• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Help Support Erowid

A lot of people probably think they have to donate a minimum amount, or feel they should, but the folks at Erowid are more than happy and very appreciative towards even small donations ... even 2 bucks! So that could mean just forgoing one beer in a bar, or eating-in instead of eating-out one day, or passing up the latest Britney Spears CD and burning it from one of your psychedelic friends instead. Sure you won't get the informative liner notes with the CD, but you could take the 15 dollars you saved and give it to these incredible individuals.

Think of it this way ... Earth, Fire and friends dedicate their entire lives to this pusuit, and because of them, the world is a much wiser well informed place. If you have ever accessed their site and learned something, calibrated a dose, read up on a new material, or just surfed for personal interest sake, think about giving ... even if it is only two dollars. Believe me, they appreciate it!

Oh and uh ... I know I'm new here, and I don't mean to sound like I am overly selling them ... it's just trying to give back. Like joining this board after so long lurking ... just trying to give back for all I have benefitted from.

Peace ...

egor said:
I wish I could donate more money, but I make up for it with info and report submissions.
You cant expect all your reports to go up immediatly. Give it some time, If they are good, they will get posted. Mine do.

Money will be added soon also;)

Also, myself and some others here are report triagers for Erowid, so if you PM me when you submit a report with the author name and report title you used, I will check it out ASAP. I have instructions for this stickied in Trip Reports.

Also, we've got some report reviewers at Bluelight as well, and they're responsible for actually publishing the reports. So if you're proactive about it, we can get your report published quickly. This in fact became one of my goals here at Bluelight when I became a moderator for Trip Reports. A lot of people here write great reports, and it helps to have someone who can pick those reports out of the massive influx of new reports that Erowid receives all the time.

Drug Geek said:
Think of it this way ... Earth, Fire and friends dedicate their entire lives to this pusuit, and because of them, the world is a much wiser well informed place. If you have ever accessed their site and learned something, calibrated a dose, read up on a new material, or just surfed for personal interest sake, think about giving

Great point. Erowid has done so much for the accumulated knowledge about drugs in the modern world. If you can afford to donate but think that they don't deserve to receive your donation for whatever reason, then you should feel ashamed to ever use Erowid again.

I can't believe that people would say "I won't donate to Erowid because they didn't publish my trip report in a week." Ungrateful whiny fucks...

djfriendly said:
Now is the time to donate to Erowid! This year they have an amazing incentive program - hand-made glass molecules such as this one of MDMA:

They're running out fast, get yours now!

My membership is up for renewal so I might have to get a glass LSD molecule with my donation. Just hope it survives the journey over to the UK! :)

Although the items sold are more expensive that similar, non-Erowid branded items in the shops, you know the extra money is going to a worthy cause. Besides, they produce one of the biggest coffee mugs I've seem in quite a while, which in itself is valuble on a cold, sleepy morning!

Hey folks

Lux from Erowid here. I thought some of you might like to know that two donors have stepped up for May, 2007, and offered to match all donations up to a total of $10K. If you're thinking about possibly making a contribution this would be a great time, because whatever you can contribute will be doubled.

: )

BTW almost half of our revenue comes from contributions of $50 or less. And I think that's great ... it really is a community effort that makes Erowid happen on every level, from submissions to experience reports to funding.

Donations gratefully accepted here:
http://www.erowid.org/donations/donate.php?mid=75

Another way to support Erowid:
Anything you buy through Amazon (including electronics, toys, DVDs, etc.) or ABEbooks can help us with our work. All you have to do is go through our shopping portal and Erowid receives a percentage of the purchase price. If you're buying a new iPod or computer that can really add up, but again, any contribution helps:

http://erowid.org/donations/donations_help.php

Thank you so much!
Lux

iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!iloveErowid!!!
with a cherry on top:p

erowid info on ayahuasca is out of date, or just plain incorrect. Its not really a maoi like commercial synthetic maois, and so the warning is not the right card for the game let us say. Its a nice website though, but could do with a bit more user friendlyness.

Also more indepth info on preperation for medicinal plants not only just for the ones that get you shit-faced.

They are now offering jewelry from "Made With Molecules" for $125 donations - my wife loves her 'caffeine' necklace!

has anyone gotten one of those glass molecules, the big ones. I've been admiring them for a while but I just don't have $500 which is a complete rip IMO but those are soooooooooo awesome.

DarthMom said:
i forgot about this thread, i will totally be donating soon.
Talk being cheap.

Cheaper than actually donating, anyway.

(not to doubt your word or anything, but in my experience, people who talk about donating to an organization "soon" usually have "the dog ate my homework" syndrome.)

That drug geek shirt is really cute! But eh, 40bucks?!!? Meh, I'll think about it! If I wore that shirt, I'll defiantly win the title as the "druggie".

:D Just Pledged $15.00 a month for 12 months. Still trying to decide what gift I want... maybe the Serotonin molecule necklace... But I think I'll get the T-Shirt. I guess I have a few months to decide though, as I cannot recieve a gift until I hit those $40, $75, etc. marks.

Have been visiting Erowid for a LONG time know. It's where I point all my friends whenever they have a question.

Last edited:
Sorry, I don't have a penny to my name, but I fullly support Erowid.

And if I get my Job back soon I will eventually make a donation.

High as hell, gonna go get some more high

Last edited by a moderator:
Dangerous?

I just received my huge coffee mug after donating $40. The design is lovely, but I'm a bit concerned about a possible downside of the paint. The bottem of the mug gives place to a sticker, which mentions "California - Prop 65", lead and cadmium.

Although I don't live in the US, I'm still concerned whether this is dangerous or not. Especially seen from the harm reduction point of view, I think that if it may pose a threat, I'll put harm reduction into practice and let my mug kiss a wall! ;)

Eagles06 said:
Sorry, I don't have a penny to my name, but I fullly support Erowid.

And if I get my Job back soon I will eventually make a donation.

High as hell, gonna go get some more high

If you don;t have a penny to your name, hows ya gunna get high boy?:eek: