• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

DXM - Semi Exp - Coricidin Is Bad Shit- Read Please!

i've been on coricidin for about 4 years doing at least 2-3 boxes a week. before that i drank a bottle of tussindm daily, before it made me sick just to smell it. i've known it can be deadly for about the past two years, so that's just me. i was in no way trying to bring harm to someone else intentionally, i'm just a dope fiend.
I respect that you have come back to this thread to clear things up, but with your usage even if you were just doing DXM alone products its still not good. I would seriously suggest you get your liver checked out - the difference between abusing heroin and abusing the CCC's is that heroin does not cause physical damage where as the CCC's are doing significant damage to your liver that I'm guessing you are not aware of.

If you want information about what other DXM only products are available in your area check out the Dextroverse. If you can't find anything perform an extraction on either the CCC's or syrup which will give you something a lot easier on your body.

dopeisthesex said:
unless you are talking about syrup, then no, i have never seen a product on the shelf with only DXM in it.
not sure if I can post brand names, but I know of at least 5 gelcaps and 5 syrups that contain only dxm hbr as it's active ingrediant. If your buying generic brand, you look for usually a blue bottle with the word "tussin" somewhere.

Wow, I'm so sorry to hear that. I've done Coricidin about 3 times, but I only took 8 pills, 240mg DXM. Everyone is saying there are other alternatives, but I haven't found any that is in pill form. I honestly can't stand cough syrup.

^^ Dexalone is a brand that is in liquid gels (I believe) which contains only DXM.

Also keep in mind that 240mg of DXM wouldn't produce as strong an effect as 8 Coricidin, because Coricidin is more than just DXM fucking you up (and destroying your body and mind).

Okay, I don't even know how to describe this, because Horrible doesn't even come close. I'll start from the beginning-

This happened almost exactly one month ago March 26th of 2006. Me and my brother Christopher like to trip on DXM but couldn't get a ride to the store to get any, I had knowledge that coricidin was stupid and I always have thought so but I got so addicted to it because I think it's more intense than pure DXM, my brother thinks the same so we were both looking for robo to try again... Well after failing at that I found some coricidin that I had from a long time ago, but they weren't expired so we thought what the hell. Note that my brother had taken 240mg of Avinza which is Morphine in a time release capsule about 24 hours before this, but the effects were completely worn off. Back to the report- We dosed March 25 at around 6:00pm we each took 16 tablets to just buzz off of... around 9:00pm we each took 16 more so we hit 32 tablets and the high got pretty intense on my part, and he was obviously tripping hard as hell also... this is where it's really sketchy... and hard to remember... I remember taking more boosters every now and then, but I don't remember my brother taking any. At this point I noticed something strange was going on with him, he sounded really different than normal, and his face was like blank white and somewhat green... So I got worried and told him to go and tell my Mom he had overdosed since that was what I was thinking had happened, but he refused... He told me that he could 56 (which he has before) and that he would be fine and that if I said anything he'd kick my ass... So I made him drink over 86oz' of water... thinking it would help. At this point I completely passed out... here's where it goes completely horrible... I woke up and went to wake up my brother, I poked him (I was still tripping HARD) and he wasn't responding, this is when I noticed his face was bright blue... I completely flipped and started throwing up and sweating, shaking, and I yelled for my Mom to call 911, I grabbed my brother and he was still warm and I could hear him gasping a little bit but doing this while tripping on a DXM peak was extremely horrifying... I put him on the floor and did CPR, until the paramedics got there, while giving him CPR his nose started to bleed and I couldn't get a pulse. He didn't make it. At the hospital his blood sugar was 477 which shocked me... there was no way it could've gone that high from something he ate, and there's no primary cause of death besides the fact that they couldn't get his heart pumping, it was completely shot out... I was just wanting some opinnion from someone else... please reply it would be much appreciated... I don't think I'll ever be the same from this, I quit the coricidin and haven't touched it since that day and I've had really hard headaches ever since... Anyone who's tripped hard on DXM would know how hard it is to find someone like that during a peak...
hi im sorry about what happened, i also overdosed in 2003,i only took 8 and my friend took 16. she went and threw hers up.i had done coke and weed probably8 hours earlier. little did i know that when the drugs mixed i was gone within an hour. i died in the ambulace saw the tunnel and heared music. the best feeling i ever felt, i was at peace and had no feeling of pain or being high.for some reason i came back and they took me to the hospital and made me drink charcole and i couldnt walk or hardly move. that shit is extremely dangerous and i hope nobody will do what i did again.i thought it would be ok because everyone was always talking about it. i used to do meth coke ect but that was the one that almost killed me.hopefully people will stop and just stick with weed. take care and sorry again(my fiance died 2004 so i know that losing someone can be extremely difficult but we just have to move on and know that their ok and we will see them again one day)