• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

who's an amateur photographer here?? show your wares!!

Sweet photos Raz...i agreed that it's harder to take pics of people. I like buildings and nature myself...but here's two guys who didn't know I was around..
PICT0190.jpg

PICT0021.jpg

And one more...this is my favourite! The guy on the right looks ashamed of his scooter compared to the other two bad ass bikes ;)
Bikewait2.jpg

pillsnapa - You take some fantastic photographs! Great work!

Everyone else: Yeah, you're aiiight too I guess ;)

Keep up the posting all!

Edit: Derrrr. Like Raz, I forgot to mention that I'm interested in a short photography course. Well, have been for years. And I've done nothing about it. Which isn't all that surprising considering I lack motivation :p ;).

Man, I can't believe I deleted some of my favorite photos off my pc, I blame the RAW files. They're huge!

Anyway, this is my favorite nature photo. It's a snow gum upon Mount Perisher that was photographed on Christmas eve last as sunset was just about upon us. It was really pretty, but windy as hell so you could do exposure bracketing at all.

gorgeous_tree.jpg

It was taken on a Canon 350D with an EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 lens and with a polarising filter.

I took quite a few a photos at weddings recently, but sadly both people didn't pick places that made for good photography. Far too easy to make photos with burned out highlights and under-exposed silhouettes. One obvious consideration that I never thought about when I bought my digital-SLR is the lack of a histogram prior to capture. *slaps head*

I am on the lookout for more lenses (telephoto and macro), but I am concerned about buying lenses for my sort of camera especially given the emergence of the Canon 5D (and others) with the larger CMOS/CCD. My current lens isn't the best in terms of image quality, but being an image stabilising lens you can get away with having hands that can shake... like mine.

I've only had my camera for 4 months now, but I am dreading having to clean the CMOS. I've heard horror stories and such. Also, I noticed that I have a speck of dust on the inside of my lens. Dunno how I am going to clean that fucker, nor do I know how it got on there. But it means that photos into sunset are going to be flared up!

I see so many beautiful things all the time, and wish i had a camera with me. Anyhow i got one for xmas and try to take photos of random things that catch the eye.

heres the first one
thesign.jpg

my apologies about the look, the original is much better, but the image is huge, this is a very very VERY lossy jpg

I love photography and I'm most interested in taking photographs of nature, with some abstract stuff thrown in.

Here's a sea eagle with a fish in its mouth flying across the sun over the Arabian Sea in India.

EagleSunsetoverArabianSea.jpg

Here's a bee on a thistle.

ThistleandBee.jpg

Here's a watery photograph.

VIBeach.jpg

Here's a lakey photograph.

VILake.jpg

And some others. I hope I haven't posted too many.

SwaleSheep.jpg

Ragbone.jpg

Lamp.jpg

Emu.jpg

menotme

There's some great photo's in this thread. Love the food pics anna!
My new years resolution is to actually become a better photographer. So a new digital SLR is on the cards for me to Muzby. Hopefully a good camera will help me realise this dream, I want to take great photos of the town I live in.

For now, here are some recent pics:
83677979_a1df1e2110.jpg

83205678_7cbac7eecc.jpg

52851241_13fcbb2731.jpg

flickr is a good site for posting your amateur photography.

nice work menotme. I really need more lenses, but I can't afford one with my annual $10,000 euro holiday. I just spend way too much money on crap every week.

i haven't been taking any photos for a while now so these are some old ones that i took when i was overseas last year. most of them have been altered around a bit by me until i got the look that i liked the most, but besides that playing around in photoshop is good fun too. :)

IMG_0632new.jpg

IMG_0549new.jpg

IMG_0688new.jpg

meeyenew.jpg

IMG_0695new.jpg

I took this morning. The sun looked soooo beautiful. I think the best time to shoot is dusk and dawn, 'cause the light gives great colors!
sunrise1.jpg

Speaking of lighting....I like taking photos of stuff where there's a good contrast of light and dark, and then making it a negative image. It's not much of a trick, but it looks cool.. :)

fotka5xv.jpg

Wow! Lot's of completely lovely and great photo's! I too have a love for capturing places and experiences as 0's & 1's... digital photography that is.. :)

A big expensive fuck off digital SLR is on the shopping list, hopefully a bit later this year it will become a reality.

I love looking at others photo's as much as taking them so please keep them coming!

PICT0516fs.jpg

Fencing wire taken near King Lake National Park, VIC.

bigfarm9as.jpg

Old dairy, Western Districts, VIC

PICT1240cs.jpg

Sunset taken at Marpoon an Aboringal reserve, Cape York.

DSC01277bs.jpg

Sunset of the Riveria Wheat Belt, Womboota, NSW

PICT0896cs.jpg

Baron Falls two days after Cairns received it's average rainfall of 800mm in 24 hours, Cairns, QLD

PICT1215as-usmb.jpg

Shells on a beach near Exmouth, WA

PICT0642ds.jpg

Construction at the MCG, Melbourne, VIC

PICT2506as.jpg

Horseshoe Falls, Mt Field National Park, TAS

ah so many awesome photos, i'm so jealous of you all!

it's amazing how a good eye and proper equipment can give such wonderful results.

thumbs up guys!

thanks doodle, my travel bug just got a lot worse. ;) Now I just want to quit work and just go on a travelling photo spree.

Thanks for the very kind words Anna & up all night.

Raving Loony I would love for someone to pay me to travel Australia (and the world..) taking photo's, but til then I guess such trips will have to remain self funded.

A boy can dream... :)