhaling nasty compounds such as nitric oxide and the organic products of combustion. This information is easily verified by looking at a Material Safety Data Sheet for this substance. Dextromethorphan reacts rapidly with oxygen at temperatures above 360 Kelvin. It is in everyone's best interest to know that Dextromethorphan is not "smokeable".

I cant directly access the msds at the moment as I am having issues with my adobe, but you get the idea.

Last edited:
I can vouch for him as well, do NOT smoke the shit, that is not the point of this extraction. You're supposed to orally ingest it. Don't smoke, don't snort, don't shoot.

The point of this whole extraction is so you can get pure dxm more or less, make it easier to take by parachuting, putting it in a pill, etc. And this extraction method is more useful than the Agent Lemon one, as it produces a powder rather than a liquid. Not to give you something to put in your crackpipe.

Back in the beginning when I was first experimenting with this I let my friend smoke some. He compared it to smoking fiberglass and is now kinda afraid to even dose it, heh.

Last edited:
Hey, I have something that says it contains "Petroleum Naptha". It is "Odorless Paint Thinner", I heard Naptha has that distinct smell to it, so I am concerned whether or not this is what I need. Thanks.

Great extraction method, seems simple enough. Without breaking out funnels and beakers and tubes and such, this seems relatively simple. Might give this a try. Thanks for the post :)

Disposition said:
Hey, I have something that says it contains "Petroleum Naptha". It is "Odorless Paint Thinner", I heard Naptha has that distinct smell to it, so I am concerned whether or not this is what I need. Thanks.

If you use that you'll have bi-products in the final product, just buy straight naphtha from your closes hardware store, it's cheap.

Thanks for posting this, I've been reading it on Erowid bout it, was going to ask a few questions on it just today, but this helps clear things up!

[Edit: Actually I do have a question. You mention "clear non-susdy ammonia", I have one that says pure ammonia (no added colors/scents) but when I shake it I get some white bubbles/foam-ig at the top that disperse within seconds - is this ok, or is the "sudsy kind"?]

Last edited:
Astavats said:
Thanks for posting this, I've been reading it on Erowid bout it, was going to ask a few questions on it just today, but this helps clear things up!

[Edit: Actually I do have a question. You mention "clear non-susdy ammonia", I have one that says pure ammonia (no added colors/scents) but when I shake it I get some white bubbles/foam-ig at the top that disperse within seconds - is this ok, or is the "sudsy kind"?]

That's okay, it shouldn't have soap.

If during the process you DO get bubbles, replace all words in the extraction that say shake with stir, to avoid the bubbles and you should be fine. Just a bit of soap in the final product though most likely, but from what I've heard it doesn't change anything.

Have fun and be safe :)

Doctor__Anonymous said:
can you a dxm extraction with zicam cough mist or robo gelcaps?

Regarding using zicam, gelcaps, or other forms of dxm, I'm not too sure about it honestly, there isn't much info on it if you use this process, but you can always try, as long as you still get your amounts right.

But if the end product is anything but white/grey/light light red, don't dose it. It's really not worth it.

But if you do try it, defiantly tell us, and if you did anything special I'll add that to the extraction guide. But for the most part this is for syrups, it's much easier that way.

Used this method a few times, stuffed up a few times - even once successfully did it with sudsy ammonia. But generally for doses less than 1g I prefer just to chug syrup - a more reliable experience, but then again I don't really get bad nausea from the syrup.