• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Buprenorphine as a recreational drug?

What dosage would you consider to be the lowest where effects = noticable but nausea = zero? I love the idea of a smooth, long lasting, methadone type high, but am reading quite a lot about the nausea!

I have vetrinary liquid buprenex, 0.15mg/ml. Will 1 ml be a good starting dosage, to be as safe as possible? My only tolerance at this point is about 8 grams of kratom a day!

iffin by this late response you still have an issue, and mine lasted 12 years, ..get some kratom dear goodness before it is banned, stock up, and use appropriately. You won't get ripped, but you will feelgood, and without the worries of harsh WD's or side effects. Sucks to take in general, but good medicine is like that at times in my book. Helped turn my life around, .....majorly. Maybe saved it.

Spent the past 5 days on subutex. Only the first 2 days were a good high (I have 0 opiate tolerance) when mixed with some clonazpam (nothing like H intranasally). On the last day I just wanted to finish it off and did about 0.6-1mg (eyeballing this small amount is very difficult) but it made me puke but didn't get a real high off of it.

My last dose was over 24 hours ago and haven't felt any withdrawals yet but I'm guessing has a looong half life so will report back in a few days if I do get any. I did 8mgs over those 5 days so by the looks of some peoples posts this isnt a lot but I did have 0 tolerance.

Buprenorphine tolerance tends to peak around day 5 and the acute withdrawal generally lasts about two weeks. Withdrawal symptoms can linger for quite some time however, so be prepared to have to deal with less acute insomnia and RLS for a little while to come. I found all the effects of withdrawal to totally go away between month one and two off it (closer to the end of month one).

LOL whoops, now I see you only took it five days. You shouldn't experience withdrawal from the buprenorphine. Takes a lot longer than five days to become dependent on it. Let us know how you are doing though as time goes on. Hopefully you don't have to deal with any withdrawal.

Were you just using buprenorphine to catch a buzz? I used to really enjoy it recreationally when I was able to. Particularly if you weren't using it to deal with other opioid withdrawal, you'll almost certainly be fine. If anything you might feel a little out of sorts for a few days, but it shouldn't be at all near as bad as full blown opioid withdrawal (if you're familiar with that).

go for nasal or IV (tho i don't recommend the latter as a rule), the taste of B8s is horrifying. that's why i snort my daily 16mgs (so far no damage to my septum) :D

Last edited:
My last dose was over 24 hours ago and haven't felt any withdrawals yet but I'm guessing has a looong half life so will report back in a few days if I do get any. I did 8mgs over those 5 days so by the looks of some peoples posts this isnt a lot but I did have 0 tolerance.

bupe wd takes a lot of time to fully kick in, starts about 24hrs after your last dose, and my physician says it can take up to 2 weeks b4 it tapers down for good.
As for me it's usually gone in a week, and if i gradually decrease dosage b4 stopping i can't feel any wd at all.

bupe wd takes a lot of time to fully kick in, starts about 24hrs after your last dose, and my physician says it can take up to 2 weeks b4 it tapers down for good.
As for me it's usually gone in a week, and if i gradually decrease dosage b4 stopping i can't feel any wd at all.

I didn't seem to get any significant WD at all. But I am tapering from benzos at the moment so some symptoms could have been in the mix there.

Had to sign up to respond to this because I found it interesting. I'm really surprised that people here are actually using Suboxone as a recreational drug. I have been prescribed thirty 8mg pills for the past year because of a previous addiction to oxycontin.

For maybe the first few months I found it to give a slight buzz but nothing even close to what opiates did. One thing I have noticed with this drug is that "less is more" in the sense that taking over 8mg a day is completely pointless. I usually stick with just taking a half a pill at the most a day otherwise I would get really bad headaches and just feel like crap. I don't really see this as a recreational drug even when I got buzzed from it just because the "buzz" basically makes you feel NORMAL to where you can function throughout the day. I barely think of that as being high.

It's a sad fact about us drug addicts that we actually think any drug that makes you feel like a normal human being again is considered getting "high". The difference between this and opiates is that on opiates you feel OVERLY euphoric to where you feel ridiculously happy and have a warm feeling surging through your body. When I was always high on oxycontin I felt like a god. I was the happiest person on planet earth.

Suboxone is more of a drug to make opiate addicts strip themselves of their godly title and slowly lower themselves back to earth again. Back to the place where emotions, problems, and feelings exist again. This is instead of withdrawing and crashing back to earth so fast that you not only hit rock bottom but break straight through into HELL. Nice metaphor, right?

