• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

magnesium to stop gurning whilst under the influence of MDMA

Tranced

Bluelight Crew
Think I'm going to pick up some magnesium in town tomorow for the weekend.

What sort of dose should halt my excessive gurn and at what dose may I expect to accidently shit myself?

Cheers.

Try 500 mg to start, another 500mg if that doesn't work.

Some people find problems with 1000mg, toilet wise, but other people can handle 2 - 3 g with no problem.

You won't accidentally shit yourself, just get diahrrea

Would 500mg now be about right if I'm going to be be doing mdma tonight (baring in mind that in about 8 hours I will be gone)?

I did 500mg shortly after I last posted. Deffinitely reduced the gurning a lot, although wasn't halted completely. That's pretty much what I wanted really though.

^^ yea, i don't think it's meant to act like a total cure but for those who always end up with majorly sore jaws, this can be a godsend. glad you found some relief.

Hmm, I could go some magnesium right now, too much meth yesterday and the day before, I gurn just as much on meth as MDMA.

My magnesium tablets are 420mg as well. It definitely helps but the desire is still there. One or two tabs and REALLY good discipline and you should be okay. But keep in mind it's hard because it's just some nerve in the jaw being stimulated or something and it is that muscle's natural reaction to make you want to clench so bad.

Had the shits the following night, unsure whether it was related or not.

Didn't shit myself though.

Ahhh, so that's where I got the shits from over the weekend. Had 1000mg a few hours after my roll had finished, and paid for it a few hours later into the night lol

VelocideX said:
Try 500 mg to start, another 500mg if that doesn't work.

Some people find problems with 1000mg, toilet wise, but other people can handle 2 - 3 g with no problem.

You won't accidentally shit yourself, just get diahrrea

This is only the case when you take magnesium citrate (citrate being the laxative).

I imagine most people here are taking magnesium oxide, which is outright shit. It may say 'elemental magnesium = 420', but the bioavailibility is a pissweak 4%.

you should take 500
it definitely helps a lot

i'm supposed to take 1000/day for migraines but my body can't handle that. not if i don't expect to spend the day on the toilet.

I never knew there were different types of magnesium, had a closer look at mine and it says "amino acid chelated magnesium, 500mg (equiv. to elemental magnesium 100mg)" - is that good/bad?

I'll agree with the advice here, just a regular dose of magnesium half an hour or so before you roll.

And then maybe another dose of magnesium once you've come down, before you go to sleep, so you don't gurn in your sleep.

rogan said:
I never knew there were different types of magnesium, had a closer look at mine and it says "amino acid chelated magnesium, 500mg (equiv. to elemental magnesium 100mg)" - is that good/bad?

That's a good kind of Magnesium.

i have something to add to this topic. Magnesium doesn't do shit. Took like 600mg before a roll, jaw was still clenching. The ultimate jaw clenching-preventer is will power. Just think while your doing it and stop.

Magnesium works, and it works great
amino acid chelated magnesium, 500mg (equiv. to elemental magnesium 100mg)
Thats the good stuff.
I have one when i drop, and have another whenever i feel like i'm beginning to gurn again. The 2 before i go to sleep, just to be sure i don't grind my teeth at night.

Does it just stop the shaking or does it help a bit with the drying of the mouth? My mouth always feels too fucked the day after to even eat, everything tastes wrong and hard to chew.