• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

DXM - Semi Exp - Coricidin Is Bad Shit- Read Please!

Unfortunately, lots of people. Even more unfortunately, it's mostly kids.

I'm sorry to hear about your brother man. I really hope this deters a few more kids away from using coricidin.

Bro, the cpm doesn't make you dumb and fry your brain, The DXM does. CPM will just kill you in high doses. I've made the mistake of dosing up to 50-60mg of cpm while drining tussionex, will no ill mind effects. I did however, take a huge ignorant risk for a stupid opiate high. Play it safe. Your use will catch up to you.

Actually, the CPM has very detrimental effects on the brain in the doses necessary for a Coricidin high. But you're right, DXM also fucks with your shit.

But honestly, the reason Coricidin is so much worse than pure DXM-containing products is because of the CPM (and acetaminophen). It's not because of the DXM, aside from the general illeffects of DXM.

Let me put it this way. 16 pills of Coricidin contain 480mg of DXM. No one dies from that much pure DXM (unless they're lacking in that one liver enzyme and haven't gotten medical attention). However, a number of people have died from 16 pills of Coricidin. hell, people take over a gram of pure DXM without dying all the time. If you took enough Coricidin to get a gram of DXM, you would be fucked, I guarantee it.

DO. NOT. FUCK. WITH. CORICIDIN.

PureLife said:
Bro, the cpm doesn't make you dumb and fry your brain, The DXM does. CPM will just kill you in high doses. I've made the mistake of dosing up to 50-60mg of cpm while drining tussionex, will no ill mind effects. I did however, take a huge ignorant risk for a stupid opiate high. Play it safe. Your use will catch up to you.

your wrong. not only does the cpm fuck your brain, it fries your organs to a point of no return. thats not the dxm its the cpm.

thats awful im terribly sorry i have to say ive done coricidin alot of times and liked it but i read up on it and it is SOOOOO dangerrous as im sure u now know this site has given me alot of knowledge about all the drugs i do and i have to say i feel much safer doing them now my apologies man i know how bad that hurts

I think that the problem with CCC's is that ppl are so used to the gvmt or whomever telling them that pot and such are so bad for you, and then they discover on their own that it's not really that bad, when they are warned about CCC, they just think that it's the gvmt or whomever exageratting the risk once again.

The obvious answer to this would for the antidrug ads to be more realistic.

As others have said to the OP, I'm sorry to hear about your brother. I hope that you can find what you need in your heart to help his positive memory live on.

in the U.S there is NO dxm only product sold in any store on the shelf or behind the counter. none at all. and believe me, i've checked everywhere.

-Untrue, very untrue. There are quite a number of DXM-only products in the US, readily available over the counter. And it's also blatantly untrue that the only Coricidin deaths have occurred in combination with other drugs, and that Coricidin is fine for you. It's not, because of the chlorpheniramine maleate (CPM). So really, Coricidin IS a combination of drugs, either 3 or 4 (can't recall since it's been years since I used it). I have deleted the majority of your post because it's very incorrect and someone could read it, want to believe it, and take your advice without checking around. I don't know where you got your information, but it's false.

-Xorkoth

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes there is DXM only products. I have only ever bought 'Vicks 44 Cough' or 'Robitussin Cough'. It can only say "Cough" Not DM or anything else. You need to do some more searching sir.

Dopeisthesex, what the hell are you talking about??
There are like 6 or 7 dxm only preperations available otc, I live in colorado, by the way, so I can guran-fucking-ty that you will find them if you just look.

Last edited:
In the interests of harm reduction someone please just delete dopeisthesex's post.

coricidin has only had a total of two confirmed deaths total worldwide. so alot of " oh my friend died from it.." or a friend of a friend, is either not reported by the police as it should be, to stop people from using ccc, or the death was a result of a combination of different drugs and alcolhol, which is stupid to do with any drug.
Those two deaths are a result of using it at the recommended dosages, recreational use is an intentional overdose and thus not counted.

Btw, the US has a huge choice of recreational sources of DXM only products - I know this and I've never been to the US.

^^Yeah, I dont know where in the hell he gets his info. If you are a BL'er, you should be smarter than that shit. ugh.

KingZero, if you're still around and reading...

It's been almost a year since this happened. What are your thoughts on the situation now? How have things changed?

peace,
psychedelicious

yea. i know how Coricidin is i ODed at a football game in sept 06. i had a 93% chance of dieing. it was the only time i had done it. its not fun at all. sorry about your brother. if you need to talk to me my e-mail is [email protected] cause ill prolly never get back on this
i only registered cause of your story. when i was researching on it.
sara

misuse of coricidin is probably one of the worst things associated with dxm use.

Sorry to hear what happend bro. Im always reading bluelight before i trip or try a new drug. now that im gona be tryin DXM it good to know that ccc its not the way to go. Again im sorry about what happened bro. :(

i should have checked back sooner so i could have replied.

unless you are talking about syrup, then no, i have never seen a product on the shelf with only DXM in it. i don't drink cough syrup any longer, the taste is just not worth it for me. i've been told about thngs like dexalone, not sold. the robitussin cough gels have proven themselves worthless to me, for some reason. i can take large amounts of it and never get the same feeling as i do from coricidin.

and just why was my post censored? coricidin has caused deaths, yes. but so has heroin,cocaine, among many others. and they are openly discussed on the forums. if you don't take it hell that's fine, but i do, i enjoy it and it's caused me no harm. just like the many many other people who take it.

if it's that big a deal i'll just delete the first post, and this one. and continue the discussion in coricidin friendly forums online.

dopeisthesex said:
coricidin has caused deaths, yes. but so has heroin,cocaine, among many others

True, of course. But used safely, clean heroin, for example, doesn't cause any significant damage to the human organism. On the other hand, Coricidin contains CPM and acetaminphen, which both cause damage each time when taken in doses large enough to trip with Coricidin. And the recommended dosage of Coricidin has caused deaths even, and loads of horrific and damaging experiences. I myself never took more than 8 Coricidin at a time, and after a few times, it left some lasting damage that took a long time to clear up.

That's why your post was censored. because of harm reduction. If you're looking for DXM, Coricidin is the most dangerous way to go, and there are plenty of alternatives. Talk about Coricidin all you want, but just expect people to provide disclaimers so that people reading this in the future trying to learn about DXM don't really believe that it's safe.

alright..first i just need to say, i should'nt have been definitive about what is available over the counter, iv'e travelled alot and have been looking for DXM only products for many years. other then syrup and the robitussin gels i have'nt found any. i keep hearing now that there are some, so if anyone would know a few names, then that would help me out, and also anyone who may read this thread.

obviously coricidin can be deadly, and seriously harmful to some of it's users. i can't read back on my post because it's not there, but i think i did say that i don't advocate other people using it. so if anyone reads this in the future, yeah coricidin can kill you, i just don't happen to care.

i've been on coricidin for about 4 years doing at least 2-3 boxes a week. before that i drank a bottle of tussindm daily, before it made me sick just to smell it. i've known it can be deadly for about the past two years, so that's just me. i was in no way trying to bring harm to someone else intentionally, i'm just a dope fiend.