• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy MET Thread

Does anyone have an idea about which smoked dose of MET should be used ?

Psychedelics_r_best said:
Oh yes, me too, but that doesnt mean we need to gather in a circle and stare up at its heights like the black monolith.

Says you. Personally, I find the idea of MET, 5-MeO-MET, and 4-Ho-MET to be far more fascinating that even the grand monolith found near Jupiter. Maybe you don’t realize the supreme significance of this DMT (Praise Be Upon Him) analogue. It’s like sex from behind…you just never know if it is supposed to be that color?

8o

Personally, I would not assume the dosage is similar to DET. At this point in the game it would be best to nibble slowly up from the bottom. You'd really skew the data if the initial tests included dead dude...

CatfishRivers said:
Personally, I would not assume the dosage is similar to DET. At this point in the game it would be best to nibble slowly up from the bottom. You'd really skew the data if the initial tests included dead dude...

On the other hand, there are a few reports on MET's oral activity and it does seem that 50mg to 100mg is safe. But make no assumptions. DPT's oral dose is (for most people) around 200mg. MiPT's is 20mg-25mg. DiPT's and DET's is 50mg-100mg. Definitely be on the safe side and go slow because the activity of other N,N-dialkyltryptamines is all over the place.

^^Well, this advice is coming from someone who has already "nibbled". It is probably slightly more potent than DET, but as I said, dosages are probably similar (50-100mg oral). But I do recommend that everyone should "nibble up slowly" as CatfishRivers suggests.

Is there any indication that this will be a complete mind blowing psychedelic like DMT or DPT, or is it just too soon to tell? Im just waiting on some more reports to come in on what exactly this will be like. Ive always wanted to try one of these i.e. DMT or DPT, but DPT is just too expensive, and I want a little more education in Chemistry before I go ahead and perform an extraction on MHRB.
I also dont really want to waste my money if it turns out to be one of the DIPTs or the MIPTs.

I didn't get to a +3 with my 80mg trial,but the stuff is quite active and in no way comparable to the "hollow" MIPT.No one else tried it yet?

Last edited by a moderator:
I had MIPT only twice,at 15mg and 26mg.MGS,you said you had the feeling that you missed something,thats the best words describing it.There was some stimulation/speedyness and yet I felt a bit drunken.Visually,not much to report.A body high ala a low dose Moxy was present but on the other hand it was "clearly antierotic".

The higher dose proved to be more psychedelic,colors were enhanced (yellow green and blue) but objects didn't move as they usually do on trypt's.On the whole it was a rather hollow experience but it didn't seem because of a too low dose.Either it is crap or it needs learning.I will try this higher someday,erowid has some reports up to 40mg I think but it didn't sound more intense.Strange stuff.Isopropyl seems to abolish certain properties in the tryptamin series (and not add always something new),I mean MET has only 1 CH2 less and is quite the stuff.

Can the empty shallow nothingness be intensified?And what will be the result,deeper nothingness or less of it?

Last edited:
morninggloryseed said:
Ehh, maybe MiPT is best when smoked. DPT isn't too impressive for most (orally) either. At least (for me) there were no body issues, so I won't rule out trying it again.

I'm really interested in reading some detailed reports about MET's activity when smoked, and how the experience compares to oral administration

10mgs was mild but noticable. Runs like crazy on foil, so I missed some of it. Alot like a threshold dose of DMT. A higher dose looks like it will be very interesting, but I've been up a couple days on meth. I'll try 50mg next time, but right now it's xanax, bud and bed.

Youre going to jump from 10mg to 50mg? Thats not very wise my friend..

No, probably not, but I dought I can take 50mgs in one hit, so I may stop well short of that dose,

invest in a decent oil pipe first. check with a local head shop, if they don't have them out they'll probably have them hidden somewhere. they're usually only $5-10.

I've got two fellow psychonauts that are planning on trying MET with me tonight. I'll post some results tomorrow.

Edit (later tonight):

Well, I ingested 90 mg MET freebase. Then at +1:15, still not feeling too much other than a euphoric body high (maybe a ++), smoked an estimated 50 mg. This stuff is kind of tricky to smoke, because you have to inhale slowly and 50 mg is a lot of smoke. After 3 good hits out of a freebase pipe, it felt quite a bit like DMT. It hit almost immediately and was very visual. I smoked another 20 mg at T+1:45. For the next 2 hours I felt pretty stoned, but with some slowly declining visual activity, and a greatly enhanced appreciation for music (Flaming Lips!). It was never mindblowing, but interesting nonetheless. I don't want to pass judgement on this substance, so I'll leave it at this for now.

I'd like to try IMing this substance in the future.

Here's a link to my report:
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?p=4266395#post4266395

Last edited:
Dondante said:
I've got two fellow psychonauts that are planning on trying MET with me tonight. I'll post some results tomorrow.

Edit (later tonight):

Well, I ingested 90 mg MET freebase. Then at +1:15, still not feeling too much other than a euphoric body high (maybe a ++), smoked an estimated 50 mg. This stuff is kind of tricky to smoke, because you have to inhale slowly and 50 mg is a lot of smoke. After 3 good hits out of a freebase pipe, it felt quite a bit like DMT. It hit almost immediately and was very visual. I smoked another 20 mg at T+1:45. For the next 2 hours I felt pretty stoned, but with some slowly declining visual activity, and a greatly enhanced appreciation for music (Flaming Lips!). It was never mindblowing, but interesting nonetheless. I don't want to pass judgement on this substance, so I'll leave it at this for now.

I'd like to try IMing this substance in the future.

Well I was hoping a dose like that would literally blow you into the cosmic space. Nevertheless I'll be trying it soon.

I also tried MET at something like 50mgs, without the oral dose. This did not seem to make much difference on the affects smoked, as my results were quite similar to Dondante's. The CEVs were truely amazing. I have little dought DMT type hyperspace is possible with MET, wish I had more. IM injection may be the way to go, MET is tricky to smoke, harsh, and tastes terrible.

how bad was the mind fuck/anxiety component? was there a complete loss of ego?

No anxiety whatsoever ... some ego loss, but I didn't take it nearly as far as I could have.

It would take some serious work, but I think this stuff would really shine if you smoked ~60+ mg in quick succession.

Last edited:
this is really starting to sound like an interesting chem to try. I would like to try a DMT like chem like DPT. 5meo-DMT sounds just to earth shattering, with out the CEV patterns I love so much. DPT sounds a little weird from TIHKAL, and some reports, namely Morninggloryseeds. I think I want to wait till I take a little more Chem until I try a extract. MET sounds like it could be a good DMT CEV ish trip. Im just a little worried about the mind fuck/anxiety component as this is my biggest issue with tripping.