• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy MET Thread

I had a question about conversion of MET hcl to freebase. Would it be the same as a DPT conversion? Basify water, add MET hcl, mix, add Naptha, mix again, remove naptha, freeze percipitate or evaporate.
Would this work? Or am I missing something here? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I am going to be getting 65mg of this soon, wondering if anyone has tried rectal admin? I have seen mentions of IM which tends to be similar. It's either that or I'll vape it but not sure I want to.

Never tried rectal but vaping and insufflating both produced a +++ with less than 35mg of material. It's a very stern psychedelic with a feminine personality. Almost like a strict nun scolding you to the point where you have no choice but to follow protocol and the correct behavior. I find MET the most paychedelic of the base tryptamines, in a strictly emotional/mental sense. It's not something to take willy nilly.

The visuals are quite impressive though and are worth the psycho-spiritual ass whooping that comes with the experience. 30mg is a good starting dose if you plan to vape it with proper technique. Beware though, MET is no hedonistic party drug. Use caution with this special compound. Fear of this is warranted unless you are a psychedelic warrior ;)

That canadian MET came from the same lab that made that shitty brown canadian DPT, so it's most likely just a shit batch. Mine is super brown and the moment I opened the bag it started to clump and now it's one big sticky mess of chunky crap. I think I'm going to throw it away honestly and wait until I find a different source. At least that chemist has been disavowed now and our canadian friends are back to their top notch quality standards.

does anyone else have experience with intranasal MET, or information regarding its duration?

does anyone else have experience with intranasal MET, or information regarding its duration?

Well if you have a freebase, it'd be wise to salt it first. Erowid says that the dose should be around 15mg to 25mg, though with DMT a nasal dose is about double a vaporized one. So I'd start in the suggested area and titratre upwards slowly.

Oral doses might be active too, could be worth a shot depending on how much you have if duration is what you're looking for.

Intranasal DMT and 5-MeO-DMT makes for a milder experience yeah, and the dose is indeed higher. Was mostly worth it for me when combined with K.

Not sure what is viable for MET, you may have to salt it indeed or it would take so much intranasally that it would be hard and painful to get a good trip off it. Oral requires very high dosages.

IM 5-MeO-DMT and DMT were effective for me, the DMT acted for a pretty damn long time that way. I really dislike vaping.

Well if you have a freebase, it'd be wise to salt it first. Erowid says that the dose should be around 15mg to 25mg, though with DMT a nasal dose is about double a vaporized one. So I'd start in the suggested area and titratre upwards slowly.

Oral doses might be active too, could be worth a shot depending on how much you have if duration is what you're looking for.
I bet you'd need either a maoi or a huge dose or find it inactive. At least that's what happened to me with any unsubstituted trypt.

>IM 5-MeO-DMT and DMT were effective for me, the DMT acted for a pretty damn long time that way. I really dislike vaping.
How come?

I like the fact that the close to instant come up makes it easy do get the right dose, especially with things with very long comeups/hls (so it's been 4h since I took some 2c-p and I'm not feeling much... did I dose to low or just right or too high + the duration is much lower so you aren't high too long + much less nausea, but it is disgusting). Other things like some stims (a-pvp and relatives, except 4f-pvp) and dissos (o-pce, 3-meo-pce) taste fine and retain the advantages.... even the salts are fine.

Could be like DPT in that you just need a lot. Maybe a bit uneconomical but definitely interesting if so

How come?

Bit of an aversion... vaping say DMT while I find the floral smell (not the burnt plastic though) fascinating, makes me feel dirty / violated much more than IM'ing something (always properly filtered although not always entirely pH neutralized) ever did to me.

I feel like vaporized DMT violates the user in that it rips them violently out of normal reality with no warning, and leaves them confused and emotional afterwards. It's a lot like sexual assault, except beautiful.

I'm a total idiot, however, and I've never smoked it or done it at all, so who am I to describe it in any way. Does anyone think the duration for intranasal MET would be under 3 hours?

Last edited:
Yeah it should be around there. It lasts longer than DMT but not that much longer. I don't think it's like sexual assault. More like being uncomfortably for a few minutes to the moon. Then serenity and absolute beauty's.

Bit of an aversion... vaping say DMT while I find the floral smell (not the burnt plastic though) fascinating, makes me feel dirty / violated much more than IM'ing something (always properly filtered although not always entirely pH neutralized) ever did to me.

I felt the same about vaping DPT - dirty, violating, unnatural. I've stopped using that ROA. I stick to intranasal now, which is a bit yucky, but it feels better to my being.

IM DPT is truly amazing! Snorting it takes to much product. I'm sure plugging it is wonderful too.

Would have done that if mine wasn't so brown-purple..
Are you talking about IM, plugging or both?..mine is pinkish if I remember well.
Plugging sounds interesting, vaping is out of question for me too. IM is something I've never done and too much bother...and insufflated was painful as fuck.