Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Marijuana - experienced - ducks and vomit

alasdairm

Moderator: S&T
Staff member
this happened a while ago but i don't often post in here and thought you might appreciate it:

pot, ducks and vomit
a few nights ago i was staying at my friend jeremy's house. he had a copy of 'winged migration' which i still hadn't seen after all this time so he suggested we watch it. good idea.

he suggested we get stoned. good idea.

he suggested we eat the pot instead of smoking it. good idea...

i have a bit of a love/hate relationship with pot. i've used it off and on for years but it retains the capacity to undo me in the strangest ways: paranoia attacks; etc.

i have a great deal of respect for the drug and i generally have a very good idea of my limit. i've eaten it, perhaps, 5 times and i'm aware of the fundamentally different nature of that experience. this night, i was in a generally upbeat, emotionally receptive place so i figured i was green-for-go.

we warmed the pot in a pan with some butter, stirred in some granola and mixed that up with some yoghurt before eating it. about an hour later, i was sipping a beer and we had been watching the movie for a little while. i remarked that i felt really high and jeremy agreed. he added that, in his opinion, we were about one sixth as stoned as we were going to be.

for the next few minutes, i became consumed by the movie - i felt like i was in the movie. some ducks were migrating. i was one of those ducks. a duck at the front was quacking orders. i was following them. i could fly. i understood and spoke duck.

at the same time, my brain decided to start playing a few tricks on me just to keep me on my toes. i was having trouble getting comfortable and the little voice in my head told me that i was cursed with being the world's most uncomfortable man. this was not helping.

anyway. i'm lying on the couch dealing with all this mental exercise and coming to terms with what it means to be a duck when suddenly, out of nowhere and without a single warning sign whatsoever, i started vomiting violently. i vomited all over myself and i managed to lean over and get the rest on the floor. it was coming out with a power i have never really experienced - projectile vomit i guess.

jeremy looked up from his baked stupor across the room and asked what the hell was going on. "i just vomited everywhere" came my plaintive reply.

so now i'm dealing with feeling crappy from having vomited all over myself and with the fact that i have had to drag my stoned friend into my stoner vomit nightmare. i wasn't dealing with that very well either. a nervous breakdown was in the mail but i managed to keep a lid on it somehow.

somehow, we got it all cleaned up and managed to watch the last 30 minutes of the movie which i enjoyed. when it finished, all i wanted to do was go lie down in the dark and fall asleep. so i excused myself and went to bed. i'm standing in the middle of the spare bedroom getting ready for bed and it happened again.

the first spurt landed all over the bed. i turned and made a dash for the bathroom but it was coming out everywhere. they have a kid and i vomited all in her toybox. i managed to get into the bathroom and i actually got a couple of mouthfuls into the sink.

i went back out to the bedroom to survey the damage. the most important thing to me was to be able to clean this up without dragging jeremy further into this nightmare. there was no way. so i headed back out to the living room like a naughty 6 year old and confessed. he dealt with it remarkably well under the circumstances. it took us about an hour to deal with the bedroom incident - it was everywhere. i finally got to lie down in the dark and drop off to sleep. i felt great when i woke up.

i think i'd like to see the movie again.

alasdair

when people think of the risks of drug use things like brain damage, addiction, arrest, and car accidents come to mind.

Ya never think of the little things that can go wrong and totally fuck your shit up- at least I don't.

Well written report. It was clear, easy to understand, and kept me reading. If only I could channel those qualities into my writing....

great report. Well written, pretty witty and funny. regardless of the circumstances =D

I can relate since that sort of happened to me last summer with some brownies.

yep thats happened to me before and it sucks. the few occasions when ive puked i usually keep smoking and it somehow curbs the nasea

This trip report demonstrates the reason why i refuse to eat cannabis. IT becomes so strong and overwhelming, that internal critic, the doomsayer within us all emerges like as a cranky bastard determined to ruin anything good.

^^ I'm glad that doesn't happen to me with oral cannabis. I aboslutely love it. Although once when consuming 2C-T-2, which I've found to reliably produce a state of split ego where you can view the various aspects of your ego interacting with each other, I was assaulted by that "internal critic" pretty harshly. Since then, I haven't used 2C-T-2, because my internal critic was telling me how I had already used it as much as I needed to at the time, and this latest journey was just an attempt at escapism, despite my self-delusion to the contrary.

alasdairm said:
at the same time, my brain decided to start playing a few tricks on me just to keep me on my toes. i was having trouble getting comfortable and the little voice in my head told me that i was cursed with being the world's most uncomfortable man. this was not helping.

lol I pissed myself when i read this.

i'm not entirely sure how much pot was used - that was obviously part of the problem.

i know it's unscientific and purely subjective but if we create a scale of 1 to 10 on which a hearty bong rip of great weed is a 1, then in the incident above i was at 10. i have never been higher (on pot).

alasdair