I wouldn't take Suboxone as a recreational drug. It has a long half-life and stays in your system for days. Even longer if you use it continously. Then if you are using it illegally by buying it off the street or something you are going to just screw yourself over because if you ever run out you WILL go through withdrawals and be forced to go through them since no opiates will even work for at least 48 hours. Even when it does wear off you will be forced to start buying opiates just to feel good...itll just put you in a shitty place as an addict.

Use Suboxone ONLY if you are actually planning on getting off opiates and do it LEGALLY by going to the doctor. That way you never run out and you're actually maintaining your opiate addiction and curing it. Using this drug just for fun is a stupid idea.

I got lucky because I never missed an appointment with my doctor and never fucked around nor relapsed and he trusts me. So he put me on the Suboxone Assistance program which only two patients in each doc's office can be on it. So I get all my medication for free sent straight to the doc's office. So not only do I get suboxone for FREE but i get it right during my visit and I dont have to go fill a script and wait for it then pay over $250 for it. So your best bet is to ask about that program and DO YOUR BEST TO STAY CLEAN AND NOT FUCK AROUND.

DON'T SNORT SUBOXONE EITHER. TRUST ME. ALL THE ORANGE SHIT THAT DRIPS DOWN YOUR THROAT GOES INTO YOUR STOMACHE AND EATS AT YOUR INTESTINES. You will have horrible constipation and stomache pains eventually and could even endup having BLOOD in your stool. It kills your nasal passage too.

Now after a YEAR of being on suboxone I can tell you that it does not get me high at all anymore. If anything I barely feel normal. It's just keeping me off drugs and allows me to function throughout the day. I'm soon going to ween off of it and hopefully finally be back to being a normal HUMAN again. I'm seriously sick of pumping drugs of any kind into my body everyday. Its not healthy and its NOT good for you at all. I suggest any of you fucking around with these opiates and pills GET HELP AND STOP. This generation is going to die because of all these god damn pills. They shove every type of poison they can think of into these little round pills now.

As a former VERY HEAVY opioid (pill; heroin) abuser and someone who’s been taking 16 mg a day of either straight bupe, Zubsolv or Suboxone (a ridiculously high dose that idiot doctors with no knowledge of this drug’s serious long-term effect on one’s brain chemistry and the HELL that is detoxing from Subs, WAY worse than heroine or oxy withdrawals bc of longevity and ongoing depression, I’m talking several months to YEARS here!), I don’t think ANYONE should use bupe recreationally. If you have no or low tolerance to opiates, it’s just a terrible and dangerous idea. Bupe is something crazy, like 100 times stronger than oxy. Inexperienced users would no doubt generally get violently ill and possibly OD from anything more than a milligram or even much less. This is serious medicine that seriously works for tapering off opiates, but only if you have a serious habit already. If you’ve got a serious habit, bupe won’t get you high. It just keeps you from getting sick, and keeps you functional. It should be used as a short-term method for getting off illegal drugs. I completely agree with you, chris1986.

That said, if you go awhile on lower doses (as a seasoned addict) like 1-2 mg for maintenance for awhile, then sublingually ingest or bang upwards of 8mg, you WILL get high.The Naloxone in Subs is a joke: it’s there to scare IV users from banging it, it’s not really bioavailable orally; and the low mgs of it in each strip usually have litttle to no effect on serious intravenous drug users if they tie off and shoot it. But the next day, your tolerance will magically ramp up again, and you won’t get high from it unless you taper or cut down to much smaller doses for weeks. It’s a weird drug that can be a lifesaver and I hope people don’t continue to abuse it, because I’d hate to see it banned or defunded by insurance companies for ORT. Docs need to learn more about the drugs they’re prescribing. No one needs to be on bupe for years, and the most bottomed-out “junkie” usually doesn’t need more than 4-8mg daily TOPS to maintain. Patients also need to do their own research and advocate for themselves if they really want to get clean. It’s a f*cked up situation bc the drug companies starts this problem telling docs to push opiate pain meds, then profited immensely from people’s addiction misery, and then “solved” the epidemic they created by pushing Subs and bupe as cure-alls (which they’re NOT), and then those companies profit from the sales of these “remedy” drugs, too. I guess what I’m saying is, please try to use bupe the way it’s intended. It’s a very, very powerful drug you do NOT want to mess with if you aren’t already in the rabbit hole of high-tolerance opioid addiction. Trust me, the fleeting euphoria or nod you may experience from getting off ON bupe is SO not worth the nightmarish, seemingly neverending feeling of getting off OF bupe!

