• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Buprenorphine as a recreational drug?

i get nothing from it except the lack of wd either. If i IV about 6 to 8mgs i can feel happy for a few hours but nothing like a real high but i have been doing a couple hundred MGs of morph for years now. No burn, no breathlessness... none of the good stuff usually but life is tolerable with a good bowl and a benzo on top of it all.

When i first did it (before I was on it for maintenance...you could see where that went lol) but I had already been doing opiates for a while, my tolerance was fairly established~300mg morphine, .4 smoked tar of good quality etc, and I took about 2mg sublingual.
I was solidly high/euphoric/socially lubricated for a GOOD 16hours, after that, I felt residual effects for the next 12 hours or so.
I could take 2-4mg sublingually and get the same results consistently when I took it like once a week, rush wasn't present but you would just start feeling it slowly, not as good as oxy or a full agonist, but still a great high with good opiate effects, IMO better than tramadol/codeine.

When I began snorting I found a much better rush and would only need to do 2mg at the most to get a solid rush, with that ROA i would rate it ALMOST as good as something like hydro because of its ease of ingestion and duration of high, and the high itself because it was very easy to make it go unnoticed, yet it was still present and enjoyable.
The best "light" intoxication I've experienced, if that makes sense, higher doses are not linearly better like pretty much every other drug (other than some weird shit like gabapentin or something), so taking more definitely does not mean it will be better, getting your dosage on point with your tolerance is very important, not just for safety either.

Everyone needs to remember that those with moderate tolerances trying bupe out should NOT use the standard pill dosage of 8mg, even if you have a high tolerance, still, you should start with something like 1-2mg and go from there. Bupe is unique in another way in that taking small amounts over a period of time (when not IV'ing) does NOT effect perception of the high or "rush" because of it's incredibly long duration. This should also carry over into another piece of advice in which the user should always be extra careful when redosing by taking into account this time period.

My recreation exp. with bupe-

Hey guys. If I continue to struggle with mostly morphine and occasional heroin addiction, should I see about getting on bupe? I read tha it causes hair and tooth loss, thought I better ask the experts b4 deciding to talk to my doc. ~Unsure In USA

as an infrequent user of opiates, i found bupe to be an outstanding anti-depressant!

It also exhibited slightly cleaner opiate effects than codeine/tramadol/weaker opiates. This is probably due to it being thebaine derived and more stimulating.

I just seemed to coast through my day as normal, with a pleasant and content feeling hovering ever so slightly over me. TBH if they offered low dose bupe for depression/bipolar i would gladly give it a trial.

Suboxone is the drug of choice by people in prison these days. When you haven't used opiates for a while and you have no tolerance 1mg gets you really stoned. It's the main drug that gets smuggled into prison now a days. It can be recreational but only if you have little to no tolerance.

I used to use it orally to get kinda "high". I feel like it has a really synthetic, kinda dirty high. Kinda sick and really sleepy with barely any euphoria. It's heroins bitch. Lol and though the heroin withdrawal is far more intense, I'd still choose (and did) the heroin withdrawal.

I'd just wean down off the H first (as much as one can ever really control that anyway) I can't stand the VERY extended withdrawal of suboxone esp off 24mgs/day. It went on forever and a day. It went on so long (3months) I relapsed back to heroin before quitting for good.

I was put on butrans (buprenorphine slow release patch) for pain management (my doctor believes regular pain meds will cause me to experience more pain in the end, ugh). This is not a recreational drug. I have only noticed it a few times. It also doesn't work for my arthritis at all.

I just took it for the first time and I feel nothing. I only took 4mg, and 50 minutes have passed. Should I take more?

I just took it for the first time and I feel nothing. I only took 4mg, and 50 minutes have passed. Should I take more?
Do you have an opiate tolerance?
4mg is a big dose and less is more. Don't take more, wait a few days till your tolerance has gone and try again with 2mg.

I do have somewhat of a tolerance. I would have to take 500mg of morphine to get hogh. I took more, so now I took the whole 8mg. Why do you say don't take more? Is it useless to redose? Why start at 2mg if my initial dose was 3 mg and I ended up taking the while 8mg within an hour?

When you have more it dulls the euphoric effects. When you have 1-4 mg it acts as a full agonist but when you have more then that it acts as partial antagonist. So I understand, there's more about it in other threads.

I don't get it, so taking over 4mg is pointless? Because from what I read a lot of people do take more than that. I am a little bit high now, but there's no euphoria. And my hands are oddly shaking.

Can someone please tell if shaky hands, and feeling really out of it is normal for Subtex? I also feel hot and I feel like everything is going fast. I am a little worried

Last edited:
They're side effects from having too much. If you had less it would of felt more like your typical opioid. It's weird how this drug works. Less is more when it comes to suboxone.

Oh, okay. It seems kinda stupid. I first took 4mg, and felt nothing. Then I took the other 4mg, and felt really sick. Man I ended up feeling really dizzy, I was out of it, had my hands shaking, I puked, and I had muscle aches. The stupid part was that I didn't feel 4mg, so a person is inclined to take more. I took only 4 mg more so I did and I got really sick. I think this drug, just isn't my type. I mean if I get nothing from 4mg, but at 8mg I start getting sick, it just doesn't seem like it's worth it. I still feel nauseous and dizzy, and it's been almost 4 hours.

It's actually a great feeling you get from suboxone provided you have little to no tolerance and you take it in small doses.

What the hell is your problem? Get off your high horse before you judge me. You are part of why sometimes I can't stand this site, people are so god damn judgmental.

I used to use it orally to get kinda "high". I feel like it has a really synthetic, kinda dirty high. Kinda sick and really sleepy with barely any euphoria. It's heroins bitch. Lol and though the heroin withdrawal is far more intense, I'd still choose (and did) the heroin withdrawal.

I'd just wean down off the H first (as much as one can ever really control that anyway) I can't stand the VERY extended withdrawal of suboxone esp off 24mgs/day. It went on forever and a day. It went on so long (3months) I relapsed back to heroin before quitting for good.
That's a helpful review of bupe. Sounds like morphine and kratom would be better...

The nalnoxone in Suboxone does nothing even when injected because the bupe has a way higher affinity for receptors than nalnoxone does. It should also be noted that recreational users of subs should be extra careful of dosage since if you OD on bupe they might not be able to revive you with narcan (nalnoxone) because of bupes very high binding affinity.