• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy MET Thread

has anyone tried MET in combination with an maoi for improving the effectiveness of oral dosing? I am interested in trying this and am wondering what doseage would be appropriate to start with. Of course starting low is a must especially with this kind of combo but i was just wondering if anyone had any insight or had tried it yet. i have tried this before with syrian rue and mushrooms and it was very effective. any imput would be great.

I suppose I'll report back in a few days maybe, tomarrow if school doesnt kick my ass.
wish me luck!

I only have 100mg, so do you think 10mg increments is good in like a one every 5 minute time frame or should I do like 15 or 20?

MET + maoi is definitely a promising candidate. This might actually be the best option in the long run, especially for people who don't like inhaling acrid smoke. Dosages should be worked up very slowly with this combo.

A while ago I tried to dissolve MET just to see if I could prep a sol'n for IM. It wouldn't dissolve at all, even after adding copious amounts of HCL. So I tried heating it and it oiled out without dissolving a bit. Needless to say I gave up on that idea. I don't have any experience with preparing a solution for injection, so maybe I just was doing something wrong.

Edit: Beenhead, I suggest just putting 50 mg in the pipe and smoking it slowly. I think it would be too much work to reload after every 10 - 20 mg. Trust me, one hit is not going to be "too much."

Last edited:
You'll probably be hard pressed to get a HCl of this (follow Shulgin with DMT; dissolve the base in dilute aqueous HCl, and neutralize this with base to achieve an end pH of appropriate 6). But you'll probably find fumaric acid much easier. Alternatively, you could use castor or sesame or some other thin, sterile oil with a filter for an IM injection of the base.

One day soon I'll add my input to this. 4-AcO-DMT and MET are the next on my list, for sure. Probably the AcO first.

On a related note, do you think significant tolerance issues would come into play if I dosed the AcO one night, and then the next time experimented with smoked MET?

Probably. You know better. :) Trips must be spaced out. Even if a physical tolerance is not an issue, mentally tripping two days in a row is not conducive for getting the most from each experience.

You could always smoke MET after enjoying the first 4-5 hours of 4-aco-dmt 8o ... I didn't recommend this.

^so how did it go beenhead.
The comparison to DMT really makes me interested in this.

Church, in one the posts above you said this is basically orally active DMT.
What do you mean by this? Eating MET feels like ayahuasca? And what dose would you recomend for oral dosing?

Of course mental tolerance is a factor but with certain combinations I find that "piggybacking" one substance on the tail end of another can sometimes add to the profundity and sometimes help to make some sense of the previous experience. For example, when I recently tried an LSD/ 2C-B combo, and then the next morning took a low dose of DOC, which tied the whole thing together perfectly.

Delsyd said:
Church, in one the posts above you said this is basically orally active DMT.
What do you mean by this? Eating MET feels like ayahuasca? And what dose would you recomend for oral dosing?

Sorry... I should clarify. I kinda thought that I should go back and edit that, because I dont want people to take that TOO seriously... it's just that I was told by some people who study this stuff that something about the molecular structure is very similar to DMT, only it allows the chemical to be active orally. I have personally never used this chemical before, so I can't give you any personal stories, but it does seem from people's reports that it is very similar to dmt.

But I hereby clarify that statement, by saying "reportedly, this drug feels a lot like DMT, but is orally active without the use of an MAOI."

I am not a chemist though, so I don't want to give people the impression that I am speaking from that perspective. I was just making an anecdotal claim.

it's just that I was told by some people who study this stuff that something about the molecular structure is very similar to DMT, only it allows the chemical to be active orally.

The extra carbon does allow this chemical to be orally active. Beyond that, I don't know of any study or test that compares MET to DMT. The subjective effects of MET don't sound exactly like DMT to me. There is no way to compare orally consumed DMT with MET because DMT is not orally active without an MAOI...which alters the psychopharmacology of the substance. The smoked reports seem to suggest this drug is interchangable with DMT either. No entity reports yet. :) They do look pretty nice next to each other though.

Attachments

• dmt_and_met copy.jpg
    dmt_and_met copy.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 166
I ressurect this terrific thread to say that I finally got around to trying this one out. I havent done DMT or DPT, DET...., so I decided to go slow with only 22mgs at first. I must say I was suprised to where I got. A mild +2 with fairly pronounced open eye distortion and some fairly mild CEV. The thing that I liked the most was the rush I got right after exhaled. Felt pretty damn good. I was supposed to do 2C-E with some friends tomarrow, but I am considering giving this a go at around 50mg. I'll get back saturday.

GO GATORS!!

Anyone have anything new to add to this thread?

Ill be giving this one a shot within the next couple weeks and ill try to write up a report as the only that exists so far is the 1 dodante wrote.

All I can say now is it has a hell of a euphoric compontent, in the low dose. And the rush was very nice, makes me less fearful of DMT. I believe Im going to hit 50 mgs next week end. The more complete dose will warrant a complete report though!

Having tried DMT a few times recently, I can say that you shouldn't fear it. It, too, has quite a euphoric component. I haven't broken through yet, but I have to say it's the most pleasant and natural-feeling psychedelic I've yet ingested, with the least potential for fear. Except for ketamine, which destroys the ability to feel fear at its root.

But your post reminds me that I've got a sample to try of MET. I may do so this weekend.

DMT. No, not fear but sometimes dread. It's got an eerie component to it.

Ive been waiting to hear what thought of MET Xoroth so Hurry up will ya! :)

I am actually hoping that my MET experiences will be a good stepping stone to get to DMT with out being completely overwhelmed at the unfamiliarity with the space. It is (MET) a very good psychedelic and Ive been wondering why not many of us have jumped on it. Also, I dont remember if I said this but the low dose had some wicked Audia Hallucinations. The crazy psychedelic sounds that are impossible for me to describe!