Thats a lot!

I think bupe is way under-rated for recreational usage. I love the stuff, I actually used it for over a year having tried heroin, morphine and codeine, still prefering bupe by far. I love(d) the stimulating happy high.:D
--------------------->
Got VERY addicted, I knew the guy who imported the subs to my town so I got them for free for selling a couple. I had a month of HELL. I had no drugs to ease it either but zopiclone. My whole family suddenly got sleeping problems;), I ate loads of them, but I only felt good when I got a beer or two of my dad... the wd i s BAD, the milder wd compared to heroin is made up for by the much longer duration of the bupe wd:X
----------------------->
I developed the taste for heroin later, and it drove me to the ground, but I got off it and nowI use bupe bought illegaly.
---------------------->
I can still get a good high from it, but I have to double my dose or more. If I get over my ceiling dose it just lasts longer. Thats around 5-6mg for me. I try to keep it to 2mg a day(IV'ed, bupe is best injected IMO), but I often take more, without the tolerance being a problem. If I try and go under 2mg I get problems...8(
------------------------>
For beginners I recomend 1mg MAX snorted, and wait a full hour before redosing when snorting. If you shoot, try 2-4mg if you need a good 0,1'er of dope to get high.
If you wan't to get a nod of it smoke weed or take sedating benzos, bupe is GREAT with benzos. Klonopin(not sedating enough for me), mogadon, valium or anything really...:D
------------------------>
I am on 4-5mg(three shots)bupe, 20mg valium, 2mg klonopin, 5mg mogadon, and 450mg lyrica(which is like bupe's missing twin sister thats found by me;) ). I feel perfect=D

This is a crazy concoction

Alot of bad info on here....Do NOT! Combine benzo with bupe for the love of god. It can and will put you to sleep for eternity. You may get away with it sure but it's one of the most deadly combinations for o.d. today. Please stop telling people that don't know any better that's it's a great idea to do it because it enhances your buzz.
2nd, this thread just makes me sad, yes were all addicts and I'm no better but as a person who had maintained for almost 8 years on subutex I pretty much know the ins and outs so hopefully some of you people looking for real info reads the following

Buprenorphine is a wonderful drug for addicts if used properly. You can get a decent high, it helps with your mood and withdrawal,your money, your time, and your family. There won't be a reason to lie cheat or steal anymore if you maintain and live your life normally. This isn't a drug to take when your desperate or if you can't score a bag or oxy. If your still doing that then just stay with that till your ready. Your gonna cause yourself alot of grief as if you like to use buprenorphine will totally mess all that up anyways and you will waste your money. This is a drug for people that just want to have a normal life and need something to take to feel great and have a life. Alot of people say you take it for a few weeks and taper down to nothing and hop off...I'm fully against this as you will relapse. I'm sure there have been. Cases of people who have but anyone can type on a forum hiding behind a phone or computer and say Im totally clean and I never went back...uh huh....so have I lol...jk....but ya I'm sure a few honestly have but 95% will just go back or onto something else. If your gonna dabble with subs...go see a dr. Make a life plan and keep taking religiously. Don't ever touch anything else. And get something to help your hormones if your in a relationship as it can cause sex drive to go completely away in some cases. Eventually could be years down the road but at that time tour soul will be ready to just stop everything and at that time you can do a long slow taper and give it the best chance to finally get clean. I believe is the best way to do it. Alot of other long time sub patients will probably agree after almost a decade you start growing up and actually wanting to be free. I'm getting close myself but please don't take it just to get high. It gives us who need it for our lives a bad name and we could lose our medicine just because you wanted to get high. There are way better alternative than bupe for that lmbo seriously. Again sorry to sound like this I mean no offense but the thread was sad. It's a slap in the face to addict who are trully trying to move on with our lives and feel normal and then come on here and see that the next generation are just using it to shoot up thier arms when they can't score a bag or what have u.
For those who are trying..I commend you and I'm with you and I pray for you to continue to fight the good fight.
I love all of you no matter what anyways but just hope some of you get the point of what I'm saying. Buprenorphine is a horrible alternative for getting high trust me
Beid

Alot of bad info on here....Do NOT! Combine benzo with bupe for the love of god. It can and will put you to sleep for eternity. You may get away with it sure but it's one of the most deadly combinations for o.d. today. Please stop telling people that don't know any better that's it's a great idea to do it because it enhances your buzz.
2nd, this thread just makes me sad, yes were all addicts and I'm no better but as a person who had maintained for almost 8 years on subutex I pretty much know the ins and outs so hopefully some of you people looking for real info reads the following

Buprenorphine is a wonderful drug for addicts if used properly. You can get a decent high, it helps with your mood and withdrawal,your money, your time, and your family. There won't be a reason to lie cheat or steal anymore if you maintain and live your life normally. This isn't a drug to take when your desperate or if you can't score a bag or oxy. If your still doing that then just stay with that till your ready. Your gonna cause yourself alot of grief as if you like to use buprenorphine will totally mess all that up anyways and you will waste your money. This is a drug for people that just want to have a normal life and need something to take to feel great and have a life. Alot of people say you take it for a few weeks and taper down to nothing and hop off...I'm fully against this as you will relapse. I'm sure there have been. Cases of people who have but anyone can type on a forum hiding behind a phone or computer and say Im totally clean and I never went back...uh huh....so have I lol...jk....but ya I'm sure a few honestly have but 95% will just go back or onto something else. If your gonna dabble with subs...go see a dr. Make a life plan and keep taking religiously. Don't ever touch anything else. And get something to help your hormones if your in a relationship as it can cause sex drive to go completely away in some cases. Eventually could be years down the road but at that time tour soul will be ready to just stop everything and at that time you can do a long slow taper and give it the best chance to finally get clean. I believe is the best way to do it. Alot of other long time sub patients will probably agree after almost a decade you start growing up and actually wanting to be free. I'm getting close myself but please don't take it just to get high. It gives us who need it for our lives a bad name and we could lose our medicine just because you wanted to get high. There are way better alternative than bupe for that lmbo seriously. Again sorry to sound like this I mean no offense but the thread was sad. It's a slap in the face to addict who are trully trying to move on with our lives and feel normal and then come on here and see that the next generation are just using it to shoot up thier arms when they can't score a bag or what have u.
For those who are trying..I commend you and I'm with you and I pray for you to continue to fight the good fight.
I love all of you no matter what anyways but just hope some of you get the point of what I'm saying. Buprenorphine is a horrible alternative for getting high trust me
Beid
Love your post bro!

I use 50mcg Transtec patches. Peel off the bottom layer off a couple, soak them in a big bowl of water, and in the vein it goes. No cloudy stuff, nothing. The bupe/water solution tastes like coffee. In the vein it goes. No rush to speak of, then 4 or 5 minutes later I feel like God Himself threw me a blanket and I wrapped myself in it tight.

Bupe w/d's STINK. Week or more. It doesn't do for my pain, just gets me high as a kite. I'll try to get it switched to fent or Palladone (have had Palladone, not fent though).

How long can you guys/gals go without getting addicted? i've done 5, 6 days in a row no problem.

I am.coming down off a.month or a.little.longer of Buprenorphine by injection, with my last dose being 1 cc of .3/ml in a 12 c.f. be syringe.

This was an overdose. I was flying and eventually was baker axtednfornten days. I'm with drawinf m
Now. Any ideas? I was beingngiventhebupe for pain. Amaazing results. But now the piper demands payment.

"No one needs to be on bupe for years, "

This kind of mindset is WRONG and needs to stop. Not everyone goes on suboxone or methadone to "get off opiates".. If they truly wanted to "get off opiates", then just taper down and get off the opiate you were using before hand. It's called MAINTENANCE for a reason!!!! There are some of us who know that we will NEVER be able to go our entire lives opiate-free and MAINTENANCE gives us a place & a system to get a LEGAL OPIATE daily and continue on with our lives without having to break the law or wait for the dope man. These drugs were MEANT for maintenance. Not everyone's goal is to be "opiate free". Quit telling people that nobody should be on these drugs "long-term", that's YOUR OPINION and it's a deadly one. I will happily take opiates the rest of my life as they make my life much more worth living. Provided I'd rather be on a more euphoric & shorter acting one, but I digress. There is nothing wrong with being on bupe or whatever opiate for YEARS or the rest of your life, if you so choose, as anything is better than getting that one final bag with a fentanyl hotspot in it.

Last edited:
It's a huge recreational drug in jails and in general to an extent for occasional opiate users

Does it really take 500 people to say "Bupe is recreational if you have no tolerance" lol. If you have a tolerance (including a tolerance to buprenorphine itself), forget it. The most you'll get is all the sedation and side effects of a strong opiate and none of the euphoria or positive effects. If it were truly recreational the Government of the "land of the free" wouldn't hand it out like candy to addicts. It's still a unique and great drug with anti-depressant properties.

The real question should be, is there any way to make bupe MORE recreational?

Last edited: